'06 Gold Camry Sportivo - Manual

Tash

And yes, the thread will be updated later this evening :D Just waiting until it gets dark for one more picture.

At first I had to think about this. Then I realised. :D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HID'S???

Nope - I'm enlisting your help for that one!! :D (point me in the direction of the gear to buy, I'll buy it, you and Benji get yourselves a set, and we'll have a HID installing party :yahoo:)

Okay so I totally couldn't wait until later tonight to take a dark picture so I'll update now and then again later :) Aurora has scored herself a full exterior clean today and I finally plucked up the courage to de-badge the rear!! I didn't think I liked it at first but the more I look at it the more it grows on me, looks so lovely and clean now. Plus I can confuse even more people now :D Other updates are that the LED tail lights are back in, they're hard wired this time so no more fault with the LH brake light. Also put some SMD LED white bulbs in the licence plates so waiting for the darkness now to see what they look like.

Sooooo, here are some daylight piccies :D

IMG_3549.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

Next on the agenda is the interior LED light changeover methinks, and the HID's too. Also booked in for a cut and polish shortly as I'm having difficulties getting the pesky swirl marks and things out myself so am enlisting some help. Then its just trying to save cash, looks like council will fix the driveway up so I can get coilovers later this year :clap:

Yep I did always want the smoked set, but these popped up secondhand from another member who got rid of his Camry and the price was too good to refuse, rather than importing a set of those.

As far as I know I'm the only one with a clear set, and there is a member with a silver Camry Sportivo that has the black set and he's in QLD.

Excellent, I'm in no rush for HID's, would be nice to have them by the annual meet in June so got plenty of time before then :) (just trying to do a few little bits and pieces before going up there)

Good work you've decided to debadge her. She definitely looks more the part now! :)

Loving the tail lights as well, I hope the number plate light works better now as well.

Cheers Nath - there's still a very faint outline from where the badges were but that'll come out with the cut and polish :) Hahah yeah I hope so too, not that crappy dull light! They were pretty bright testing them during the day so I imagine they should be bright enough, only got about four hours to wait :lol:

I saw you posting about the annual Dale, would be ace if you could make it as well :D I'm lucky accommodation wise, we can stay at Barb's brothers for free. So we'll be up there the Monday/Tuesday before it and leave the Monday/Tuesday after it.

love the debadge :) I'd love to go to the annual, but heading up to QLD in july with mates, so I couldn't justify 2 trips up in such a short space of time. Very happy with the pic quality considering I'm on me old phone. Can't wait to see Aurora in her finest tomorrow :D

Hooray, finally got dark enough to go check out the new LED globes for the licence plate - MUCH better!!

IMG_3550.jpg

Now to change all the lights in the front end...

ABSOLUTELY BRILLANT!

P.s. You have done the harder stuff first, HIDs are easier. :)

Thanks! :D Really??? The HID's and parkers scare me a bit I must admit lol I want to change the parkers, the foggies and my hi/low beam :)

Looks good, although I don't suppose you've got any before photos for comparison? Love those LED's tongue.gif

I'll have to defer to Nathan for that one - he should have a couple of night shots of the car before the LED's went in as well :) Heheheh the LED's are sooooo bright at night, Barb was following me back from the car wash and we had to stop at a red light, when I had the brakes on it illuminated her front cabin!!

Nice on tash! Finally decided to debadge it aye! Looks clean! Lovin the LED tails aswell tash, your a bad influence. ahhaha. i want them now!

Cheers Reece, am loving the debadge now, looks much neater and more even - not all these badges that look out of place with one another. LOL! Well they could have been yours but you let me snap them up instead :lol:

I'll have to defer to Nathan for that one - he should have a couple of night shots of the car before the LED's went in as well :) Heheheh the LED's are sooooo bright at night, Barb was following me back from the car wash and we had to stop at a red light, when I had the brakes on it illuminated her front cabin!!

bruce-aurora.jpg

(Posting from Warringal Private Hospital at the moment. I'm here for observation, I may have appendix issues but they can't seem to figure it out yet. That'd be right.)

Hope you're all enjoying the awesome cruise! :)

Thanks! :D Really??? The HID's and parkers scare me a bit I must admit lol I want to change the parkers, the foggies and my hi/low beam :)

Parkers are easy, trust me you can do it! :) HIDs seem a bit complicated at first, but you should be fine! The kits normally come with instructions of some sort (although they might be really simplistic), you'll understand what to do. :lol:

Maybe take a shot of your front, and I'll let you know about what we said on Sunday. :P