Chance to vent about idiotic drivers

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumb Saab 9-3 Sport Combi driver last night in dural.

Kept moving into the "lane ends" road just to overtake people.

He ended up tailgating a merc (who was doing a pretty decent speed)

At the next roundabout, the Saab driver suddenly cut into the left turn lane

and attempted to overtake the Merc on the left - to go straight.

Merc driver probably got fed up with the tailgating gives his car a boot,

Saab driver refuses to give up though and swerved in to the breakdown lane but had to give up eventually

as Mr Merc wasn't taking any ****.

I ****ted myself laughing because the dumb Saab driver was taking on an AMG C63..LOL..

Didn't know his own strength...

• 2 weeks later...

A Korean student at the wheel of a car that reached 213kmh moments before it crashed, killing one passenger and seriously injuring another, has been jailed for 16 months.

Killer driver gets 16 months

213km & 1 dead and a serious injury = 16mths jail,what a freakin joke,should have got 5yrs and out in 3-4yrs with good behavoir and never be able to hold an Aussie drivers license ever again. :angry:

wonder what an Australian would recieve in Korea for the same offence. :unsure:

thats the car accident couple of months ago on the stretch of road where i drive every week... 16 months for that, i got told the driver is partially paralised...

thats the car accident couple of months ago on the stretch of road where i drive every week... 16 months for that, i got told the driver is partially paralised...

Couple of months ago? I need whatever time-speeding-up device you have. That was nearly a year ago that happened.

Driving habits that ***** me off

1) Going X km/h in an X+20 km/h zone

2) Failing to indicate when merging

3) Failing to indicate when changing lanes

4) Failing to indicate when turning into a sidestreet

5) Failing to indicate when entering and/or exiting a roundabout

6) Actually indicating when turning into a sidestreet but leaving it until they are _actually_ turning

7) Turning into a sidestreet but not pulling over into the shoulder/turning lane fully, thus making the left-hand lane slow to a crawl for no reason

8) People who can't keep left

9) People who sit side-by-side on the speed limit on a two lane road with little other traffic, FFS slow down or speed up and get in the left lane

10) Failing to turn off indicator after making a gentle corner

11) Driving with fog-lights during daylight/non-foggy hours

12) Driving with HIGH BEAMS on during daylight hours/at night in traffic)

13) Tailgating

The list goes on. I probably see 80% of that list every single day on the way to and from work. I swear Newcastle drivers have got to be close to the worst in the state, if not the country. And before Sydney people say that their drivers are worse, come up here and experience Newcastle drivers.....you'll be surprised how curteous and skilled the average Sydney driver is in comparison

I never indicate when leaving a roundabout...if I'm going left or right I will but other wise nope... are you ment to indicate when going straight?? dosnt make sense.. I always give way to my right on a roundabout...

Meant to indicate out when going straight or right but majority don't do it

in SA you only have to indicate when leaving a laned roundabout. In a one laned one you only need to indicate when you turn left or right ... different in other states. I believe eastern states are indicate regardless.

Came accross a TOOL in Brisbane the other week driving on the highway. he pulled out of a carpark/sidestreet, can remember. Normally I would let people in if I can but I was being tailgated so I couldnt slow down. He decided to pull out infront of me with no notice (From a standing start) - I was doing 100 Km/h. Slammed the brakes on and ended up aprox 2 metres from his drivers door. HE ABUSED ME!

I hate tailgaters the most ...

When ever I see these asses, I slow down diliberately

I usaully flash my hazard lights or brakes lights to tell them to backoff...If they don't I then slow down to increase my following distance from the car in front of me (if theres one) so if he stops I've gotmore time to stop slower and hopefully avoid the **** behind ending up in my boot!!

Depending on how much they are annoying me, there are a few different things I do. Either I press my brake pedal just enough to get the brake light to come on while I accelerate forward. Usually this increases the distance between us pretty quick since I accelerate forward and they brake. Then if they continue to tail me again, I do the same but once I get a little bit forward, I actually apply the brakes and slow down a bit. They usually come accelerating towards me thinking I'm just doing what I did before. This usually gets them as they have to hit their brakes quick. Gotta make sure you can accelerate out of this situation though.

By that time they usually get the point or are that annoyed that they move to the other lane or something. After that I just put my car into 3rd or 4th depending on the speed we're going at and I travel at the speed limit (high revs), then every so often I just let go of the accelerator so I get a fair bit of engine braking and this usually annoys them as well cause I'm slowing down all of a sudden without brake lights coming on. I'll usually combine this one with my windscreen washers to add to the annoyance.

Yup, these don't really solve the problem, but if you tail me, I'm going to annoy you in return.

Here Here...Thats what comprehensive insurance is for ... slam the brakes on and if they hit you get a new car :)

i've already had my vent about a certain supra driver.. who kicked my mirror and ended up smashing his car. sometimes bad things just happen wen you least suspect it :angry: