'06 Gold Camry Sportivo - Manual

Tash

Well I've got some great replies again from Ray and Rob, just need to provide a couple more pictures. Now to work out how I take the globes out gently, how I take the rear boot pieces out and how to take the rear bumper off if need be. Will have to trawl that Camry manuals site at some stage over the weekend I reckon!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Just a bit of an update, nothing exciting :( Unfortunately the LED tail lights have to come out - the wiring on the LH tail light has totally come out of the moulded connector, so I've been driving around without a brake light or parker light on the LH side and the stock ones are going back in today. But on the plus side they looked fantastic in the car and they were really bright, so I'll be importing another set later in the year hopefully. Got a few things to pay off before anything else happens to the car so I don't anticipate a lot to happen within the next few months other than another clay bar and polish and wax lol

On another front it is evident that this car was involved in a collision to the rear and this accident was not disclosed to me prior to sale (the date on the RH stock tail light indicates testing & installation in December 2008, not possible for a car built in July 2006, and it also matches the damage to the inside of my boot) so I am still waiting on a response to a letter I sent to Toyota HQ regarding that and other problems with the RH corner (cosmetic damage mostly - though there was water getting in) of the car. So I'm sort of a bit over it all lately given that not much that's positive is happening!!

Anyway, here's hoping this photo works, it's a piccy (big thanks to Trent) of 'Aurora' at the TOCAU Annual meet, show n shine day :D I just love this shot, the car is positively glowing.

post-2153-128027727005_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tash

Enough clay and wax to last a lifetime me-thinks! :toast:

Did Adam get back to you regarding the tail lights at all?

Hahah I know!! Very much looking forward to that arriving :D Thanks again for putting that all together :yahoo:

Yeah he did thanks and was very helpful, unfortunately I can't get just the LH tail light, I have to get a whole set :( But he was very happy to help me out later in the year in getting another set shipped over so that's great. It'd be good if this one could be repaired but the wiring is frigged, I just don't understand how it can 'sheath' out of the whole connector and pretty much fray... Very frustrating!

hey tash,

just thought i'd drop by and say HEY!

Few things...

1; why have you not lowered your car yet? tisk tisk

2; Dual exhaust??? god hurry up haha

3; I managed to track down a brand new GTP kit, which has jsut arrived today yahoo.gif

I'll make a members thread when i get home and upload some pics. Dont be a stranger fellow camry driver.

Adam

Damn tash. That is very frustrating! Hope it all works out for you!

I have a set of kings lowering springs if you want it at the next meet ;)

Cheers Reece :) Haha, still got those?? The problem is someone who will install them for me - all the places I've spoken to will only install new ones due to warranty issues. Then there's always that itchy bug in the back of my mind saying I should save up for coilovers instead.

hey tash,

just thought i'd drop by and say HEY!

Few things...

1; why have you not lowered your car yet? tisk tisk

2; Dual exhaust??? god hurry up haha

3; I managed to track down a brand new GTP kit, which has jsut arrived today yahoo.gif

I'll make a members thread when i get home and upload some pics. Dont be a stranger fellow camry driver.

Adam

Hey Adam! Good to hear from you - I definitely have been very very slack when it comes to TOCAU lately :( To answer notes 1 & 2 it all comes down to money!!! I'm still paying off my alloy wheels, whoops :huh: So I've basically told myself I'm not allowed to do anything else to the car until those are paid for. Exhaust I have no clue where to get it done, obviously somewhere in Bendigo would be good but don't think there are too many places. And on the lowering thing as well my car actually wouldn't get in the driveway of my current place :( Poor Nathan scraped and got his Aurion stuck on it running King Lows so yeah. But am looking at renting a new place with a friend Dec/Jan so one of the criteria is a flat driveway!!

That's flippin awesome about the GTP kit :D That happen to be the one that was listed on Ebay??

Poor Nathan scraped and got his Aurion stuck on it running King Lows so yeah. But am looking at renting a new place with a friend Dec/Jan so one of the criteria is a flat driveway!!

I felt sad for the Aurion more after that :( Then again we did have two in the car. It'd be interesting with just myself. (Not saying anything bad, im just guessing. the scrape did sound like it came from under myself tho... interesting. lol)

thats some sh!tty luck with the tail light Tash,on the bright side thats a great photo of your car,it's bloody gleaming alright. :D

i agree 100% save up and get coilovers,can't go wrong there.

anyway car is looking great Tash,hopefully we can catch up at the next meet.

Cheers

Lee

thats some sh!tty luck with the tail light Tash,on the bright side thats a great photo of your car,it's bloody gleaming alright. :D

i agree 100% save up and get coilovers,can't go wrong there.

anyway car is looking great Tash,hopefully we can catch up at the next meet.

Cheers

Lee

Cheers Lee - I certainly represented Victoria alright :D Bit disappointed not to come away with anything but had a wonderful time and got some really lovely comments about the car + met a whole heap of great people.

I guess that's what I get though for going with after market ones, although the RH one worked like a charm! Hope to be at the next meet in September Lee, definitely want to catch up with everyone :) Would have loved to do the GOR but it was a bit of a tough ask and I was out the night before..

Cheers Reece :) Haha, still got those?? The problem is someone who will install them for me - all the places I've spoken to will only install new ones due to warranty issues. Then there's always that itchy bug in the back of my mind saying I should save up for coilovers instead.

Haha yep, still got them. Dont know much camry modders out there unfortunately :( But yeah, save up for coilovers if thats what you want. But just letting you know that i still got them!

Also saw that your going dual exhaust? Me too tash! The dual exhaust is next on the mod list after i get my body work done. Ill let you know how it goes. and hopefully have it installed by the next meet (highly unlikely though)

Haha yep, still got them. Dont know much camry modders out there unfortunately :( But yeah, save up for coilovers if thats what you want. But just letting you know that i still got them!

Also saw that your going dual exhaust? Me too tash! The dual exhaust is next on the mod list after i get my body work done. Ill let you know how it goes. and hopefully have it installed by the next meet (highly unlikely though)

I'm thinking of doing Dual Exhaust on the aurion but I've always had doubts about the room required. :( Just not sure yet.

Well yeah I'd like to do dual exhaust but just not 100% certain on that - it'd look great but its getting the sound I want out of it really is the bit that "scares" me. I don't want it to sound like a droning nothing but at the same time I don't want it to be loud and make a 4 cyl sound like a V8. But am very keen to see how yours turns out as well Reece! There's certainly enough room under the car for it :D

Is just gunna take a lot of research, I don't even know where to begin looking up brands etc etc

looking great there!! nice shine you got going ;)

IMO id definately save for coilivers... i thought i'd take the "cheap" route and get springs... ended up buying coilovers within a few months anyway.. haha

good luck with it all :) and keep up the polishing!!! :)

looking great there!! nice shine you got going ;)

IMO id definately save for coilivers... i thought i'd take the "cheap" route and get springs... ended up buying coilovers within a few months anyway.. haha

good luck with it all :) and keep up the polishing!!! :)

Thanks Davo - a lot of the shine can be attributed to your various advice! :) Am definitely getting better at it and plucking up the courage to try new things. Just waiting til its a bit warmer now until I clay bar again, don't have a garage so rainy days really muck me up!

That's what I'm thinking about the coilovers as well, seeings so many of you have got springs and then swapped them for coilovers. And most of your cars are daily drivers so it can't be that rough a ride!

Keep in mind tash, city roads i can imagine are better than country roads (at times haha). Like davo, i bought springs and within a few months i got coilovers on! It depends how low you are planning to go. IMO if you decide to dump the car on its ***** then get coilovers, but if you still want that 1-2 finger gap and your happy with that then i'd suggest springs.

Ill keep you posted on the dual exhaust, just watch my thread for updates! I kind of want that deeep deep sound that i noticed were coming from some corollas. Ill sell my muffler when i get rid of it if your interested. Wont be awhile though, i just picked up my lip kit from the airport today. So give me until summer atlealst since uni starts next week for me. Uni + work = busy bee but its a perfect opportunity to start saving

Yeah that's exactly it too Reece - the roads around Bendigo are pretty crappy and some of these car parks I barely clear as it is.. Plus a lot of country driving like to NE Vic and things like that, so if I were to go the coilover way it wouldn't be to drop it totally on its ****, more the handling side of things.

No worries about the exhaust, it'll be a way off for me anyway but I'd like to go and suss out some quotes and see how much it would cost to get a second pipe and muffler done to the LH side of the car. Guessing it's gunna be two catbacks + muffler (no clue on brand!) and tips so probably somewhere around the $1000 mark or more *shrugs* Great news on the lip kit, can't wait to see it on! :)

Thats true. Well whatever your decision is tash, i still got the springs for sale for ya.

1k on the exhaust seems reasonable. I can imagine it will be full custom work though unless you decide to import one from the states where the camry modding scene is much much much bigger than it is here in australia

• 5 months later...

Can't believe it's taken me this long to find this thread! Didn't know you were looking at exhausts as well. I've found a place in Bendigo which I'm willing to be the guinea pig for and if I get the result I'm after then they can take a shot at your car :D

Love seeing Aurora in the flesh, absolutely stunning car! Nice mags that match perfectly with the style and colour of Aurora :D

Can't believe it's taken me this long to find this thread! Didn't know you were looking at exhausts as well. I've found a place in Bendigo which I'm willing to be the guinea pig for and if I get the result I'm after then they can take a shot at your car :D

Love seeing Aurora in the flesh, absolutely stunning car! Nice mags that match perfectly with the style and colour of Aurora :D

Hahah yeah, hiding lord only knows how many pages back! Heck yeah to an exhaust, needs a meaner note. That's awesome though, I'm happy for you to be guinea pig :D That or we should see if they'll do a discount for booking two cars in?

Cheers, she certainly turns a few heads! Looked great together with the black - we will have to take more piccies of them together :D Am still stoked that I haven't seen the Enforcers on any other car :) Your wheels are a great choice too, I'm normally not a fan of chrome but they just looked fantastic!

Update to all, my LED tail lights are now properly hard wired so they can't fail again (connector broke, so they've had all new plugs done). They look stunning :D And at night they light up like a Christmas tree bahahahaha Hope to go wash the car Sunday night when we get back from the TOCAU meet (heading down in Barb's new Corolla) and take some pics for you all!

Edited by Tash

• 4 weeks later...

Nice ride Tash,

I cant say i have seen this round Bendigo. Love the rims very jealous : )

Will keep an eye out for it on the road

Bevo

Good luck spotting her. I've still yet to do it except for when we've had a prearranged meet.

And I have a feeling that this thread is not far from being updated ;)

Nice ride Tash,

Bevo

Hey Bevo - cheers :D I am loving the rims too, funny cos when they held them up against the car I wasn't too keen, and then I just went "Do it" and the end result turned out great luckily :lol: Am yet to see anyone else with them either *touch wood*

You'll have to come meet up with us some time so we can all get some group piccies :D

Nice ride Tash,

Bevo

Good luck spotting her. I've still yet to do it except for when we've had a prearranged meet.

And I have a feeling that this thread is not far from being updated ;)

Lol, which is kind of funny considering I get around town a bit, although only on weekends as I walk to work and mostly this side of Bendigo, am very rarely out the other side. One day I'll be spotted!! (first spot award goes to Zeinheiger :D)

And yes, the thread will be updated later this evening :D Just waiting until it gets dark for one more picture.

Cheers benji for bringing this thread back from the dead. I can now see all those pics... Beautiful car, didn't know it was manual either

Thanks Dale! Yep she's a manual alright - the reason I'm in a Camry and not in an Aurion :)