Coilover Try out.

JIN

Ey Jin.. Good to see you... How you likin your IS? Better? :lol:xD .

Hey mate.

Good to see you too.Well.. I really like it but I am selling IS250 and buying another car now.

I felt a bit of inconvinience with IS250 because it's smaller than Aurion seriously.

I might come back if I buy another aurion.

I don't see any good cars to buy for now in my budget range($20000~30000).

Aurion&Accord Euro are only cars I am considering to buy once I sell my IS250.

Any recommendations??:)

What settings did you set it to front and rear?

Em..I've never changed the setting since it's all set. so..I guess 8 for front and 5 for rear.

But you have to find your own set up for your comfort and perfomance becasue everyone's got different taste. :D

Oh..Serious? That's shame thou.. IS is a good car..

How about swappin the car back with ur bro? 1 Family with 2 exactly same cars..?

Not to betray the Aurion here...But try the New accord... Not the euros.. For the very reason, it's got 3.5L, so should have around the same power to Aurion.. And also spacious..

Edited by VF-X

Hey mate.

I don't see any good cars to buy for now in my budget range($20000~30000).

Aurion&Accord Euro are only cars I am considering to buy once I sell my IS250.

Any recommendations??:)

Occasionally i will drive the Accord Euro (owned by my gf and her sister), nice car to drive in and they have the car for close to 3 years as well, not a single problem.. You won't go wrong with Toyota and Honda. :)

• 4 weeks later...
You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Aurion-KLM-Sports-S...id=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AURION-CAMRY-2006-T...id=p3286.c0.m14

Not something I would consider though. Just felt like posting it.

I've got other plans in the works. Having it ready for the track though all comes down to how fast Toyota can get them and how much time I get when I'm back in Brissy.

Set mine at 7 front and 2 rear from soft.

I have to say, feels comfier than my KYB .... Cornering is a lot flatter with only front strut bar being the only bar. I also find that I am lifting wheels a lot less. Front wheel that is ................

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Guys.

Long time no see. :D

Well..just came here for a short and quick update on the coilovers.

They are still working greatly. No problems at all. I can't say any other words about coilovers apart from those 2 sentences.

I occasionally drive my ex-aurion and I could feel HUGE difference in handling with my IS250.

The coilovers have been 8 months since the installation.

BTW, I was trying to sell IS250 but someone just crashed my rear.

It wasn't a big damage at all but I had to remove my ad on the website becos of that accident.

I got the brand new rear bumper and it looks fresh tho..

So I decided to keep it and starting to think about mods.

wheels and navi would be the first mods I am having once I get my new job.

I might get BC coilovers for my suspension setup again. hehe

Does anyone know IS forum? Seen couple of posts from MYIS but not many ppl are posting...and boring...unlikely this forum..:D

• 7 months later...

Hey guys.

Just here for a short report for the coilovers because couple of members asked about them.

I still look after the aurion although it's my brother's car since he's got no idea what's done on his car at all. :$

Recently, there was a slight spring rattling sound came up from passanger side.

I already know about the spring noise would come up because i've seen that case when I researched coilovers on the internet before I brought them.

I disassembled the passanger side coilover and re-adjust the spring top mount tight which is the solution for the problem.

The noise doesn't come up anymore after that.

Apart from the noise, everything works fine.

Recently I changed all the tyres with 245 width (235 before) for my brother, but no issues at all.

Jin

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys.

Long time no see again.

Wow..there's a bit of changes in this forum and it looks fantastic!

Just came for a short update for these coilovers.

I don't know weather still ppl are interested in these coilovers or not but yeah I keep updating this.

These coilovers are still solid and working great.

I've pulled them out once for cleaning and readjustment height.

No leaking or defects are found yet.

A bit of squeaking happened before pulling them but it's gone after cleaning.

So yeah...it's been about 2.5 years since I brought them but they are still working as I expected.

I hope this helps for some ppl interested in these coilovers.

Thanks. :D

JIN

PS. I am going to do the carbon skin on this aurion soon.

I am doing the carbon skin for my IS on the roof or hood and my brother wants the carbon skin too on his aurion.

Not going to do on the roof or hood but a bit of detailing for his aurion. :D

Well now that's interesting. i actually have gone the opposite way with the coil over’s in my car. i have them stiffer in the rear than the front? Even on boat mode with the dampers wound way down for comfort i find the rear of the car to do very little and the handling to be dead if i have the front stiffer than the rear? Each to their own though i suppose but i just found that interesting. B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

from the looks of the pics I can install the BC's and use my UR bar too. I was thinking the adjustments where a lot chunkier than that, the once on my previous car Toyota Chaser where quite chunky!

that's a piece of mind. my suspension is knackered to the SH!t house, I cheaped out and just bought King springs 2, 4 point UR struts plus the 2 point engine brace and offset bushes. I couldn't afford 2K suspension at the time. since I have 3 struts would i just need another set of springs and moderately cheaper sport or luxury peddlers suspension

• 1 month later...

im looking at the D2 racing rs coilovers but which model it fit in my 2010 aurion or have anyone used D2 if you can tell me the code... i email the D2 they never reply

im looking at the D2 racing rs coilovers but which model it fit in my 2010 aurion or have anyone used D2 if you can tell me the code... i email the D2 they never reply

How is your search for coilovers going?

Is there a reason why you would want D2 coilovers, over anything that is available locally, ie BC, Silver's, Pedder's?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the late reply "Newbie" :wacko:

Damn it, i cant get the same deal.

The Coil-over set-up feels a lot firmer, it took me some time to adjusted (because the vehicle would feel so jumpy and bumpy) my set-up to feel comfortable but finally I'm happy. I got 19" wheels on my car and reducing the tyre pressures to 32psi make for a less bumpy'er ride. It turns nice also. My main selling point for getting the coil-overs is to lower the vehicle with 19" wheel with-out bottoming out and reduce tyre scrub, Gladly the coil-overs are doing there job :D

Again, sorry about the late reply.

BTW, I got my Coil-Overs from Just Jap Imports.

• 11 months later...

Hey guys.

Just here for a quick update of the coilovers.

My brother still owns the Aurion and it has clocked about 110,000 KM.

The coilies are working still fine without any noises or leakings.

I feel a little bit stiffer than before with same setting but nothing else failed on these coilies.

I did a regular check ups whenever tyres were replaced.

Couple of questions were asked about spring rates so I put more information over here for you guys.

As the first post of this topic, I have ordered 8KG front 6KG rear which were not the standard package the seller was selling.

The original kit was with about 6KG front 5KG rear something(not so sure) but the kit was originally for camry at that time in the US.

So I asked the seller to upgrade my springs to 8KG front and 6KG rear because we have V6 engine in our aurion not likely 4 cylinder camry.

I don't know what spring rates are common now but, in my case, my coilies lasted at least 90,000KM so it seems like they are working fine with this spring rate.

You might have to ask the seller if they can upgrade the springs for you.

Cheers.

Jin

Hey JIN I have the same coils and they're 6KG front and 3KG rear. Good work getting them stiffer, I should of done that myself but a lesson learnt now.

Anyone know if you can just get stiffer springs for the coils and this will work ok as far as increasing the spring rate? Without replacing the strut part?

Or do both need to be upgraded for this to be effective?

Hey JIN I have the same coils and they're 6KG front and 3KG rear. Good work getting them stiffer, I should of done that myself but a lesson learnt now.

Anyone know if you can just get stiffer springs for the coils and this will work ok as far as increasing the spring rate? Without replacing the strut part?

Or do both need to be upgraded for this to be effective?

Hey Couzellion,

From what I've been researching you can change the springs, also read that this will void any warranty you have on the coils though.

Haven't found any springs being sold though, I haven't bought mine yet didn't look into it.