Ultra Racing Strut Bar

Pumped

LOL, so does that mean most of us are running on fakes.

I have no clue why I find that funny but I just do :ph34r:

hahaha. Well, when I receive mine I will be confirming with UR in Malaysia when the bars were purchased. The eBayer I purchased from said he has ordered the bars from UR and when he receives them he will ship em out. One could view this a few ways:

a) He actually doesn't keep any stock on hand and orders from UR and then posts (weird - what eBay seller doesn't have the stock on hand that they're selling?)

B) If he was selling fakes he would have the stock on hand?

c) I'm getting royally shafted, he's laughing with my money in the bank and isn't sending anything.

Whatever the case may be I will be protected because I paid via PayPal.

Ok so it may be complete coincidence but when I punched in both serial numbers (I've got the front strut and rear sway bars) on the malaysian website they were both confirmed and had the same purchase dates as when I purchased them. I purchased at different times. So unless dffoo1972 copied the serial number of the original and found the original being sold at the same time then I'm just thinking the Aus dealer just doesn't like competition..

If I do have fakes they are of amazing quality and have proved themselves time and time again

Like he said, Malaysia is corrupt. Whats stopping the 50+ odd Malaysian store staff and customers txting the number off to the factory when sold, before they email or enter the product code off to UR. This also is most likely since Malaysia have a lot of open demonstrations and display their products at Markets and Centres.

I know this because I lived in BKK for a while, and theres heaps of amazing fakes that look 150%! like an original, right down to the particals. Allthough quality deteriates 4 X Faster than a genuine one made on a Friday :P

We should invite the 2 for a debate :spiteful:

Edited by MartysAurion

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my bars today.

I rang UR in Malaysia today to confirm serial numbers. Apparently they haven't updated their system yet so she will email me when she can confirm. I asked for a purchase date of the bars to see if it matches up with my order date timeline.

The bars look real according to http://www.ultraracing.com.my/template.asp?menuid=18

If they're fakes, they're really good ones. They look the goods but we'll see, I guess.

The anti-roll bar came wrapped in the UR racing plastic but the front bar only came shrink wrapped.

Can anyone confirm that the front bar should have a flat section as per the attached photos?

Also my rear anti-roll bar didn't come with 2 pieces circled in the official ultra racing picture and the product code doesn't match up with their website (Toyota Camry 2.4 07 rear anti-roll 19mm

Product Code: UR-AR19-159) versus UR website (UR-AR23-221). Googled UR-AR19-159 and it seemed to come up with Camry 07 so it may be because the website is out of date?

post-23599-0-35601300-1303963754_thumb.j

post-23599-0-68569000-1303963773_thumb.j

post-23599-0-14312200-1303963796_thumb.j

post-23599-0-31979700-1303963828_thumb.j

post-23599-0-88570800-1303964049_thumb.j

Edited by wushoes

Can anyone confirm that the front bar should have a flat section as per the attached photos?

That flat section was not on either of the bars I had/have, neither have I seen such a thing on the bars that others here have had.

Also my rear anti-roll bar didn't come with 2 pieces circled in the official ultra racing picture

They never fit properly, so UR stopped supplying them.

...and the product code doesn't match up with their website (Toyota Camry 2.4 07 rear anti-roll 19mm

Product Code: UR-AR19-159) versus UR website (UR-AR23-221). Googled UR-AR19-159 and it seemed to come up with Camry 07 so it may be because the website is out of date?

The RSB originally had the code UR-AR19-123. Somewhere along the line this was changed to UR-AR19-159. That is the 19mm bar. UR-AR23-221 is the 23mm RSB.

Also spotted two discrepancies. The bolt holes for the front strut brace are cut differently to what I have seen on all the front strut braces I've come across, and the mounting points for the RSB look a little different to usual. If you ask me, unless there are some changes made to their design, then these don't seem right.

Perhaps they got damaged in transit as it was only shipping in bubble wrap.

Now that you mention it the bolt holes do look big on the front strut brace.

How do the mounting points for the RSB look diffrent to usual?

Edited by wushoes

Perhaps they got damaged in transit as it was only shipping in bubble wrap. Thanks for the info.

Neither discrepancy looks like transit damage to me mate.

Perhaps they got damaged in transit as it was only shipping in bubble wrap. Thanks for the info.

Neither discrepancy looks like transit damage to me mate.

Yep. What about the RSB?

How should I go about sending it back and getting a refund via eBay? I paid with PayPal too. Surely eBay has some policy against selling of non-genuine articles.

Yep. What about the RSB?

The mounting tabs on the RSB appear to be physically wider and more rounded than all the ones I've seen. Something is definitely not right.

On the front strut brace, the mounting holes are more rectangular than the ones I've seen which are rounded.

But don't take my word for it. This is purely just my opinion. If they do happen to be fakes, I would start looking at eBay and PayPal policies and then start contacting the seller.

Sent an email with photos to Ultra Racing and confirm serials and products are legit. As I said earlier - they're the goods or really good fakes.

Hello David,

Don't worry, you've purchased genuine Ultra Racing products. The flat section is actually the latest batch of product to clear the clearance between the strut and the snorkel. It will still hold strong as long as the two points on the strut tower are being connected.

According to the serial number provided, these has been sold by Eushia from Malaysia, one of our distributor in Malaysia.

Should you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Junloong

Ultra Racing Marketing Executive

Edited by wushoes

Ok definitely genuine. I purchased the bars off eBay on 11th April. Wasn't sent immediately because he had to order the bars from UR.

Hello David,

According to our system. It was declared at mid of April.

Should you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Junloong

Ultra Racing Marketing Executive

{edit*}

I don't know man, they look pretty raw in places. The welding doesnt look to crash hot, and they have been damaged pretty bad in travel, prob worse cond than your 4 yo stocky one.

They could of put alot more love into the powder coating.

But UR Malay said they where the real deal, thanks could you message me for Junloong email if possible? I'll email him direct for mine, and to quadroople wrap em :P

Edited by N3ptuNe

{edit*}

I don't know man, they look pretty raw in places. The welding doesnt look to crash hot, and they have been damaged pretty bad in travel, prob worse cond than your 4 yo stocky one.

They could of put alot more love into the powder coating.

But UR Malay said they where the real deal, thanks could you message me for Junloong email if possible? I'll email him direct for mine, and to quadroople wrap em :P

Just ring them and they will check. That's what I did, then I corresponded by email after that.

Probably a bit too late to give you the email now.

And I know everyone already knows this, but the 2 bars make an amazing difference to the feel of the car. :spiteful:

Anyone can copy an item to make it look genuine (paint, packaging, serial numbers etc) but the quality of the materials used + workmanship is key.

Look at what happens with our portable storage devices. There are so many genuine looking USB keys and memory cards out there that are all CCS (cheap Chinese... Stuff).

You guys may wish to buy from an unregistered dealer, which is your perogative and thats fine. I however, don't feel it's worth the risk of getting an inferior product.

Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Talk about worrying much... ^^^^^

My front bar looks exactly the same as yours, I wasn't to concerned. It's just a bar you slap on the front to make it look rice bro, rice.

I would find it hilarious if we were all running fakes :-)

Talk about worrying much... ^^^^^

My front bar looks exactly the same as yours, I wasn't to concerned. It's just a bar you slap on the front to make it look rice bro, rice.

I would find it hilarious if we were all running fakes :-)

Man Hamish. (how is j-eez censored??)

All that junk sales you've been doing has gone to your head. Now you're talking it. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Finally installed my 4 Point lower front strut today

Under acceleration there is a a rubbing/vibrating noise. its raining outside and haven't been able to check under the car but i would guess the strut is hitting the exhaust pipe when the engine twists under acceleration

any ideas?

Finally installed my 4 Point lower front strut today

Under acceleration there is a a rubbing/vibrating noise. its raining outside and haven't been able to check under the car but i would guess the strut is hitting the exhaust pipe when the engine twists under acceleration

any ideas?

PM Tofuboi (Nathan) he ran one of these for a while and from memory had similar issues. :unsure:

Anyone having problems with their sway bar bushings? Mine started to squeak about 2 or 3 weeks after installation. Jacked up the car, lubed them up again....1 week later, starting to squeak a little bit again :(