Statistics of Aurion drivers

apg39

SEX: Male

REASONS FOR BUYING: I owned a Corolla Levin ZR for the past year and it performed exactly how I expected it to when I purchased that in August 2007. However as the year past grew on, so did my needs in a car. I took the Corolla in for its 30,000km service last Friday, walked out with sales forms for a Aurion Sportivo ZR6.... Scary huh? :) Yep, I traded the codenamed 'Devil ZR' in for the new 'Devil ZR Mk2' :D and when I pick it up Friday afternoon, I'm going to be a very happy man. I know it!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

REASONS FOR BUYING: Originally set out to buy an XR6 Turbo, couldn't find the right one. Was looking at the auctions for an ex-chaser and spotted the TRD. Liked the look, took a similar model for a test drive and was convinced.

PROS:

• Not too many on the roads
    Turns heads
    Fuel economy
    Luxury

CONS:

• FWD - However am learning to live with it
    High seat - Not much head room
    Every clown in their performance car wants to line me up at the lights

Edited by TRD 110

REASONS FOR BUYING: Sick of things breaking and the non daily drivability of the LegacyGT. Got a bun in the oven so needed something safe, reliable, powerful, easy to clean (leather), with as many gadget as possible and not pay a fortune for it. Oh yeah and FUEL ECONOMY.

The game has changed...

OMG I hate revealing this :D

Age 57, Sales Exec, Company pay's a vehicle allowance which enables me to have any car I want. I've had Holdens before; this is the first Toyota. I like to make the car allowance equal the value of the car so up to about $45k is about right with insurance, tyres and service included. My fuel is paid for and I roll cars over every 3 years.

----------------

REASONS FOR BUYING: was getting my licence back from a 6 month suspension and got a promotion at work so was earning good money and in those 6 months i had saved up fair biit so was looking around at a few different cars and none seemed to have the value for money as the aurion did. so went to a friend of mine who worked for toyota and we took one for a test drive and i loved it. so put a deposit down. picked it up the day i get my licence back

Love the car, only problem is i'm a bit of a lead foot and get caught speeding and am currently on another 6 month suspension, 3 months left can't wait to get back in the car again.

REASONS FOR BUYING: was getting my licence back from a 6 month suspension and got a promotion at work so was earning good money and in those 6 months i had saved up fair biit so was looking around at a few different cars and none seemed to have the value for money as the aurion did. so went to a friend of mine who worked for toyota and we took one for a test drive and i loved it. so put a deposit down. picked it up the day i get my licence back

Love the car, only problem is i'm a bit of a lead foot and get caught speeding and am currently on another 6 month suspension, 3 months left can't wait to get back in the car again.

u should learn from indian taxi driver, get a second license.. <_<

CONS:
  • High seat - Not much head room

How tall are you? I'm six-three and with the seat completely lowered, I have plenty of leg/head room. I can't comfortably 'Fat Arm' it as the seat is too low.

I'm 6'6 and depending on how I have the seat can feel my head brush the roof. I prefer to drive relatively upright also as opposed to some drivers I see who appear to think the best ergonomical driving position is similar to how they sit in a recliner!

• 5 weeks later...

Sex: When my wife lets me... The application form filled out in triplicate and booking an appointment is the pits! Kills the mood.

Reason for buying: Sick of walking. Used to own a turbo diesel Holden Rodeo. The price of petrol and diesel went up, so it was super cheap to drive. The cost of petrol came down but diesel didnt. The Rodeo had this horrible whine in it just before i sold it. Turns out the whine was the wife complaining about the ride comfort and not being able to speak over the noise it made. It was getting long in the tooth, so i looked around. Went to Dodge and looked at a few cars. Meh! made in Mexico with USA badges on them. Cheap, nasty, poorly built but very agressive looking. Went to Ford who were handing out free Territories with every sausage sandwich you bought on their open day saturday weekend of sales. Still noone wanted one of them. at 57lt/100km, im not surprised. Went to Holden and looked at bogan transport. I wasnt allowed to buy one, as it was a prerequisite that you must own at least 20 flanno shirts, and my lack of moccos on the day made them hesitate. Went to Honda... laughed at the prices and said that they were all wrong. It was a Honda dealer, not a BMW dealership. They look perplexed. Seems taking any car and sticking a Honda badge on it gives them the right to tack an extra 0 on the end of any price tag. Off to Mitsubishi... WHAT!!! the Lancer is the same price as a 380 ??? I will be back to look at a 380 (which i admit i love that car. parents own one... great car!) Mazda... what ? you guys dont make a car bigger then a tissue box ? and what ? it has Honda price tags on it ? To be fair i thought i better at least go and have a look at Toyota. Man... a Camry! honestly... im getting to be middle aged, not retired. Blah blah.. yeah yeah, how much... oh really. no dont like it, only looking because i have to be fair to the market... what... the Aurion ? nah, cant afford it, to expensive... oh really ? how much did you say ? did you accidentally leave a 0 off ? no... saturday you say ? big sale day you say ? i will be back.

Went back in on the saturday. got them to price in my trade in. Meh, as i expected in this market. gave me a change over price on the Aurion Presara. Said it looked like a grandpa car. he said tough, only the Presara and AT-X were on sale. I said poop. really wanted the SX-6. he did the figures. i said no good. thanked him for his time. i thought all cars were on sale... she said write your own figure on the paper work, so i did. i knocked $8000 and said to him "dont haggle with me, a: im not in the mood, and b: i used to do new/used car sales so i dont want to do that whole 'if you come up to this, ill come down to this' rubbish. at this price i will buy today" he went away... came back and said... "wow $8000 off" to which i said.. "Thanks for your time, but im outa here. i said no haggling.." he said "no, im saying $8000 off, because the boss just said yes, you just bought a car!"

Now im a happy as a pig in poop! awesome car. great on fuel. more power then i will ever need and that whine has gone.. :)

Sex: When my wife lets me... The application form filled out in triplicate and booking an appointment is the pits! Kills the mood.

Reason for buying: Sick of walking. Used to own a turbo diesel Holden Rodeo. The price of petrol and diesel went up, so it was super cheap to drive. The cost of petrol came down but diesel didnt. The Rodeo had this horrible whine in it just before i sold it. Turns out the whine was the wife complaining about the ride comfort and not being able to speak over the noise it made. It was getting long in the tooth, so i looked around. Went to Dodge and looked at a few cars. Meh! made in Mexico with USA badges on them. Cheap, nasty, poorly built but very agressive looking. Went to Ford who were handing out free Territories with every sausage sandwich you bought on their open day saturday weekend of sales. Still noone wanted one of them. at 57lt/100km, im not surprised. Went to Holden and looked at bogan transport. I wasnt allowed to buy one, as it was a prerequisite that you must own at least 20 flanno shirts, and my lack of moccos on the day made them hesitate. Went to Honda... laughed at the prices and said that they were all wrong. It was a Honda dealer, not a BMW dealership. They look perplexed. Seems taking any car and sticking a Honda badge on it gives them the right to tack an extra 0 on the end of any price tag. Off to Mitsubishi... WHAT!!! the Lancer is the same price as a 380 ??? I will be back to look at a 380 (which i admit i love that car. parents own one... great car!) Mazda... what ? you guys dont make a car bigger then a tissue box ? and what ? it has Honda price tags on it ? To be fair i thought i better at least go and have a look at Toyota. Man... a Camry! honestly... im getting to be middle aged, not retired. Blah blah.. yeah yeah, how much... oh really. no dont like it, only looking because i have to be fair to the market... what... the Aurion ? nah, cant afford it, to expensive... oh really ? how much did you say ? did you accidentally leave a 0 off ? no... saturday you say ? big sale day you say ? i will be back.

Went back in on the saturday. got them to price in my trade in. Meh, as i expected in this market. gave me a change over price on the Aurion Presara. Said it looked like a grandpa car. he said tough, only the Presara and AT-X were on sale. I said poop. really wanted the SX-6. he did the figures. i said no good. thanked him for his time. i thought all cars were on sale... she said write your own figure on the paper work, so i did. i knocked $8000 and said to him "dont haggle with me, a: im not in the mood, and b: i used to do new/used car sales so i dont want to do that whole 'if you come up to this, ill come down to this' rubbish. at this price i will buy today" he went away... came back and said... "wow $8000 off" to which i said.. "Thanks for your time, but im outa here. i said no haggling.." he said "no, im saying $8000 off, because the boss just said yes, you just bought a car!"

Now im a happy as a pig in poop! awesome car. great on fuel. more power then i will ever need and that whine has gone.. :)

Whoa....$8k off?? Serious??

You are a real negotiater...thumbs up..

Would you mind if I ask you to come with me when I go to dealer for my next car later?? :spiteful:

Just jking. :yahoo:

Whoa....$8k off?? Serious??

You are a real negotiater...thumbs up..

Would you mind if I ask you to come with me when I go to dealer for my next car later?? :spiteful:

Just jking. :yahoo:

Times are tough. car makers are just about letting you diddle their daughter if it means getting you into a new car. On the road, retail, everything included i wanted, it was $41,895. i said no good... make it $36,000 on road, drive away, everything included and ill pick it up next week...

The slogan at my nearest Toyota dealership is.. "Peter Davey... Pete cant say no!!..."

-$8,000 Pete and see how you like it... Oh... you're ok with that? and i got another $175 off any factory fitted rubbish i wanted in the day after a go in their cash booth with all the money flying around.

So as i see it... Pete Davey cant say no...

Still spewing i didnt ask about his daughter :)

• 1 month later...

Sex: Male

Car: Presara (Black Exterior, Black Interior)

Reason for buying: Initially I was set on buying a new Calais. However, I did the right thing and test drove the competition (Ford, Mitsubishi, Toyota...). The Presara was best value for money and had the best options. After 10 years with Holden, I left them mostly on the basis of their new cars being built poorly. The interior quality of the new commodores is inferior to that in my previous VSII Calais.

Never looked back, the Presara's a great car. Bought it for $46.5 drive away with fitted tow bar. Took a lot of negotiating at the time, the drive away price without discounts was about $53k. 18,000 kms on, still very happy with it (it's a keeper!).

The only gripe I have with the Presara is... Would it have killed them to add an IPOD adapter (or at least an AUX input) for the Audio system? Grrr.....

Reason for buying: Initially I was set on buying a new Calais. However, I did the right thing and test drove the competition (Ford, Mitsubishi, Toyota...). The Presara was best value for money and had the best options. After 10 years with Holden, I left them mostly on the basis of their new cars being built poorly. The interior quality of the new commodores is inferior to that in my previous VSII Calais.

Never looked back, the Presara's a great car. Bought it for $46.5 drive away with fitted tow bar. Took a lot of negotiating at the time, the drive away price without discounts was about $53k. 18,000 kms on, still very happy with it (it's a keeper!).

The only gripe I have with the Presara is... Would it have killed them to add an IPOD adapter (or at least an AUX input) for the Audio system? Grrr.....

have a look at the ipod radio thingo adaptor

Edited by Freddo

Are you referring to an IPOD FM Modulator so that I can "tune" one of the FM radio channels into my IPOD? If yes, I already have 2 or 3. Work ok, a bit of static, but they do drain the batteries (IPOD or their own) and I'm not completely satisfied with the sound clarity. Also found that if I'm on a long drive, I have to change channels as I come across some interference due to overlap.

In some relatively late model cars that I've rented over the past few years on holidays, I've had a simple audio input 3.5mm jack which was marvelous for audio quality. A proper IPOD interface would also charge the IPOD, allow you to navigate/control the IPOD via your car's audio controls (handy if you have steering wheel controls). Even better would be the ability to get all the IPOD data on your car's audio screen! Would make navigating so much easier...

Hey, my names Carly my details are below

SEX: Female

REASONS FOR BUYING: Well i was always a Nissan fan and have previously owned a SSS Pulsar and a R33 Skyline and was recently looking at a S15 or a R34 another option was a Ford BF MKII XR6T. I work for a Toyota dealership and had a Aurion AT-X has a drive car for a couple of weeks. I feel in love with the performance, handeling, and potential to mod. It was also the sensible option with cheap parts, servicing, insurance in comparison to the turbos i was looking at (I paid $3700 for the R33 p/a). I look forward to finally owning a reliable car, that still maintains style and performance with a unbeatable reputation.

Hey, my names Carly my details are below

REASONS FOR BUYING: Well i was always a Nissan fan and have previously owned a SSS Pulsar and a R33 Skyline and was recently looking at a S15 or a R34 another option was a Ford BF MKII XR6T. I work for a Toyota dealership and had a Aurion AT-X has a drive car for a couple of weeks. I feel in love with the performance, handeling, and potential to mod. It was also the sensible option with cheap parts, servicing, insurance in comparison to the turbos i was looking at (I paid $3700 for the R33 p/a). I look forward to finally owning a reliable car, that still maintains style and performance with a unbeatable reputation.

More Female Aurion Drivers... :toast:

Good Decision made.. Welcome! :lol:

Are you referring to an IPOD FM Modulator so that I can "tune" one of the FM radio channels into my IPOD? If yes, I already have 2 or 3. Work ok, a bit of static, but they do drain the batteries (IPOD or their own) and I'm not completely satisfied with the sound clarity. Also found that if I'm on a long drive, I have to change channels as I come across some interference due to overlap.

In some relatively late model cars that I've rented over the past few years on holidays, I've had a simple audio input 3.5mm jack which was marvelous for audio quality. A proper IPOD interface would also charge the IPOD, allow you to navigate/control the IPOD via your car's audio controls (handy if you have steering wheel controls). Even better would be the ability to get all the IPOD data on your car's audio screen! Would make navigating so much easier...

Sorry this is off topic

I have one of these in my Aurion and also my wifes Camry from this company Vaistech Ipod adaptor which I purchased from here MP3 Your Car Aurion adaptor Aurion with SatNav adaptor. They work quite well, just operate with playlists though, which you can have up to 99 with 99 songs in each. Oh and they just plug into the spare CD changer socket on the head unit with no other wiring needed.

Edited by SupaTouring

• 2 weeks later...

REASONS FOR BUYING: I didn't buy it.. I got it for my pre-18th :) I had posters in pictures of it so parents got it for me (yes spoilt) and... well.. i would've appreciated it in white/black more but i love the gold!!! ... heard the colour no longer exists in the new aurions?

REASONS FOR BUYING: I didn't buy it.. I got it for my pre-18th :) I had posters in pictures of it so parents got it for me (yes spoilt) and... well.. i would've appreciated it in white/black more but i love the gold!!! ... heard the colour no longer exists in the new aurions?

Gratz...Yea, Toyota has ceased its production for a certain colour which i think is gold..

And for the 2009, TRD gonna be ceased as well..

Anw, once again Gratz and welcome to ToCaU..

• 6 months later...

REASONS FOR BUYING:The BF Mk2 XR6 Turbo Turbine Edition was a bucket of bolts? and I work for Toyota so after the prices for TRD's shot through the Roof when the brand was discontinued the ZR6 was a natural choice from the Toyota Line up, Power, economy, tech && you Gotta like that QDR biggrin.gif

Edited by Adamsy