TRD Aurion on 20s

SecaBoy

hey

so here are my new rims... they're a bit like rowan's (eSEXSIX), but different...

they're 20x8.5" wrapped in nankangs 245/30/R20... i wasnt happy with these choice in tyres, but apparently they're the only 'legal' tyre (in terms of load rating) that we can put on our aurions...

i'm sure there are others, but they must cost a LOT more...

anyway... i wasnt too sure on the rims in the shop, but once they were put on the car, i was extremely happy with the outcome.. :)

enough talk, more pictures... :D

snc00028_551.jpg

snc00022_773.jpg

stay tuned around the end of the week for news on my 2nd attempt at installing the varex... :)

cya

ash.

edit: please note that the car was parked on a very steep hill, it doesnt normally sit that high in the front... :)

Edited by SecaBoy

farrrrrrrrrrrk YES looks mint dude!!! look forward to seeing it on thursday....congrats dude!!

woooooooooooooooooohhhhh i bet ya daryl will be fumeing hahahahah....ull have to get your giddy-up on mate ur falling behind!!!! :lol:

yeah, daryl is letting his game slip badly... :P :lol:

Rowan ain't joking. Fuming would be around the best word to describe many of the feelings running through my head. I really need a good comeback now.

Oh yeah, loving the 20's as well Ash. Just makes the 19's seem basic in comparison.

Looks great Ash, suits the car really well.

Looks like you have a arched chrome lip that flushes to the edge of the tyre, like mine. Be carefull man when attacking driveways, too much angle will chew the lip.

They can scratch really easy if not careful. Same if you every get suspension or work done where they need to take you wheels off. I always tell them to not stack them or place them face down. With normal rims it doesnt really matter, but with these types of rims its soo easy to scratch them. And most coys wont even notice that the lip rolls to the edge.

Good choice dude, they make your beast look sweet.

Edited by BONDIE

yeah, daryl is letting his game slip badly... :P :lol:

Rowan ain't joking. Fuming would be around the best word to describe many of the feelings running through my head. I really need a good comeback now.

Oh yeah, loving the 20's as well Ash. Just makes the 19's seem basic in comparison.

Hey Dj wasn't i getting hammered for posting repeats other day?

What do you call this thead? after previous thread was posted 2 or 3 day ago with 20 inch rims?

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=19703

Just hijack of prevoud thread.

Just seems double standards here? It been long 15 hour day for me and bit annoyed that other get raps for double threads and other get flamed for it.

Yeah sure Iam new comer to this forum but no exuse for some to get flamed and others to get away with it at the end of the day we all share the same interest here.

sorry I had to point - Iam not here to stir the pot just to share & gain knowleadge & interest of my toyota

Azza

Edited by Azza73

It's not called double standards mate. There is a difference between asking repeat questions, and posting photos to show off your ride in a similar fashion to the 'Members Rides' section. This thread falls along the lines of the latter. It is a different type of thread. If I had a problem with this thread, I would need to have a problem with every other thread in the 'Members Rides' section.

It's not called double standards mate. There is a difference between asking repeat questions, and posting photos to show off your ride in a similar fashion to the 'Members Rides' section. This thread falls along the lines of the latter. It is a different type of thread.

My question is why couldn't he post it under the other 20 inch rim thread it would of still got looked at by all members thats what baffles me and the threads still in the top 5 post which people would of clicked on.

also if falls under members rides then why wasn't it posted in members rides?

I rather carry this on with pm's

Azza

Edited by Azza73

It's not called double standards mate. There is a difference between asking repeat questions, and posting photos to show off your ride in a similar fashion to the 'Members Rides' section. This thread falls along the lines of the latter. It is a different type of thread.

My question is why couldn't he post it under the other 20 inch rim thread it would of still got looked at by all members thats what baffles me and the threads still in the top 5 post which people would of clicked on.

Azza

If u'd rather carry this on with pm's...Shouldn't have post this in the 1st place..

Azza

If u'd rather carry this on with pm's...Shouldn't have post this in the 1st place..

Yes I agree with you VF-X - I think it got the better of me spur of the moment......

Azza

Sorry Ash for that little bit of thread jacking that went on there. Look forward to seeing you at the meet. It is always so hard now standing by watching everyone progress further. I hate falling into the shadows. <Kicks self for not bidding on the TRD rims that sold for $800>

what make this thread diffrent to evryone else members ride when they all posted there sports grills on the same thread? they were all showing there rides for yeah or nah.

yes this few post are useless people don't need to see this crap.

We both have diffrent views to things.

anyway you have pm

going to walk the dog and get some fresh air

Azza

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Azza: grow up and stop being petty...

i started a new thread so i would hijack rowan's thread... that would just be rude to me... :lol:

yes, probably should have been in the "members rides" section... but to be honest, i dont check there for updates on other aurions, i check in this section...

the only two parts of this forum i look at is the aurion section and the upcoming cruises... so i just automatically posted in this section...

to all the guys that have posted real comments in this thread, thanks for your comments...

imo, yes, the stock trd rims suit the car well, but i actually quite like the look of these rims on the car... :)

i most likely wont be lowering my car, but i like how the car sits and i already scrape on some speed bumps when i have one other person in the car...

i will admit that the front of the car does sit a bit higher than what i'd like, but i'll deal with it... :)

bondie: tell me about it!!! i already have a really minor scrape on one of the lips from a parking lot and trying to negotiate a tight corner... :(

haha if anyone finds a forum that has no shiet fights i'm gunna join it!!! is it really that hard to get along?

tbh i dont look at any other sections of the forum other than the aurion coz we are so leet that we are above the rest of u (except the klugers and prados) nah dont really have the time to trawl.

hate the stock TRD rims, love the 20's... they would look so nice on a white presara that i know hey. how much?

i was upset that u were upset that u thought that u had the same rims as esexsix and u were not unique anymore... well im gonna copy you just to spite u.

only jokers!

Edited by Freddo

I kinda wish the TRD rims were like the prototype they had before (shown below). Those would look okay in my opinion; and is that some minor dish on them as well? So now all this 20 inch fun, looks like I should join in with some nice deep dish. Hmmmm, the temptation. I think a set of AirRunner suspension would suit best.

toyotaaurionsportsconceax0.jpg

I kinda wish the TRD rims were like the prototype they had before (shown below). Those would look okay in my opinion; and is that some minor dish on them as well? So now all this 20 inch fun, looks like I should join in with some nice deep dish. Hmmmm, the temptation. I think a set of AirRunner suspension would suit best.

toyotaaurionsportsconceax0.jpg

totally agree and what i have said previously. them is the hotness!!!

saw a silver TRD and a white ZR6 on the drive to work today and im no liking the presara bodystyling

Edited by Freddo