'06 Gold Camry Sportivo - Manual

Tash

Hello all, seeings I thought I better get somewhat active and posting again I figured I better show you all what I'm driving these days!!! I recently purchased (end of Feb) and ex-demo 2006 Camry Sportivo in Aurora Gold, manual transmission (xD) and only 20,000km on the clock; she was, and still is, immaculate with only a few scratches and a couple of stone chips on the front end.

So far the only mod's are tint, reverse sensors (thrown in as part of sale), rear Sportivo scuff plates and a handsfree car kit. I don't really have anything planned as it's under factory warranty until the beginning of 2013 or 150,000kms, although she may get some new rims once I've used up these tyres! Anyway I hope you enjoy the pics and I'm very much looking forward to meeting some of you at this year's Mega Meet :D (Oh and yes, in case you couldn't already tell I am a massive Essendon fan hahah)

post-2153-1239529037_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1239529083_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1239529113_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1239529141_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1239529177_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1239529224_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1239529279_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tash

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Thanks mate - I adore the colour too, Toyota have done a really nice job :) Latest 'mod' is tinted slimline weathershields, not sure if I actually like them or not as yet. Stereo & exhaust to come later in the year; Stock HU will be staying for now but will be getting new 6x9s and splits as well as amplifier (Eclipse gear) and the exhaust will more be something to make her sound a bit meaner, no cannon. Am open to exhaust suggestions!!

Anyway here are some pics of the weathershields. Currently waiting on personalised plates to arrive as well, hopefully in time for the Melbourne meet next Sunday :D They will read SPTVOH hehe

post-2153-1249639073_thumb.jpg post-2153-1249639284_thumb.jpg post-2153-1249639332_thumb.jpg

Looking real nice Tash... :toast:

p.s see ya soon :D

Heheh cheers Lee - I can see a bit of an Aurion/Camry shoot happening!! Whereabouts is ur car thread, went looking for it and couldn't find.

Wicked combination. Should look much better. Personalised plates always make that little bit more of a difference.

Cheers Daryl :D Anything's gotta be better than 'URP' hahahahaha I originally wanted SPTIVO but that was already taken, then I thought of these. It's sort of like Sportiv-oh! :) Can't wait to put them on tomorrow and see them on the car, they've come out a lot better than I sort of expected which is great.

Also getting a TRD knob sent to me so if it arrives this weekend it'll be on in time for the Melbourne meet-up :D

GOLD!! Hahaha can't wait to see it up close!!

Heheheheh, definitely very gold! I don't think we got to meet each other at the TOCAU mega meet in June did we?

Okay, here is a super quick snapshot of them on the car outside, it's finally raining in Bendigo so I had to whack them on and scurry back inside!! I will get some proper nice piccies at our meet-up on the weekend. Also need to get the anti-theft screws on.

11082009181.jpg

GOLD!! Hahaha can't wait to see it up close!!

Heheheheh, definitely very gold! I don't think we got to meet each other at the TOCAU mega meet in June did we?

Okay, here is a super quick snapshot of them on the car outside, it's finally raining in Bendigo so I had to whack them on and scurry back inside!! I will get some proper nice piccies at our meet-up on the weekend. Also need to get the anti-theft screws on.

11082009181.jpg

YEW!!!

SPORTIV-OH! Plates look awesome Tash :D

and we can't wait to see the pics that will happen this weekend :yahoo:

Evo

YEW!!!

SPORTIV-OH! Plates look awesome Tash :D

and we can't wait to see the pics that will happen this weekend :yahoo:

Evo

Heheh cheers!! Feels good to drive around with them on, and it's funny because now I'm seeing personalised plates everywhere I go. I can't wait to see the pics that happen this weekend either :clap:

Can't wait to get up to Sydney for next year's meet too and hopefully see some of you QLDers!!

Top job on the plates Tash,lookin good.Yes change the screws,i replaced mine with stainless bolts,most thieves carry screwdrivers not spanners :ph34r:

Maybe black numberplate frames to hide the border and black badges?my two cents :)

Keep up the good work :clap:

John

Top job on the plates Tash,lookin good.Yes change the screws,i replaced mine with stainless bolts,most thieves carry screwdrivers not spanners :ph34r:

Maybe black numberplate frames to hide the border and black badges?my two cents :)

John

Thanks John :) The only anti-theft screws I've been able to find are black in colour - the last brand I bought were actually too small for the holes so I'm not entirely confident these will fit either. I actually really quite like that idea of replacing them with bolts though, will do that if these screws don't fit either.

If I get frames again this time I'll be getting the ones without the plastic in the middle cos they were an absolute pain in the **** to fit (and I suspect the culprit for the scratches on the rear end). Hrmm black badging isn't something I've really thought of...Wonder how easy they are to remove and refit?

John

Thanks John :) The only anti-theft screws I've been able to find are black in colour - the last brand I bought were actually too small for the holes so I'm not entirely confident these will fit either. I actually really quite like that idea of replacing them with bolts though, will do that if these screws don't fit either.

If I get frames again this time I'll be getting the ones without the plastic in the middle cos they were an absolute pain in the **** to fit (and I suspect the culprit for the scratches on the rear end). Hrmm black badging isn't something I've really thought of...Wonder how easy they are to remove and refit?

No probs Tash,i love the fact that its a manual though :clap:

If your talking about those covers which used to have two metal strips which sat behind the plates,then yes they were are a pain but now they've changed the design so they have four swivel clips(plastic),cover goes straight on and the four clips just slide behind the plate.

Too easy and the plastic comes plain or striped..

Good luck with it :)

No probs Tash,i love the fact that its a manual though :clap:
Love the colour! love the manual and love the plates! :D

Heheh it was manual ALWAYS when I knew I was going to get a new car, love the Aurion but just can't have an auto, even if it is tiptronic. I had given up on finding one actually, and then one night (and I don't know why) I hopped on Google and had a look and lo and behold there she was sitting in Essendon, only an hour and a bit down the road. They brought the car up to Bendigo for me to have a drive and the following Friday I took the day off and went down and bought it!! :yahoo: I had great fun chasing everyone through the curves and using the gears on our TOCAU mega meet cruise :lol:

If your talking about those covers which used to have two metal strips which sat behind the plates,then yes they were are a pain but now they've changed the design so they have four swivel clips(plastic),cover goes straight on and the four clips just slide behind the plate.

Too easy and the plastic comes plain or striped..

Good luck with it :)

These are the ones I had, except they had a bit of foam backing around them, so even though they had the four swivel clips they were an absolute pain to fit cos they just wouldn't squish together quite enough. So I think this time around I will look for some without the foam backing!

Okay all I need your help! I will be trawling the forum for answers but I was curious to know individual thoughts on this. Basically I am roughly aware that most with wheels on here with their Camry's/Aurion's have an offset somewhere within the range of 35-45mm. I was looking at a set of PDW Antra-5 alloy wheels (see here http://pdwgroup.com/australia/sports_wheels.html, want Matte Black) and pretty much hard my heart set on them.

Two tyre places here have told me that they can fit these for me, but the third place I e-mailed for a quote (Bendigo Tyre Centre, quite reputable) have e-mailed me and stated that these wheels do not come in the correct offset for a Camry, and that they only do fitment for a Ford which would make the wheels stick out 10mm more on a Camry. I am absolutely gutted as these are the only rims I've found that I really like.

So who is correct? Bob Janes website shows a plethora of available offsets and their virtual wheels selector show them as fitting the Gen 5 Camry (they do not have Gen 6 as a choice on their site), so I am really confused. Please help!

Edited by Tash

id be geting one with a tyre and bolting it onto the car mate best way to tell i think - BTW i go to Bendigo every now and then might see you round mate!

Thanks - Bob Jane are doing a refit of their store at the moment but once that's finished in a week or two they are are going to order in a set for me to look at as they're something that should be in stock anyway, so I won't give up on them just yet!!

Heheh excellent, you might even see me cruising around up there some day ;) Going home early September and looks like we'll be heading over to Albury for some shopping while I'm home so you never know.

nice example of a gen 6. i got a close look at the national meet up, and i like :)

i almost got myself into one of these (black, manual, sunroof, etc.) when i was looking around to get rid of my old celica, but some other bugger bought it when i went to do my research!

nice example of a gen 6. i got a close look at the national meet up, and i like :)

i almost got myself into one of these (black, manual, sunroof, etc.) when i was looking around to get rid of my old celica, but some other bugger bought it when i went to do my research!

Cheers :) I also made sure I had a good sticky at yours too - another lovely Gen 5. Always did like that shape! Hahah damn, I guess in that sense then you were meant to end up in the Gen 5 ;)

You will have to come to one of our monthly Melb meet-ups so we can get some Camry snaps!

Well today's efforts included a very brief car wash (will worry about cleaning the interior again next weekend) and I got around to putting on numberplate frames and the TRD gear knob :D (big thanks to David!)

The plate frames are Kingpin branded, so they came with spacers, so I've got the boot lid, the two spacers, and anti-theft screws holding them together, then you put in these black plugs into the 4 corners of the numberplate and then you fix the frame to the numberplate using four provided self tapping screws to go into the black plugs. So basically if a thief wants them, they need to unscrew all four screws to detach the frame from the numberplate and then they need to undo the anti-theft screws. So hopefully too much work!

And the new gear knob is soooooooo comfy! Love the way it looks too :clap:

post-2153-1251018969_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1251019326_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tash