Ultra Racing Strut Bar

Pumped

Fitted the new rear sway bar today. Haven't had time to really test it but early indication is it is much better than stock, in fact I can't believe how weak the stock bar is, it is so light and flimsy! The only trouble I had was that the nut on one of the rear stabilizer links was difficult to undo as the ball joint with the stud kept turning. I took bar out by pointing it at about 45 degrees towards rear passenger door as per picture. The car was on ramps and I didn't have to drop muffler or do anything else. When I tightned the nut on the stabilizer link, there was just enough thread to have it flush as others have found. Thanks for all the helpful hints guys.

post-6135-0-00095700-1315139218_thumb.jp

Edited by julian040859

... and flimsy!

Flimsy eh? I'm sure if you drove your car without it you would think otherwise.

The rear sway bar relies on torsional strength so just because it may feel lighter and thinner in comparison to the new one, doesn't mean it's weak.

Fitted the new rear sway bar today. Haven't had time to really test it but early indication is it is much better than stock, in fact I can't believe how weak the stock bar is, it is so light and flimsy! The only trouble I had was that the nut on one of the rear stabilizer links was difficult to undo as the ball joint with the stud kept turning. I took bar out by pointing it at about 45 degrees towards rear passenger door as per picture. The car was on ramps and I didn't have to drop muffler or do anything else. When I tightned the nut on the stabilizer link, there was just enough thread to have it flush as others have found. Thanks for all the helpful hints guys.

In regard to the nut that I had trouble removing, I have just read the instructions in Google Docs "Suspension, 07-09 Camry Service Manuals". It suggests you can hold the stud to undo the nut by using a 5mm hex wrench to hold it.(Allen Key?) Wish I had read that first!

Edited by julian040859

• 2 weeks later...

Also interested in getting the front strut bar & Rear Sway bar but i dont have Aurion.

If i upgraded with these, does its improve handling of my car?

not dramatically, but you will feel a difference,

Not sure about a 36 series as i have only driven stock ones with bigger wheels but the UR products should make the same sort of difference as they do on the Aurion and 40 series Camry.

Also interested in getting the front strut bar & Rear Sway bar but i dont have Aurion.

If i upgraded with these, does its improve handling of my car?

The best ~$350-$400 you'll spend on handling mods with the exception of putting in a set of poly steering rack bushes.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought GReddy Front Strut Tower Bar for AUD$141 + Shipping from RHD Japan and the nuts on the left tower are so tight!

I have to go and see my mechanic and see if he can get them off!

IMG_5459Medium-1.jpg

Bought GReddy Front Strut Tower Bar for AUD$141 + Shipping from RHD Japan and the nuts on the left tower are so tight!

I have to go and see my mechanic and see if he can get them off!

IMG_5459Medium-1.jpg

Yeah I found them pretty tough too! I snapped a Cresent branded Ratchet Arm and 14mm socket on that same LH bolt! So I bought 60cm bar and 14MM Snapon socket to save stripping or stuffing up the bolts and it came off with a bit of pressure.

Not trying to sound like a guru because i'm not, but maybe the cheap socket sets just cant withstand the pressure of ultra tight bolts...

Hi folks, I have been a bit quiet on the modding front lately (recent heart trouble) any way I finally have the intake and the Ultra Racing strut bar. and after testing on a twisty steep hill im amazed at the difference of handling, can attack the corners much more aggresivly !

Absolutely. In accordance with the front brace and a Rear sway brace, it's suppose to reduce body roll up to 40% :)

If I can get it to corner any better i'll be ordering the rear brace too !

Realistically, the front strut tower brace doesn't really improve the cornering abilities of your car. It does however improve the cornering feel of your car. It's like changing your running shoes. A new pair may feel more comfortable but it won't make you faster.

You will however get a surprisingly large improvement by upgrading your rear sway bar so I'd highly recommend doing that. If the strut brace was enough to amaze you, you'll drop your jaw after upgrading the RSB.

Realistically, the front strut tower brace doesn't really improve the cornering abilities of your car. It does however improve the cornering feel of your car. It's like changing your running shoes. A new pair may feel more comfortable but it won't make you faster.

You will however get a surprisingly large improvement by upgrading your rear sway bar so I'd highly recommend doing that. If the strut brace was enough to amaze you, you'll drop your jaw after upgrading the RSB.

holy crap if it gets better than I have then yes the rear bar is next !! thanks DJKOR.

holy crap if it gets better than I have then yes the rear bar is next !! thanks DJKOR.

Ultra Racing Malaysia's explanation of the 2 in accordance with each other.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

just curious on how easy was it to install it? Cause i bought mine a while back

and i remembered it being a little tough to put it in as the the holes on the strut

were grinding against the screws on the top mount of the suspension. Basically was it

an easy bolt on for you guys or did anyone had to hammer it in?

Thanks,

Hey guys,

and i remembered it being a little tough to put it in as the the holes on the strut

were grinding against the screws on the top mount of the suspension. Basically was it

Thanks,

Mine went on with no problems at all, no force was required

Cheers

Peter

Hey guys,

Thanks,

no problems with the front bar, fitted perfectly.

I have the strut brace installed and now have the 4 points rear bars installed, made it a little more stiff and bouncy, got bucked out of the seat while on a spirited run, very funny sensation. just the 19mm read sway bar to go.

• 2 weeks later...

The rear sway bar is in thanks to Scott, as im not allowed to do too much yet.The rear end is so stiff now, you give it a bit of stick round bends it feels like "cocking its leg" lifting the wheel off the ground, very interesting sensation. B)

• 11 months later...

Hey guys, sorry to be one of those ancient thread bumpers, but just thought people might like a tip on a source of the strut brace.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260800639043?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Seller public_racing, happily took my best offer of $100US.

Received it today, a lot faster than expected, as he'd informed me that it wasn't kept in stock, they ordered direct from UR and it had to be manufactured. Came via DHL, online tracking et al. Appears genuine.

Easy to install (A breaker bar is your best friend).

Very impressed at how notable a difference it makes. Now to save up for the RSB.

For $100, you can't not do it.

Again, sorry for the bump, hope it's helpful for some.

Bit of a bump on an old thread, thought I may contribute my first post on this forum! =]

I installed the front strut bar a few weeks ago. Did a bit of a before and after run around the back factories on a sunday, and WOW. Well worth the money. As explained many times above, I wouldn't go so far as to say there is MORE grip or cornering ability, but boy does it give confidence. Even noticeable in moderate every day driving.