LSD for 2ZZ C64 Transmission

i have the jdm mrs helical lsd in my 1zz! if your not making much more power than stock then you wont need it..

1zz or 2zz or doesn't matter?

No difference in cornering?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to get the quaife but the price is steep, almost double that of the Mechanical TRD. I am gonna try and see if I can get hold of the JDM Helical MR-S one. Its seems like a good inbetween option.

I would like to get the quaife but the price is steep, almost double that of the Mechanical TRD. I am gonna try and see if I can get hold of the JDM Helical MR-S one. Its seems like a good inbetween option.

As I said before, it shouldn't be any different to the quaife.

i have the jdm mrs helical lsd in my 1zz! if your not making much more power than stock then you wont need it..

1zz or 2zz or doesn't matter?

No difference in cornering?

the lsds fit in both 1zz and 2zz trans, take off is def quicker but in a stock powered vehicle you wont feel much of a difference.. but if you have the money slip it in when you change the clutch and flywheel while gearbox is out.

I just got a quote for the Toyota LSD today from my local Toyota dealers and got quoted $3800NZD!!!

That is just wacked. How can monkey wrench sell Toyota products cheaper than toyota dealer themselves?

They get parts directly from Japan from individuals that get very good wholesale pricing from Toyota Japan without paying customs tax by undervaluing items when shipping if necessary

I've used both the TRD LSD and the Kaaz LSD, not much difference between them, but the Kaaz is a much better made and stronger unit.

Kaaz LSD with Kaaz short ratio gearbox and C-One final drive = :wub:

Shotgun! :lol:

I need to find you the video Mr Dave of the 2ltr 2ZZ with the short ratio box as per above, screaming along River Road in Kowen Forest ACT :wub::wub::wub:

Its change your pants type stuff :yahoo:

I got a price here in today from Toyota for the OEM TOYOTA MR-S LSD which should fit in the Sportivo.

It was R 8800. Approx R 2000 cheaper than the Quaife. I'm gonna order this LSD. Its helical - so no maintenance and its slightly cheaper than the Quiafe.

Will I need any other parts besides the OEM TOYOTA LSD. Seals, Bearings?

Thanks.

I got a price here in today from Toyota for the OEM TOYOTA MR-S LSD which should fit in the Sportivo.

It was R 8800. Approx R 2000 cheaper than the Quaife. I'm gonna order this LSD. Its helical - so no maintenance and its slightly cheaper than the Quiafe.

Thanks.

Might want to replace the taper differential bearings and axle seals but if you are leaving it to Toyota to install, they should be able to fix it all up.

Do you happen to have the part number for that?

Question, any advantages of having an even shorter ratio gearbox?

I thought the toyota one is short enough already.....

Thanks.

Might want to replace the taper differential bearings and axle seals but if you are leaving it to Toyota to install, they should be able to fix it all up.

Do you happen to have the part number for that?

Is that the Monkeywrench Toyota LSD install kit which includes two taper differential bearings and two axle seals? So I should be buying this kit if I was to buy any LSD right?

Question, any advantages of having an even shorter ratio gearbox?

I thought the toyota one is short enough already.....

Short? :lol:

The standard gear ratios are appalling. The shorter gear set is fantastic, car feels completely different with it in.

Of course, this is on a racing car. Short ratio box and LSD is overkill for a street car, and would make it a dog of a think to drive on the highway.

sorry DZ not sure, tho the pics look good :lol: lol it says 5speed, will it fit our 6sp? *n00b*

this is the from the mwr site

This is the helical limited slip differential that is available in the Japanese market (JDM) Toyota Celica and 03+ Mr2 Spyder.

It fits:

00-05 MR2 Spyder 5-spd and SMT

00-05 Toyota Celica GT and GTS 5- and 6-spd

03-08 Toyota Corolla 5- and 6-spd

03-08 Matrix/Vibe 5- and 6-spd

Lotus Elise and Exige 2ZZ - All

I guess there is no point crying over spilt milk.