Ultra Racing Strut Bar

Pumped

Just got my Front Strut bar delivered today,

Either I'm ridiculously exhausted from work, or the bolts on both sides have been tightened by God himself with the world's 2nd largest socket wrench.

May have to resort to getting a mechanic to take the damn bolts off....

Either I'm ridiculously exhausted from work, or the bolts on both sides have been tightened by God himself with the world's 2nd largest socket wrench.

Yeah i can't recall anybody who's being able to undo these nuts by hand (& this is a good thing) Most of us have used air tools to get them undone, but don’t use them to retighten them though, use the biggest socket wrench you can get your hands on. Also a good idea in a week to have another crack at them to retighten once it's settled in.

Yeah i can't recall anybody who's being able to undo these nuts by hand (& this is a good thing) Most of us have used air tools to get them undone, but don’t use them to retighten them though, use the biggest socket wrench you can get your hands on. Also a good idea in a week to have another crack at them to retighten once it's settled in.

Softies :P

Cheaper option would be to get an off cut of pipe and put it on the end of your ratchet, the leverage worked wonders getting mine off. Dont use the pipe though to tighten them.

Ended up going down to my mechanic, Installed the whole bar in less time it's taken for me to write this post and he did it for free.

"I only charge for actual work"

:D

LOL at you girls. Mind you, I don't have the man power of Steven, but I undid my struts with a 20cm long socket driver.

Are you certain you're not actually IronMan? :P

Are you certain you're not actually IronMan? :P

Nah... unfortunately not. Steven gets close though. Where I needed a breaker bar on a standard 30cm socket driver to remove the 17mm bolts on the brake callipers, Steven used just the socket driver.

Nah... unfortunately not. Steven gets close though. Where I needed a breaker bar on a standard 30cm socket driver to remove the 17mm bolts on the brake callipers, Steven used just the socket driver.

ahhahahaha

I remember that. Struggle for 5-10mins

*Steve wonders over to inspect what's going on, grabs the socket*

Done.

• Like 1

Softies :P

lol even the Air Gun struggled to undo mine, had to knock it up a few notches. BUT i now remember paradigm and i got his off with some fairly basic tools, few swear words but wasn’t too bad considering the tools we used.. lol

Ok after having the front strut bar for a week, I've just purchased the rear 19mm rear sway bar. Just to confirm, if I have the car on just ramps, do I need to take off the two rear muffler mounts as well as the Y mount to lower the exhaust a bit or can I get the bar out without doing that?

Ok after having the front strut bar for a week, I've just purchased the rear 19mm rear sway bar. Just to confirm, if I have the car on just ramps, do I need to take off the two rear muffler mounts as well as the Y mount to lower the exhaust a bit or can I get the bar out without doing that?

Depends on how skillful you feel when you do it. I have gotten away with leaving the mounts as they are, so anything is possible.

Hi Julian,

I had all sorts of trouble getting mine on trying to jack the car up, release the exhaust etc.

If you have ramps that are at least 10" high then it will come out without any problems without having to undo anything else but the mounting nuts and bolts.

If the car isn't high enough you can't twist the bar far enough to manouver it in (and the old one out).

Cheers Rob

Edited by Robf

Hey Julian where did you order your rear bar from and how much did they sting you?

I got the front bar from ebay ctech tuners, I was happy with what I got so I am buying the rear sway bar from him. here is the link http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ULTRA-RACING-19mm-Rear-Anti-roll-Bar-Toyota-Camry07-/150649462131?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2313685d73

• 2 weeks later...

Got my 19mm Ultra Racing Sway Bar last night, just on two weeks from Malaysia. Will be fitting it on the weekend. Have ramps to do job. No clamps came with bar and I have seen others say just use the old ones. Do I need to put any rubber lube on bushes?...If so what sort? ....... and how long should the job take? It looks like less than an hour?

Got my 19mm Ultra Racing Sway Bar last night, just on two weeks from Malaysia. Will be fitting it on the weekend. Have ramps to do job. No clamps came with bar and I have seen others say just use the old ones. Do I need to put any rubber lube on bushes?...If so what sort? ....... and how long should the job take? It looks like less than an hour?

There should be a packet of grease that comes with it,

Mine from Ultra Racing Australia did not come with a packet of grease. I just picked up a $5 can of lithium grease instead.

Mine from Ultra Racing Australia did not come with a packet of grease. I just picked up a $5 can of lithium grease instead.

AHh crap, keep forgetting I got white line rsb ><

Ha!

I bought a whiteline 20mm RSB and it came with neither grease OR bushes. Consider yourself lucky if you get anything!

woo ! im lucky then ;) got both .. but it took 6 weeks for it to come in <_<

Ha!

I bought a whiteline 20mm RSB and it came with neither grease OR bushes. Consider yourself lucky if you get anything!

woo ! im lucky then ;) got both .. but it took 6 weeks for it to come in <_<

Just checked my packaging and Yes!, there was a sachet of brown/read grease wrapped in the bubble wrap and two bushes. Cant wait to fit the RSB and put the Aurion into corners, I suppose my tyres may start wearing out sooner after I get the job done!

Edited by julian040859