No more TRD in Australia!!!

momosan8

It frustrates me that they could so easily give the HSV's and FPV's a real run for there money, but they choose not to

if the TRD was a RWD, manual and ran 12 lb boost instead of 7 there sales would have been out of control and be in the league of the other performance vehicals

and they wonder why they dont sell well...

Hmmm For Sale:

12/2006 wildfire ZR6 full service history

dash rattle fixed

18" Roh wheels (4 of nice and shiny)

TRD floormats (had to)

Bolle Wintow tint

custom front grill (thanks Bondie)

auspack satnav system installed with working reverse camera (thanks everyone)

37500 kilometres on country roads.

whats it worth, i might make the jump to TRD.....

when will they learn that the trd's weren't designed to rival hsv and fpv!!!

And therein lies the problem. I have said it before and I will say it again . . . Australians love a high powered rear driver. Personally I believe that the TRD Aurion is a great car, but 240kw through the front wheels was never going to hurt Holden or Ford, and Toyota know it!

Hmmm For Sale:

12/2006 wildfire ZR6 full service history

dash rattle fixed

18" Roh wheels (4 of nice and shiny)

TRD floormats (had to)

Bolle Wintow tint

custom front grill (thanks Bondie)

auspack satnav system installed with working reverse camera (thanks everyone)

37500 kilometres on country roads.

whats it worth, i might make the jump to TRD.....

Wow Lol.. How much u gonna sell it for? and the TRD price u gonna get ?

Edited by VF-X

Toyota have a high performance RWD vehicle available in Aus, it's just pretty expensive with a lexus badge.

Correct, but there isn't one of those running around Bathurst with the V8 Supertaxis. It may be a very old cliche, but "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" is alive and well in this country. I have owned Commonwhores, and prefer my Stroller, but I am not the majority (unfortunately for TRD).

Had a pretty close call last night in an undisclosed location. The road was wet and was "showing off" the car to a new friend who was genuinely interested in the abilities of a TRD.

Let's just say that 241kW + FWD + wet road = near death experience. And what was scary enough was that the VSC system did diddly-squat to help. It just screamed at me, as if to say "mate, I can't help. You're screwed. See you!"

I cannot believe that all I damaged was a bit of my wheel rim and sliced a bit off the side of my tyre. It felt a LOT scarier than that.

Suffice to say, if you're in a TRD and the road is wet, drive like a granny. Trust me...

Suffice to say, if you're in a TRD and the road is wet, drive like a granny. Trust me...

Actually, if your on the road in the wet on any sort of vehicle, you should be taking it easy. Though, I've found that the Aurion does seem a bit light on the road and tends to grip that little bit worse than other cars in the wet.

i seriously reckon 200kw is too much for a FWD...

160kw is about tight...

as you recall a Mazda 3 MPS also have alot of toque steer issue with its overly beefy power channelling to the front wheel only...

160kw is about tight...

as you recall a Mazda 3 MPS also have alot of toque steer issue with its overly beefy power channelling to the front wheel only...

Tell that to Ford Europe... haven't read any reviews yet, but the new Focus RS is pumping out 300bhp at the front. Which equals roughly 224 kw.

Mind you, it weighs almost half of the aurion :lol:

160kw is about tight...

Tell that to Ford Europe... haven't read any reviews yet, but the new Focus RS is pumping out 300bhp at the front. Which equals roughly 224 kw.

Mind you, it weighs almost half of the aurion :lol:

I really hope they've put seriously good tyres + LSD in that car otherwise it's just going to wheelspin like crazy and the torque steer will be unbelievable.

Actually, if your on the road in the wet on any sort of vehicle, you should be taking it easy. Though, I've found that the Aurion does seem a bit light on the road and tends to grip that little bit worse than other cars in the wet.

I've driven other cars in the wet before, and the TRD is definetely one dangerous monster in the wet...granted, I was being silly! :whistling: I basically understeered my way up a kerb. The night could have ended up a lot worse!! I was going to change my tyres anyway so no big deal. Drove to Gold Coast today and back, no problems.

I really hope they've put seriously good tyres + LSD in that car otherwise it's just going to wheelspin like crazy and the torque steer will be unbelievable.

Apparently it comes with some trick suspension called 'revo-knuckle'.

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

i knew the aurion would not be able to cope with the competitipon of Holden and Ford from the start. there are many things that can adress this eg)

1. it is smaller than Commodores and Falcons

2. it is front wheel drive

3. doesnt look as good a the new Commodores and Falcons

4. it might have more power than Commodores and Falcons but it is not as fun

5. it is not as comfortable with 5 people in the car

6. and finally its price - my ZR6 when i bought it 1 year and a half ago was $47,000 witrh sat nav and sunroof

i guess the only thing you get from an aurion is for the price you do get more luxuries than Commodores and Falcons.

that is my opinion anyway.

i knew the aurion would not be able to cope with the competitipon of Holden and Ford from the start. there are many things that can adress this eg)

6. and finally its price - my ZR6 when i bought it 1 year and a half ago was $47,000 witrh sat nav and sunroof

i guess the only thing you get from an aurion is for the price you do get more luxuries than Commodores and Falcons.

Haha...I disagree with several points above.. But again, just IMO

3. I'll leave the judgement of which is better to personal preference... But to me, I'd still prefer Aurion with the looks.

4. It's pretty much fun for me except for the rattles and the 'to the left' steer wheel.

5. It's comfy and lots of space. I'll get a bus for more space... :lol:

6. I agree it's a bit over-priced but that's the whole point. It's to create image of 'TRD' and distinguish them off the Non-TRD Aurion.

For the price, Since there are other options besides the TRD, people lean forward more to the Non-TRD as the price gap is quite huge, while the difference is not that many. Supercharger, Wheels & Brakes, Body Kits. Basically, that's about it. Well.. That's pretty much what I consider b4 I bought my car. I assume pretty much people would think it that way.. Coz I'm Noob with Car.. :lol:

I agree with some of your points, but I find Commodores and Falcons butt-ugly, especially Falcons with their bubble-like canopy. However, styling is highly subjective. I, for one, was sold on the TRD on the basis of looks. But I agree that the TRD was horrifying expensive when it was first launched. It's much more realistic now at $49,990. Of course, after March 31st you won't be able to get any of them no matter how much you pay. :(

I thought I would post my feedback in reply to the following. Just my personal opinion:

When I have people complaining about the lack of space on the inside, then this would be something to think of. I am yet to find someone who thinks this car isn't large enough. If I stuff it full of overweight people and it gets cramped, I highly doubt they are going to complain about space since that problem already has its answer.

As for the external size, why would you want any larger? To make it harder to park? To make it more likely for the car next to you to open their door into yours? Seriously, I find the Aurion to be the right size on the outside.

When it comes to that argument, these cars were built as a performance sedan for the street. In this situation, the only advantage a RWD is going to offer is the ability to put more power to the road with more traction. The hole power thing is there to satisfy the market. For their target market, these people feel comfortable that they bought a car that actually has some power to it. Once they get it, they drive it as they would any other car. The extra performance is there to make them feel good.

Sure it is more difficult to drive when pushing it, but that's what will distinguish you between a hoon, and someone that knows how to control a FWD with all that power.

Sure the new Commodores look quite nice with the flared guards and aggressive stance but seriously, how many times do you see them on the road. It's just another Holden. The TRD (even the other Aurions) have a unique style to them that I reckon looks better than most passenger cars. As for the Falcon, I don't see any good style in them. They all look the same.

Depends how you define fun. I find it more fun driving the Aurion as you feel like you are controlling the car more than say a Commodore.

Yet to find that an issue. Packed with 5 average people, I have had no complaints. Also read the end of the first paragraph of point 1.

Yeah it is a little expensive, but I guess it is what helps separate the market. Sure it may not be made to directly compete with Holden and Ford, but I think the move was more to give an alternative.

Haha...I disagree with several points above.. But again, just IMO

3. I'll leave the judgement of which is better to personal preference... But to me, I'd still prefer Aurion with the looks.

4. It's pretty much fun for me except for the rattles and the 'to the left' steer wheel.

5. It's comfy and lots of space. I'll get a bus for more space... :lol:

6. I agree it's a bit over-priced but that's the whole point. It's to create image of 'TRD' and distinguish them off the Non-TRD Aurion.

For the price, Since there are other options besides the TRD, people lean forward more to the Non-TRD as the price gap is quite huge, while the difference is not that many. Supercharger, Wheels & Brakes, Body Kits. Basically, that's about it. Well.. That's pretty much what I consider b4 I bought my car. I assume pretty much people would think it that way.. Coz I'm Noob with Car.. :lol:

I agree with some of your points, but I find Commodores and Falcons butt-ugly, especially Falcons with their bubble-like canopy. However, styling is highly subjective. I, for one, was sold on the TRD on the basis of looks. But I agree that the TRD was horrifying expensive when it was first launched. It's much more realistic now at $49,990. Of course, after March 31st you won't be able to get any of them no matter how much you pay. :(

I thought I would post my feedback in reply to the following. Just my personal opinion:

When I have people complaining about the lack of space on the inside, then this would be something to think of. I am yet to find someone who thinks this car isn't large enough. If I stuff it full of overweight people and it gets cramped, I highly doubt they are going to complain about space since that problem already has its answer.

As for the external size, why would you want any larger? To make it harder to park? To make it more likely for the car next to you to open their door into yours? Seriously, I find the Aurion to be the right size on the outside.

When it comes to that argument, these cars were built as a performance sedan for the street. In this situation, the only advantage a RWD is going to offer is the ability to put more power to the road with more traction. The hole power thing is there to satisfy the market. For their target market, these people feel comfortable that they bought a car that actually has some power to it. Once they get it, they drive it as they would any other car. The extra performance is there to make them feel good.

Sure it is more difficult to drive when pushing it, but that's what will distinguish you between a hoon, and someone that knows how to control a FWD with all that power.

Sure the new Commodores look quite nice with the flared guards and aggressive stance but seriously, how many times do you see them on the road. It's just another Holden. The TRD (even the other Aurions) have a unique style to them that I reckon looks better than most passenger cars. As for the Falcon, I don't see any good style in them. They all look the same.

Depends how you define fun. I find it more fun driving the Aurion as you feel like you are controlling the car more than say a Commodore.

Yet to find that an issue. Packed with 5 average people, I have had no complaints. Also read the end of the first paragraph of point 1.

Yeah it is a little expensive, but I guess it is what helps separate the market. Sure it may not be made to directly compete with Holden and Ford, but I think the move was more to give an alternative.

i guess everyone has different opinions about things but that is my opinion anyway.

Needs to be rear wheel drive, pretty hard to have fun in a FWD car....my old rx-7 was way more fun than the corolla, but corolla is more comfortable. But i would swap those 2 any day.

i reckon if they made it RWD i would like it even more coz you can have more fun with it and i also think that if they made an AWD that would have been good too.