Ultra Racing Strut Bar

Pumped

Hmmmmmm, alright no problems. Thanks for the links. I won't be getting the thicker one. It's just that you guys kept mentioning the thicker ones and I couldn't find them! ;)

Yeah the 19mm should pull you up pretty nicely, good choice :)

Hmmmmmm, alright no problems. Thanks for the links. I won't be getting the thicker one. It's just that you guys kept mentioning the thicker ones and I couldn't find them! ;)

Yeah the 19mm should pull you up pretty nicely, good choice :)

Cheers. This will be my next short term mod. I first need to study hard.

Edited by unique

• 3 weeks later...

:ph34r:

Well I ended up buying it. Just could not resist. I just hope I made the right decision. I have a fear that it won't live up to the expectations. Just hope it does!

Less body roll will make me happy!

Edited by unique

Got a email from the guy, he has received my payment and will be sending it soon.

I was just wondering though, today I bought petrol and then I had 3 passengers in the car. The car felt so sluggish around corners with all that extra weight with almost a full tank of 98 and 3 passengers. Will the new sway bar combat that sluggish feel because its a thicker bar? I can't explain things for crap lol.

I have a fear that it won't live up to the expectations. Just hope it does!

As long as you don't expect it to transform into a sports car, then you won't be disappointed.

Will the new sway bar combat that sluggish feel because its a thicker bar? I can't explain things for crap lol.

I wouldn't say it would combat it. It will make it slightly harder to get body roll from the weight transfer, but the bar only has so much torsion. As the weight transfer increases, the bar effectiveness will decrease.

I have a fear that it won't live up to the expectations. Just hope it does!

As long as you don't expect it to transform into a sports car, then you won't be disappointed.

Will the new sway bar combat that sluggish feel because its a thicker bar? I can't explain things for crap lol.

I wouldn't say it would combat it. It will make it slightly harder to get body roll from the weight transfer, but the bar only has so much torsion. As the weight transfer increases, the bar effectiveness will decrease.

Nah for sure, I'm not putting my expectations that high.

That was a pretty damn good explanation, I fully understand what you mean :). I'm quite happy with how the car performs around corners as it is so I guess the new bar should live up to expectations.

I also need some new rubber soon as well so that should also help with turning as well.

Cheers!!

• 6 months later...
Very interesting reading overall - this is probably one of the next things on my list, getting the front strut and rear sway. I don't mind a bit of spirited cornering heheh, especially on our cruises!

Seems like the best combo for the Camry would be to stick to the 19mm rear sway then, just looking on the Ultra Racing website now and it's the only choice available anyway. Definitely a price increase though, $218 now for the front strut and $323 for the rear sway, plus $17 postage for each item.

Seeings the thread has been revived could we maybe get a group buy going? Try and get a bit of a discount heheh

You can have my old rear sway bar. I'll get the new one and everyone will see my epic oversteer and then i'll be a member of the Guni 'Oversteer is Bad mmkay?' Club. :P

Okay jokes aside. I am interested in the upgraded rear sway bar. However right now the car seems to have an....okay balance. But I don't drive near as hard as Daryl does, so he might need it more than I would. :P

I'd also be interested in a group buy if we could get it a little cheaper. Be doing both the front and rear :D Quite interesting article about the FWD spin.

Edit: oops, hit the reply button without seeing there was more pages to read :blush:

Edited by benji4138

Very interesting reading overall - this is probably one of the next things on my list, getting the front strut and rear sway. I don't mind a bit of spirited cornering heheh, especially on our cruises!

Seems like the best combo for the Camry would be to stick to the 19mm rear sway then, just looking on the Ultra Racing website now and it's the only choice available anyway. Definitely a price increase though, $218 now for the front strut and $323 for the rear sway, plus $17 postage for each item.

Seeings the thread has been revived could we maybe get a group buy going? Try and get a bit of a discount heheh

You can have my old rear sway bar. I'll get the new one and everyone will see my epic oversteer and then i'll be a member of the Guni 'Oversteer is Bad mmkay?' Club. :P

Okay jokes aside. I am interested in the upgraded rear sway bar. However right now the car seems to have an....okay balance. But I don't drive near as hard as Daryl does, so he might need it more than I would. :P

I'd also be interested in a group buy if we could get it a little cheaper. Be doing both the front and rear :D Quite interesting article about the FWD spin.

Edit: oops, hit the reply button without seeing there was more pages to read :blush:

LOL good one mate. Well you've seen my car, it's got front and rear bars installed, so there's a guide. :P

LOL good one mate. Well you've seen my car, it's got front and rear bars installed, so there's a guide. :P

Cool, well I'm thinking of getting them from Ebay and just waiting for the shipping, amongst other things. I think what confused me is that I'm still not used to seeing it as 2011, and I still think it's 2010, so when I saw your's and Tash's posts in Jan '10 I thought, sweet, there are still people who haven't upgraded and want a group buy.

Has anyone purchased their Strut Bar/Rear Sway Bar from this Ebay Seller?

If so, how was their service?

FYI: Both items are 10% off until about 8pm (23rd Feb 2011), Rear Sway Bar USD$209.70. Strut Bar USD$122.40.

Buy both at the same time save USD$10 on shipping.

Total for both USD$322.10.

Edited by u54mot

Has anyone purchased their Strut Bar/Rear Sway Bar from this Ebay Seller?

If so, how was their service?

FYI: Both items are 10% off until about 8pm (23rd Feb 2011), Rear Sway Bar USD$209.70. Strut Bar USD$122.40.

Buy both at the same time save USD$10 on shipping.

Total for both USD$322.10.

It Says International Shipping is free?

Never the less I've purchased one :D

Edited by Helvetica Rounded

Mine came from ivy and its definitely genuine.

Well that's a bit odd to say the least!

I guess Luis must feel threatened, definitely after seeing how much he was going to charge me for a strut bar plus postage!

I bought it from dffoo1972 and well if it really is fake it's a damn good fake :lol:

I think that person is just ****** off that they are selling it so cheap and free EXPRESS postage too!

Has anyone bought the 23mm rear sway, and thoughts?? Just trawling back through this thread and others as those Ebay sellers have the rear sway very cheap so am finally getting more serious about getting one to team with my UR front strut :) Although reading over things seems like I'm best to stick with a 19mm bar?

Has anyone bought the 23mm rear sway, and thoughts?? Just trawling back through this thread and others as those Ebay sellers have the rear sway very cheap so am finally getting more serious about getting one to team with my UR front strut :)

I don't think anyone here has bought one, or at least reported back on their findings. I personally did consider getting it, but I figured that the 19mm one is quite a good balance for me. I reckon going for a 23mm bar would probably make the Aurion little too tail happy and probably end up being less balanced to drive. If I could somehow find an upgraded front sway bar, I reckon a 23mm sway bar would go great.

But that's all talk. I guess you could be the gunniea pig for us...

Has anyone bought the 23mm rear sway, and thoughts?? Just trawling back through this thread and others as those Ebay sellers have the rear sway very cheap so am finally getting more serious about getting one to team with my UR front strut :)

I don't think anyone here has bought one, or at least reported back on their findings. I personally did consider getting it, but I figured that the 19mm one is quite a good balance for me. I reckon going for a 23mm bar would probably make the Aurion little too tail happy and probably end up being less balanced to drive. If I could somehow find an upgraded front sway bar, I reckon a 23mm sway bar would go great.

But that's all talk. I guess you could be the gunniea pig for us...

Yeah it doesn't seem that way and I understand perfectly what you're saying, if I've got the 19mm front strut up front already and add 23mm in the rear its probably not really going to achieve what I want, which is just to stiffen up the rear a little so it "follows through".

If I had an Aurion with a bit more guts I'd probably happily be the guinea pig lol Although I guess in any FWD once you under steer too far you're in trouble.

Mine came from ivy and its definitely genuine.

Well that's a bit odd to say the least!

I guess Luis must feel threatened, definitely after seeing how much he was going to charge me for a strut bar plus postage!

I bought it from dffoo1972 and well if it really is fake it's a damn good fake :lol:

I think that person is just ****** off that they are selling it so cheap and free EXPRESS postage too!

Bought mine from dffoo1972 and feel the same. If it is fake then it's an A grade fake tongue.gif

Maybe he doesn't like competition and wants a monopoly of the market. Definitely loving the Free shipping :D

I guess I shall be the guinea pig then Tash ;) (I think you meant once you have too much oversteer in a FWD and not aware of it you can find yourself in trouble tongue.gif)

Lol whoops - oh well, the basic idea was there :lol:

Good on you for being the guinea pig :) Hope to order a RSB next pay day, I forgot that RACV were taking out their money today for the first time <_<

Good to see you're finally taking the plunge and matching that front strut brace with one for the rear Tash! :D

Should help a fair bit. :P