Statistics of Aurion drivers

apg39

SEX: Male

REASONS FOR BUYING: Sick of my 3L Patrol guzzling the diesel and costing a fortune for servicing, decided to look for a BF XR6 around $20,000. They were all unloved, and the interiors were falling apart! We stopped at the Toyota dealer on the way home and the girlfriend liked the look of an Aurion. Looked up the specs, and sure enough it was a decent car :D So back down to the dealer to sign the papers in the dark of night! We were most happy about them taking the Patrol off our hands...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sex Male

Reason for buying: I needed a car to use on my car allowance as a sales rep. Rather than going for the tradiotnal white commodore my boss said "whats an aurion?" Two days later i picked up my ATX i couldnt justify the extra for the sportivo's realistically superficial differences. (i know the suspensions different and the dash and body kti etc) I liked the dash in the aTX better less cluttered and easy to read. So i got a "end of month" special and scored spoiler, mags, window tint, satnav, trip computer floor mats all the little tack on's that usually cost extra and i picked it up for 32990 brand new. STOKED. Long story short there are now 2 other rep's with aurions having traded the "recalladore omega's"

The only issue i have with the car was apparent wheel alignment issue strait off the dealer lot it pulls to the left a little.

Changes since new in March: Pedders Springs and new tyres (SEE Aurion Tyre Noise Topic)

Changes to come: Fitting Lukey Race Mufflers and tips in next month or so.

REASONS FOR BUYING: parents had restrictions if i wanted them to buy me my first car, no imports, no turbo - s/c- v8, had to be auto (even tho i got manual license zz) and had to be 4 door - so whats the best option?? AURION!!!

Nice choice APB its nice to see a P Plater out there with a brain you went for the smart choice most would have gone for the typical falcon or bombadore. As i've seen quoted those particular cars are 4 wheeled bullets designed to kill p platers

As i've seen quoted those particular cars are 4 wheeled bullets designed to kill p platers

thats just silly to blame manufacturers. no car is designed to kill anyone. performance cars are designed with mature minded drivers in regard. the problems with high powered cars is the legal loop-holes and dodgy sales people that allow inexperienced drivers to buy these cars without question, and even worse, the parents that allow it.

gday all

Age 36

Status married with 2 kids

Reasons for buying needed a new family car with good fuel economy and power,looked at the falcons and wasnt too impressed with their servicing charges as toyota has a fixed rate,the missus uses the car everyday for work that needed to be comfortable and economical as she does around 100km's a day.before we bought we looked at the opposition and all up the aurion was a much better proposition with resale values etc.

Also wanted blue but toyota has ceased production of that colour for now too,ended up with tungsten which we both like more anyways

Cheers corey

Edited by corhijas

Sex: Male

Reason for buying: Wanted a larger car than my Corolla, Aurion got good reviews, nice safety features. Having owned a toyota before, was impressed by their reliability... :P

Would of liked a darker colour (have a white at-x) since im a self admitted OCB with car cleaning/detailing, but im impressed with the white after hitting it with my meguiars G220! :)

current upgrades: Phillips HID 6000k kit, LED bulb swap interior/boot/number plate, Clarion 386MAX DVD touchscreen headunit, Sportivo grill swap from Standard ATX grill, colour coded mud flaps...

upgrades to come: Alpine R-Type 6.5 component splits in the front doors, Alpine r type 6x9 in rear shelf, Alpine V Max 4channel amp, Dynamat all doors, and double dynamat on rear shelf, Fog Lights, Eyelids

wish list: Alloy wheels, ultra racing strut brace, undecided about lowering at this moment.

:P

Reason for buying: I basically got over sports cars after owning silvias, skylines, preludes, civic etc. So i wanted something more grown up but that still had some go and looked nice . Also the very first car i owned was a 96 celica and was the only car i didnt have a single problem with so thought why not go toyota again. I was deciding between the aurion sportivo and camry sportivo, although the camry looks better in my oppinion i chose the aurion for the simple fact the camry was just too slow

AGE - 32

SEX - Male

STATUS - Married

REASONS FOR BUYING - WRX engine died I worked for Toyota At the time and I would not want any over car its get gose well great on fuel

- i travel about 1000kms per week for work and the car has not missed a beat the only thing is the bad brake shudder I have fixed it buy putting

Aftermarket slotted discs on it front and rear.

• 1 month later...

Might as well add myself to the list.

SEX: Not in a while ;) (oh... i mean... male...)

REASONS FOR BUYING: Basically had everything I was looking for in my next car. Large sedan, plenty of go and power to tow, good balance of fuel economy and power, bodykit, leather, and they are just a downright hot looking car!

REASON FOR BUYING: Owned a V6 camry sportivo and traded it in for a New Hilux. Worst thing I ever did. Hilux was a great car, don't get me wrong but for what you pay, you don't get an aweful lot. Camry was a great family car which is now what i need with a daughter on the way. So i traded the hilux back in for the Aurion TRD 3500sl. Was originally looking at the ZR6 but the TRD was in budget for a good 2nd hand one. Well not many 2nd hand ones were for sale and I saw the last brand new one in Perth and I just had to have it. Stretched the budget a little but hey, you only live once, why not. Have been into performance cars all my life....modified 200SX and a WRX WAGON that i bought 2nd hand and spent over 30000 on it but things just kept braking all the time, and fuel, well it drank it heavily........

Now with the TRD, i have the best of both worlds, performance and a family car big enough for me, my wife and my soon to be new daughter. We also have a top of the range, Yaris YRX. A great runabout and cheap too......

SEX: MALE

REASON: Plain and simple really, loved Toyota ever since i bought my 2005 Corolla Sportivo before i was married, then i got a company car and my mrs at the time was driving a Toyota Echo 2003, great car. So we had 3 cars and really only driving the one ( company car which was a Ford Falcon 2004 - PCS OF SH*T) and my mrs couldnt drive manual...... So we walked into Mosmon Toyota and asked about the Aurion. The week later i was driving it home.

Love the look, the interior and the power and most of all the reliability of Toyota as a brand. Would never purchase a Holden or Ford.

I think i was the first Aurion sale for that dealer, purchased early December 2006.

post-9891-1254281068_thumb.jpg

REASON: Having owned a dying late 90s commodore, I promised myself I'd spoil myself with a semi-new car after I graduated. I did some driver training courses at Mt Cotton, and got to sample the newest Commodores, Falcons and the Aurion (which I had never even heard of before). The commodores and falcons were sluggish, poorly built, handled badly and overall didn't make the grade. The Aurion blew me away, on the track it was fantastic, plus when we took em out around town it was a good cruiser as well.

So when I went car hunting, I was only considering getting an Aurion, but I like my creature comforts. There were a few nice Presara's around, but I fell in love with a Gold 07' ZR6 with the Sat Nav/moon roof option for the right price (some haggling). Aside from an ongoing annoyance with Toyota's service (of lack of) department, I havent had any real dramas with it.

Edited by Steven

SEX: MALE

STATUS: Depends what you are refering to (Waiting for an Aurion wagon but married with 2 kids)

REASON: recommended by my dad to get a toyota, my wife wants a toyota and I want something family'ish and responsive.

Just got my Aurion this week! So im a newb on this forum

Sex: M

Reason:

I think its a all round good looking car, very professional looking - which I wanted as I am an IT / Accounting consultant. Needed (or wanted) something powerful for interstate travel. That and I am just kinda sick of commodores and fords, so common.

Thought I should add to this :)

Reason: I started a new job, I wanted a new car, I was driving base model Aurion's at work and fell in love with them. Picked my self up a sportivo a few weeks back, and I am extremely happy with it. I got over the whole manual scene, and thought it was time for a comfy auto with some poke. So far so good!

• 2 weeks later...

AGE - 26

SEX - Male

STATUS - Happily Taken

REASONS FOR BUYING -

Upgraded from XR6 Turbo BF to TRD Aurion. Wasn't an upgrade in power. I really miss the XR6 because of the fun i had at lights. Never had a wheel spin when i used to push it hard at the lights. Being a rare wheel drive had its advantage.

Anyways, whenever i get a car i start looking for a better one to upgrade to. So when i bought the TURBO i stated lookin around for cars. FPV would have been another ford and Ford always feel like trucks when u drive them. Good power though. So choose TRD Aurion bcz of its killing looks and then i had the test drive. Wasn't satisfied by the acceleration but the drive was awesome. Traded in my TURBO the next day after the test drive.

M very satisfied with my baby now. No matter how much i look for an upgrade, i will always find the other car less apealing than TRD. That's the beauty. They say, "WHEN U GO BLACK, YOU NEVER GO BACK" But i would say, "WHEN U GO TRD, YOU NEVER GO BACK"........ ha ha ha......

PS: Kept the turbo for 6 months.

age; 41

sex; male

status; seperated 9 years ( but who's counting ) 2 kids

my collegues say im going through a mid life crisis modifying a perfectly good car to be a sports car ( well it is a taxi for goodness sake) but it is my office and i want a comfortable and good looking office, the sx6 did it for me. i previously had the camry v6 4 years 320k with no major problems at all, if the aurion is as reliable as the old one i will be very happy indeed.

Edited by scootastaxisx6

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all!

REASON FOR BUYING: My old BT-50 was costing me too much money through novated lease, so i decided to get out of that and wanted something a bit economical, and with some power. i opted for the 380 but apparantly it has the WORST safety rating out of the 6's on the market (coming from my dad, an ex Mitsubishi, Service Manager) so he suggested the Aurion, and i didn't know it was a V6, thought it was a 4 banger, so i test drove one, and liked what i drove. didn't want a ford or holden, dad recommended this car, cause he's also been a Toyota Service Manager!

Hey, hey thought i did one of these a while back but clearly im mistaken (dont you hate that when it happens)

anyways......

RELATIONSHIP: Taken

REASON: moved out of home for work so the girlfriend, mum n dad all live around the same area, so obviously i needed something better than the 2001 Magna i was driving around in to take me on the 1.5hour drive i do 2-3 times a week to see them. the magna just wasn't cutting it anymore, costing me the hard earns petrol wise, not very comfortable, no cruise control and wasn't very safe (especially when we are talking about black ice, heavy fog, heavy rain and sometimes snow, through possibly 3 months of the year). i just didnt want to risk it more so on the safety side of things. so i remember seeing the aurion at the motor show when it first came out and loved it, searching the net for a good buy, reading this forum (homework, we should all do this) bought me to heavily consider this car. i was locked in a battle between the SS Commodore and the Sportivo (commodore because i was getting 15,000 off RRP), but decided against it because of the thick Pillars, tiny side and center mirror although it was pretty comfy. so i found a good deal online 38,000kms for 28000 plus dealer etc. (i knew i could screw them down a little), walked into the showroom asked a salesman, went and looked at the car (wasnt kept very clean and was smoked in due to the bodyshp manager driving it), told him to clean up n come bak the next day. rocked up had been fully detailed, steam cleaned the lot. took it for a test drive noticed it had 44,000kms on it, went bak inside told the dealer about the discrepency, but when it came to put down the pen on paper i told him 22500 he said meet me at 23000 so i signed on the line.

moral of the story, i now have a very safe and reliable vehicle with a great relationship with the dealer and service department manager for a fantastic price IMO. what more could you ask for, i would have been happy with just the car :P

take care people

Thim

Reason: Havent bought one yet, but im over my R33 Turbo (have owned 2) and im after something economical, feature packed and modern but still performs well and looks good. Currently also tossing up between the SV6 and a new XR6 or G6 with the $36490 drive away price at the moment. Have been looking at the SS XR6T EVO WRX bunch but i really dont need another car like that. Advantage servicing sweetens the deal but what i dont like is Toyota Roadside assist is an extra cost option whereas its standard on Commodore and Falcon (ok maybe a Toyota doesnt need it but still it would be reassuring to have it there)

Being a maintenance controller for a fleet company all i see the aurions going into service departments for are normal scheduled maintenance and some of them have over 120k on the clock!

Edited by DMU31S

Sex: Meat & 2 veg

Why?: Had an '03 Camry Sportivo V6 and loved to drive it. I was looking to upgrade it when I hit 100K in '07 and looked at the new Camrys but the 4 cyl was pustulent!

Saw the Aurion and loved the shape and the POWER!!! Work got me side tracked from buying a new car until last month when I drove to Brisbane with the object of finding one and did.

The drive back was awesome and justifies the trip, I am so glad that I bought it (No speeding tickets :D ).

I would like to buy another one that is out of warranty to put all the toys on...strut brace; rear sway bar; coilovers; 19" rims. Will have to wait I suppose :(

Most of the cop cars up here are Aurion Sportivos so I might end up buying a cheap white one from a police auction and doing it up just to flaunt it in front of them! :P

REASONS FOR BUYING: I owned a Corolla Levin ZR for the past year and it performed exactly how I expected it to when I purchased that in August 2007. However as the year past grew on, so did my needs in a car. I took the Corolla in for its 30,000km service last Friday, walked out with sales forms for a Aurion Sportivo ZR6.... Scary huh? :) Yep, I traded the codenamed 'Devil ZR' in for the new 'Devil ZR Mk2' :D and when I pick it up Friday afternoon, I'm going to be a very happy man. I know it!

Looks like I'm following a similar path to you Tofuboi!

Reasons for buying: Well I'm not buying it, it's a subsidised lease entitlement through work. Having owned a 2008 Corolla Levin ZR since April 2008, I wanted a step up. The Corolla has done about 37,000k and has been a very reliable car, loaded with great features but I'm tired of manual and the lack of power. So I'll be getting my facelifted ZR6 scheduled to be produced in early december :D Can't wait. I've taken my boss' TRD Aurion for a few weekends and it was really a great drive.

Edited by One-pager

• 2 weeks later...

REASONS FOR BUYING: Was sick of driving a beat up, poorly serviced 98 Corolla. Needed something more attractive and aggressive. I saw the Aurion about a year ago and loved it. I got a full time job (love it) and here we are. I've had it for around 3 weeks and put around 3,000kms on it. Can't get enough of this car. Toyota did quite a good deal on the car. It was a $25,000 changeover with a paint touch up and wheel alignment getting rid of the old car which needed $1500 worth of work to make it roadworthy. Best decision I've ever made.