Statistics of Aurion drivers

apg39

Dave here,

SEX: Male

REASONS FOR BUYING: Liked the look of the Aurion ever since I first saw it, and when I looked at the specs, decided it was time to move on from the old 1990 Mitsubishi Magna TP 2.6 (yes the smoky, rattling, boxy one! Mine didn't do either of these, except looked like a rusty box haha). I still have that old thing though, but kept it for my little sister and brother to learn on.

The Aurion I liked the fact that it was safe, comfortable, stylish, feature-rich, reliable, and of course fuel efficient. It is also very nice to have a car that just works, and doesn't require attention on maintenance every single weekend. It is also very nice to find a car designed so thoughtfully with consideration for many things other manufactures won't even consider - just little design things and features that are often overlooked.

Overall, I guess being used to big cars (I also drive a Subaru Forester and a Honda Oddysey), the Aurion is still big but feels more like a smaller car, but actually appears stylish. The power for me isn't really a must-have, but is definitely a nice-to-have feature. After driving only 4 cylinder cars, a silky-smooth V6 is definitely a welcome change =) No regrets on the purchase at all!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NAME: Rowan

REASON FOR BUYING: I absolutly loved the aurion since the day they came out and always read the write-ups on them in the wheels and motor mags. So as soon as i left school and got into full time employment i got stuck into saving a bit of money. I sold my bike and boat to help get there abit faster and there was too many weekends that i nocked back my mates when they asked me to go out just to save that little bit more lol. I had a 03' corolla that was half done up at the time, so it was sad to see it go because of the great fuel economy and it never missed a beat.

i had a few options in the end which were narrowed down to and Aurion, XR6 (thank *** i didnt go that way) and a celica. XR6 because it was manual and rear wheel drive but that was eliminated becuase ever 3rd car you see is an XR6. so then i wnet through a stage of getting a celica which i sometimes would still have liked to get but the stock ones look nothin too special and it would have cost a bit to make them look good (skirts, suspension, rims). And also when it somes to sell it i would think they would take a wile to get rid of.

And then it was the aurion, i couldnt think of anything better, did not have to do 1 thing to it it was just already done. Beautiful looks, goey engine and great interior. so with my heart set i went a brought one from the auctions for a great price and i couldnt be more happy. and finding this site is such makes it so much easier and everyone on here is always too happy to help out.

THUMBS UP FOR THE AURIONS!!! :D

Edited by eSEXSIX

REASONS FOR BUYING: well i brought the aurions about 4 months ago it come to the point my partners car had done over 300 thousand k's and i wanted something new for her to be able to drive down to the country to see her parents so i went and looked around at all these cars yes i looked at holdens fords mazdas everything i test drove them all and it didnt matter what car i drove i come back to the aurion everytime it was so smooth nice looking and the dash is hot hehehe, so i am so happy with this car got awsome price on it in the end so that me happy so i am so happy i brought this over the mazda 3 sp23 i was gunna bye :)

SEX: FEMALE

REASON FOR BUYING:

well i bought my Aurion TONIGHT!! (yes im still at work and havent even gotten to drive it yet) i work @ a Toyota dealership in Perth so when my 06 Corolla was driving me crazy cos it's too small and too slow (only had it 3months) the Aurion was an AWESOME step up! this car is my "family car/daily driver" everything fits in it perfeclt (with a 2.5yr old son comes alot of crap lol) and i enjoy driving it. its VERY differnt from my "baby girl" (my nissan 200sx S14) who i drive on the weekends but this Aurion is a very very sexy daily! VERY HAPPY! :)

REASON FOR BUYING:

well i bought my Aurion TONIGHT!! (yes im still at work and havent even gotten to drive it yet) i work @ a Toyota dealership in Perth so when my 06 Corolla was driving me crazy cos it's too small and too slow (only had it 3months) the Aurion was an AWESOME step up! this car is my "family car/daily driver" everything fits in it perfeclt (with a 2.5yr old son comes alot of crap lol) and i enjoy driving it. its VERY differnt from my "baby girl" (my nissan 200sx S14) who i drive on the weekends but this Aurion is a very very sexy daily! VERY HAPPY! :)

You are probably the first female Aurion owner on this forum that I have heard from (edit: well I have heard from jess_w, but her's was a rental right). Would be good to see if there are any others that may just be watching in on this forum. Hehehe, on the main page, I took a quick glance and thought BONDIE made another post. It's glad to hear you like your new purchase. You will definitely not be disappointed with your purchase.

ah looks like our Aurion forum is busy

REASON FOR BUYING: Want a practical family car. (I am the eldest child.) So for it to be reliable, roomy, and cheap.

Competition was Accord and Mondeo. Besides lower power, on closer inspect they weren't real competition lol.

Though both has slightly larger wheelbase, Aurion has a flat foot area for the middle rear passenger (family of 5).

Edited by tekkyy

REASON FOR BUYING:

You are probably the first female Aurion owner on this forum that I have heard from (edit: well I have heard from jess_w, but her's was a rental right). Hehehe, on the main page, I took a quick glance and thought BONDIE made another post. It's glad to hear you like your new purchase.

hehehe yeah i noticed BONDIE! i see its a guy though :) i actually have the plates [bONDEE] on my S14. and the plan is [bONDEEBUS] for the Aurion :) :) luuuvvv it!

REASON FOR BUYING:

Congrats on the buy. What model and colour did you get? You must've got a bargain since you work at a Toyota dealership :D

Enjoy it, it's a really nice car!

REASON FOR BUYING:

Congrats on the buy. What model and colour did you get? You must've got a bargain since you work at a Toyota dealership :D

Enjoy it, it's a really nice car!

its an 06, AT-X in caribian blue and i got it for ....

20k! in Perth thats Cheep Cheep... :) yeah gotta love the perks of working here :)

**** ooo its 9pm! time to knock off and take him home :) yayayayayay! ****

Edited by BONDEE

Mmm female driving an Aurion. Turns me on....

Sex: Often (haha couldn't resist. Male)

Reasons for buying:

Previous car's lease was up and I wanted to get a personal vehicle that wasn't owned by my employer. I scouted around quite a bit, first it was the Subaru Liberty, then when the Falcon G6E Turbo started surfacing I was interested, then I chanced upon the TRD Aurion. At first, I wasn't too impressed by the performance and stats of Toyota's first performance vehicle in a long time. Then when I began to see the car as a whole did it make sense to me. It's a very good looking car, with fantastic fuel economy (I average 10.9L/100km), reliable and it has enough road presence to make people stare. I mean, people literally gawk at the car when I drive past, and people come up to me now and then out of the blue to ask me about it. If it was RWD/AWD and less issues with traction this car would be an instant hit. But even as it is, it's still friggin fast as long as you learn how to drive it and bring it around the corners. When I saw one at the auctions, I immediately jumped for it and got it at a good price which allowed me spare cash to do my aftermarket upgrades. Every time I have doubts, I bring the car out for a spin and the glorious whirr of the supercharger is enough to bring a smile back on my face.

I am very pleased with this vehicle and this car is for you if you want great looking family car that goes like a rocket, while maintaining a sensible fuel consumption rate.

Haha you might make a lot of money from it, but i believe karma will catch up to you eventually

:lol: i'm just kidding... i just work hard and earn a lot of money for my age...

and what are some numbers of that shockingly good price? lol

i got the 3500SL with sat nav, sunroof, extended warranty and free insurance for a year for a drive away price of.............$62,000

this price was when the RRP of all those put together was $72,500...

good thing that your employers recognise your efforts with money... my current employers takes me for granted... lol

ask annup for details... :lol: :lol: :lol:

REASON FOR BUYING:

You are probably the first female Aurion owner on this forum that I have heard from (edit: well I have heard from jess_w, but her's was a rental right). Hehehe, on the main page, I took a quick glance and thought BONDIE made another post. It's glad to hear you like your new purchase.

hehehe yeah i noticed BONDIE! i see its a guy though :) i actually have the plates [bONDEE] on my S14. and the plan is [bONDEEBUS] for the Aurion :) :) luuuvvv it!

Whats crackin Bondee,.........sweet name lol

Yeah i looked up some Qld personalised plates and "80NDIE" was available one minute, then went to buy it in a couple of days later and they were gone. I was spewin. Used to work with my mate his nick-name was bondie, and his brother had the same first and last name as me. We all use to go out on the turps all the time, and it was like " hey this is my mate bondie and bondie - intoducing each other to friends was a cack up, no one would believe us, we mostly just got passed us off as drunkin louts.

Good work on purchasing you aurion.

Can we safely say that the majority of Aurion owners on here are in the 20-25 age range?

Obviously there would be more older but they dont browse forums.

Hmm...wonder if there is enough for a Aurion specific club/forum in the near future if the popularity keeps growing?

REASON FOR BUYING: Was time for an upgrade, walked into a toyota dealer one day for some parts, got talking to a sales rep about the TRD Aurion. He said they had one out the back that was sold but he would show it to me, went and had a drool, but at over $60k it was a bit exspensive for me.

Any way couldnt get the car out of my head so I called my little bro who was a sales rep for City toyota in perth some time back, and asked him to scout around for one for me. 2 days later he calls and says he,s found a TRD SL going cheap, so took the missus for a drive and stole it from them :) 45000 with sat-nav and sun roof.

Absolutely one of the best cars I have ever owned, apart from my HQ Monaro :)

Yoda

REASON FOR BUYING:Test drove alot of cars came across the Aurion and said yes i will pay cash for that car now, Haven't looked back since.. Sat-nav, leather seats, power of the V6, The colours of the Aurions and so much more. My family are so jealous of me they want get in for a test drive.. All i can say is that GO THE AURIONS....

Hmm... This much of Aurion Owners...

Is there any1 here in Sydney especially in the Eastern Suburbs who mods their "Black" Aurions with Black rims / exhaust?

And with the Statistics age from around mid 20s, never actually see some1 around that age driving an Aurion besides u guys in the forum..

Hmm.. <_<

Yes...the ages seem skewed to youth when the car seems to get a "Toyota boring" tag, unwarranted, much of the time.

Maybe they're all 45 year olds that feel early 20's when they're driving their Aurion? <_<

:D

TRD SL going cheap, so took the missus for a drive and stole it from them :) 45000 with sat-nav and sun roof.

Absolutely one of the best cars I have ever owned, apart from my HQ Monaro :)

bargain...u have a great choice of cars