'06 Gold Camry Sportivo - Manual

Tash

Well I've finally got new shoes!! It only took a few months but they're on, thanks to The Tyre Factory in Sunshine - very very big thumbs down to tyre businesses in Bendigo who were uninterested.

Anyway, enjoy the piccies! :D

100_1282.jpg

100_1283.jpg

100_1284.jpg

100_1286.jpg

100_1287.jpg

100_1288.jpg

Edited by Tash

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehe cheers everyone!! And yes, it definitely needs some lowering, think I will be investigating some King Low's in the not too distant future - don't wanna go too low given Bendigo's crappy roads and all the country driving I do.

I must say Tash. Those rims are definately better than my Aurions. I love em!

It seems the whole black and gold theme I had going has seeped over to the Camry haha. Then again it's hard to get a good scheme going with a gold car.

Definately need a photo shoot with the aurion and camry...

....and daryl's car....coz its just awesome. (note: if im in qld, must ride with him once...and prolly my last time... as he's nuts.)

but yeah, PHOTOSHOOT!

Thanks guys :) Heheh - new year, new wheels, I reckon it's a pretty cool club :clap:

They're ANZ wheels called Enforcer, apparently only a pretty new wheel and very few sets in Australia, these were actually shipped over from Perth to Melbourne and I made the trip down to Sunshine to get them fitted. Very, very happy with the results - they have turned out far better than I was expecting! :yahoo:

Hahah Tofuboi, it is pretty hard to go any other way than black and gold, plus every other rim I liked wouldn't fit! :P

V'nice Tash...

looks the goods... just needs a 30mm drop now!

Cheers Andy - I think that will have to be one of the next projects heheh

• 3 months later...

Well I've got no pretty pics to update with just yet - although I get LED tails this weekend :yahoo: So I am very stoked about that!!

Anyways it's just more of an update in this space/sussing out general feedback; I'm a bit stuck as to what my next mod will be lol There are a few things on the list I would like to complete by year's end, namely the Ultra Racing rear sway (already have the front strut - spose I should add some pics of that hahah), King Lows and Exhaust. Although I am open to other suggestions/easy things to complete. Unfortunately I'm not flush with cash so it's definitely bit by bit for me.

So, what should come next? :D Although anything else is after the meet in June now. I really want the king lows (and may get Reece's [private_numbers] set) but Nathan (Tofuboi) scraped on my driveway the other night so now I'm not so sure I can go down that path, and I didn't even think my driveway was that bad. But, the set of King Lows for the Aurion is meant to be different to that of the Camry, so maybe I won't have the same problem... Help!

Also, what does everyone think about taking the Camry, Sportivo and VVT-i badges off the rear? And what would be the easiest way to achieve this? Sorry for 20 questions, but it'd be nice to have everyone's feedback/suggestions :D

Well I've got no pretty pics to update with just yet - although I get LED tails this weekend :yahoo: So I am very stoked about that!!

Anyways it's just more of an update in this space/sussing out general feedback; I'm a bit stuck as to what my next mod will be lol There are a few things on the list I would like to complete by year's end, namely the Ultra Racing rear sway (already have the front strut - spose I should add some pics of that hahah), King Lows and Exhaust. Although I am open to other suggestions/easy things to complete. Unfortunately I'm not flush with cash so it's definitely bit by bit for me.

So, what should come next? :D Although anything else is after the meet in June now. I really want the king lows (and may get Reece's [private_numbers] set) but Nathan (Tofuboi) scraped on my driveway the other night so now I'm not so sure I can go down that path, and I didn't even think my driveway was that bad. But, the set of King Lows for the Aurion is meant to be different to that of the Camry, so maybe I won't have the same problem... Help!

Also, what does everyone think about taking the Camry, Sportivo and VVT-i badges off the rear? And what would be the easiest way to achieve this? Sorry for 20 questions, but it'd be nice to have everyone's feedback/suggestions :D

G'day Tash...get the rear sway bar 1st and then springs and yeah debadge is a must,just warm the badges (sunshine/hairdryer) up and get a microfibre cloth some dental floss and some eculyptus oil and away you go.

also just to throw a spanner in the works on your spring decision i still have my old Pedders springs in their original boxes,going cheap for you mate...hmmm just a thought. :D

looks great Tash! to throw in my 2c, i think debadge it, but leave the "camry" badge on.. and with the springs, you may be in a better position than aurion owners as there are probably a good range of shock absorbers to suit your car, if thats the case, definately look at upgrading them with the springs, or else go coilovers.. that the lesson ive learnt by just upgrading my springs..

id say lower it, and learn how to take driveways at angles

Driving into driveways at angles only works if the driveway in question is accessible via such an angle as it would work. But Tash's driveway is neigh on impossible to access from an angle.

Thanks for all the positive replies guys :) Rear sway bar was definitely what I was thinking next so that'll be a goer :D And de-badging, well I'll put that on the list for an upcoming weekend hahah I like the idea of leaving the Camry badge on Davo :)

Lee, depends how cheap is cheap hehehe Would you recommend Pedders?? There is a Pedders here in Bendigo but when the last Camry went there (forget why... think I was checking a cv boot) they led me on a bum steer and listed off all these parts they wanted to replace that didn't need replacing. Wouldn't be adverse to going to Melbourne to get the work done (i.e. fitting new shocks and fitting the springs). Am keen on picking up a set from someone if I can to save some money, think going coilovers is probably overkill for me.

But yeah, am very conflicted over the whole lowering thing and how best to achieve it... Trent, the problem with my driveway is it's solid gutters until the gap that is my drive, then its a slight rise of gravel, meets an asphalt footpath and then slopes downhill onto concrete and evens out again flat. And one side of the driveway is a solid brick wall lol

Am keen on picking up a set from someone if I can to save some money, think going coilovers is probably overkill for me.

But yeah, am very conflicted over the whole lowering thing and how best to achieve it... Trent, the problem with my driveway is it's solid gutters until the gap that is my drive, then its a slight rise of gravel, meets an asphalt footpath and then slopes downhill onto concrete and evens out again flat. And one side of the driveway is a solid brick wall lol

I have a bit of trouble visualizing your driveway Tash :P maybe picture will help..lol do you know what gap or height you can pay with in regards to your driveway?

Coilovers does not automatically mean it will be a harsh ride. You'll be surprised how comfortable coilovers can be; and no, they were not on soft damper settings but on medium. Obviously with coilovers, you can make whatever height you want to; lower it to a point that it doesn't scrape your driveway. :)

In regards to de-badging, I would take everything off except for the 'sportivo' and rear Toyota emblem, because that is what makes your car unique compared to other Camrys! :D

Peter.

Am keen on picking up a set from someone if I can to save some money, think going coilovers is probably overkill for me.

I have a bit of trouble visualizing your driveway Tash :P maybe picture will help..lol do you know what gap or height you can pay with in regards to your driveway?

Coilovers does not automatically mean it will be a harsh ride. You'll be surprised how comfortable coilovers can be; and no, they were not on soft damper settings but on medium. Obviously with coilovers, you can make whatever height you want to; lower it to a point that it doesn't scrape your driveway. :)

In regards to de-badging, I would take everything off except for the 'sportivo' and rear Toyota emblem, because that is what makes your car unique compared to other Camrys! :D

Peter.

Peter.

The driveway is a bit strange.

Excuse the rough mspaint drawing but this is roughly how I remembered it.

post-1181-127431373143_thumb.jpg

Now my Aurion's just sitting on King Springs all round, and Tash and I were in the car only. No additional weight. That's roughly where it touched, along the footpath entering her driveway. With coilovers it would prolly be a better experience as you said, you can adjust the height.

- Nathan

General chit chat is that if you aren't tracking your car regularly you are best off with a decent set of shocks and lowered/superlow springs.

Your camry looks pretty low already (looks to be the same height as mine but I'm on Low springs), so it'd look pretty good hot on some low springs. You'll probably encounter enough scraping issues with lows, let alone superlows.

Cheers for the input guys! I think I'll just go with the King lows and get some new shocks a little later, the rear sway is first on the list so that puts the kings on hold for a couple of months.

You're right Andrew, it is already pretty low at the front, so I'd say with this driveway I am screwed; I will try to take a picture for you at some point Pete but Nathan's MS Paint piccy sums it up pretty well!!

I've picked up my tail lights but am having a couple of dramas in fitting them, auto sparkies want $100 plus to rewire it all, Jaycar reckons I can just snip off the ends and solder it myself, and two people who have fitted them suggest they should just be plug and play, so I am very confused!! Going to send them some pics as well to verify, but here's what the back of them looks like:

IMG_0051.jpg

A view of the rear boot piece - no idea what this red end is supposed to connect to, brake I think. The remaining hole is for the reverse light, but it doesn't fit properly. Getting new T10 globe holders has been mentioned...

IMG_0052.jpg

The two bulbs that belong with the rear boot piece, I think black is the brake light, which is a problem in terms of matching up with the red end coming off the new lights, and the grey bulb is the reverse, which doesn't fit snugly in the hole.

IMG_0055.jpg

And here's the big piece - the indicator isn't a problem, its a direct fit in that spare hole. However, the one for brake and lights connects to the black plug you see here, which isn't a direct fit.

So yeah, any input on that is appreciated too - no friggin idea which way to go to get these suckers in!