TRD or Sportivo SX6

rhath127

hi guys,

i am about to purchase an aurion and have come down to these 2 choices.

Aurion Sportivo SX6 (i can probably get it for $39-40k)

or

Aurion TRD Sports (not SL). - i spoke to a dealer and they r prepared to give it to me for $45200 drive away.

In your opinion, which is better value. thanks

TRD looks hot..however they ONLY have Silver avail.

thanks

hi guys,

i am about to purchase an aurion and have come down to these 2 choices.

Aurion Sportivo SX6 (i can probably get it for $39-40k)

or

Aurion TRD Sports (not SL). - i spoke to a dealer and they r prepared to give it to me for $45200 drive away.

In your opinion, which is better value. thanks

TRD looks hot..however they ONLY have Silver avail.

thanks

If the money is not the matter for you, of course it should be the TRD aurion.

BTW, SX6 for $39~40k sounds like a bit too much.

I've seen someone from this forum bought SX6 for around 33K.

It's pretty straight-forward...

Generally, TRD has more the looks and it got the Supercharge on it and a bit better of parts here and there. U wouldn't waste a penny on ur extra 5k..

I even bought my sportivo more expensive [ 1.5 years ago] than the TRD offered now..

So just go get the TRD...

Yeh, Jin made his point... ur offered price for SX was a bit too much... I think they're persuading u to get the TRD.. Haha

Edited by VF-X

thanks for the all the replys.

I mean thats what i was gonna do - the Sportivo and use extra cash to mod it - rims, hids, sat nav, etc. however the TRD looks toooo hot.

however because the dealership said theres only 1 red and 2 silvers avail. however havent confirmed with me if it has the gun metal rims and black/red interior.

i think i will go TRD silver.......i will post back tom once i have confirmed with the dealer.

thanks again.

also pls advise for those who do have TRDs. are front n rear sensors standard on them?

are front n rear sensors standard on them?

The best way to look at the TRD's when comparing the grades is that the 3500S is like the Sportivo SX6, and the 3500SL is like the ZR6. In saying that, only the TRD 3500SL has the front/rear parking sonar.

In my opinion, for the little bit extra, get the TRD. Unless this difference in money would be a REALLY tough squeeze, then there is definitely no questioning whether to get the TRD or a Sportivo. No need to upgrade the rims on the TRD, HID's are cheap to come by, and a sat/nav unit isn't all THAT expensive.

thanks for the all the replys.

I mean thats what i was gonna do - the Sportivo and use extra cash to mod it - rims, hids, sat nav, etc. however the TRD looks toooo hot.

however because the dealership said theres only 1 red and 2 silvers avail. however havent confirmed with me if it has the gun metal rims and black/red interior.

i think i will go TRD silver.......i will post back tom once i have confirmed with the dealer.

thanks again.

also pls advise for those who do have TRDs. are front n rear sensors standard on them?

if you're looking at a 3500S, then it'll have the gun metal grey rims and the red interior... if you're looking at the 3500SL, then it'll have the plum leather interior with silver rims...

as DJKOR said, the S is basically missing the leather seats, front/rear parking sensors, smart entry/start and a couple of other small differenses...

at the end of the day, the TRD would be the car to buy if you can afford it... just take it easy on the car and you wont have to replace the tyres after 16,000kms like me... :ph34r: hahaha

id be interested to see how much they're quoting on the SL these days... when i bought mine brand new (april last year) the RRP of the SL with satnav and roof including on roads was roughly 70k... seems like its dropped HEAPS since then... :lol:

I liked the SL's features but I loved the look of the S, with the gunmetal rims and the glaringly audacious red interior. After I got the car, plonked down another $2,500 for sat nav, bluetooth, front and rear cameras, problem solved. The Northfield that I went to had done so many Aurions that they were really experienced with the car, they did the job well and very quickly. And you still get full functionality with the steering wheel controls.

Have you given thought to buying used? There are quite a few going for less than $40k on Carsales.com.au.

Looking forward to seeing another TRD owner on these forums!

NB: If you have enough money, get the Evo X instead

hey all, thanks again.

so today is the day. TRD Silver..........i rang a few dealers and all have said that silver S or Red S is the only ones avail.

i did give thought to buying 2nd hand however because i plan on keeping this as a long term investment. i would rather buy new.

those small differences arent deal breakers so i can live with it. i will however tell them for front / rear sonars.

if things go well.......i will post back with a huge smile =)

Woohoo!! I'm so excited for you....I remember the first day I came home with mine...ahhh...the memories....

Treat her well and learn to drive her, and you can outrun anything south of $50k. Make sure the dealer throws in free mats too.

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

i did give thought to buying 2nd hand however because i plan on keeping this as a long term investment. i would rather buy new.

Will this model car become a long term investment? It's not a GTHO or the like, so my thinking has it as a very decent fast car with a few bits and pieces for comfort and convenience.

If you pay $45k for it now, what do you expect to get for it in 5, 10 or 15 years time?

Generally, most cars will depreciate x 80-90% in 10 years. Occasionally something surprises that scenario, like the GTHO.

With them ceasing TRD production now, it will become a limited model...it has that in it's favour. I seriously doubt it'll be worth any more than $30k in 5 years though. Time will tell.

What does a low k 2nd hand first year TRD sell for now?

In answer to your original question, I'd buy the trd, but I'd haggle hard for the extras you want.

Edited by boxerboy

Well? Any good news??

If you got your car yesterday and having too much fun with it to post, I completely understand.... :D

He will have to go home sooner or later :D

Ive been waiting too,where is it?what is it? B)

STOP!!!

Get yourself a demo presara for that money!

I'm biased of course...

Yeah, I swing in that tree also...

On topic though, that's too much for the SX6... for that money ZR6 is the way to go.

But considering its only a few extra G's... TRD, no question.