Chance to vent about idiotic drivers

to the idiot who wouldn't let me merge into one lane this morning.... there is no need to swear and give me the middle finger for merging into one lane if I AM IN FRONT, don't drive up to the other cars bumper you w**ker oh and yeah next time i'll just let you run into the back of me if u wanna tail gate. stupid canberra drivers.

Matt

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thread! Most of my annoyances have been mentioned but, people that will pass you and sit next to you when 2 lanes turn to one, you are in front by a bit and they think they have right of way???? Also people who hog the short overtaking lanes we have up here on the Bruce highway.

and also bus drivers! i dont know about other states, but the law in victoria requires cars to give way to buses exiting from bus stops. while this in theory sounds great as they can run on time, it doesnt mean they can merge into traffic already doing 70km/h with 2 indicator flashes notice!!! i

Same in all states. They MUST indicate for no less than 5 seconds, be displaying the giveaway to bus sign and if the zone is more than 80km/h it no longer applies, and they must give way to you.

Being originally from Queanbeyan for good part of 19 years of my life, I too also think 99% of canberra drivers are ******en *****'ouse.

you need to chase them to your territory that has your crew in it so you and your home dogs can teach them a lesson.

I never indicate when leaving a roundabout...if I'm going left or right I will but other wise nope... are you ment to indicate when going straight?? dosnt make sense.. I always give way to my right on a roundabout...

When entering the roundabout, you indicate left if going left (and in the left lane), nothing if you are going straight ahead (left or right lane), and right if you are going right or all the way around the roundabout (right lane, note this is assuming a normal 4-way two-lane roundabout). Most people get this right.

When you pass the exit BEFORE the one you are going to take, you cancel whatever indicator you have on and then indicate left to tell the people waiting to enter the roundabout that you are about to exit. This is what most people fail to do, because the law was brought in after the majority of them got their license.

so this is the thread where all the suburben camry/tarago owner, soccer mums are posting........ so some one cut you off, big deal!!

If i see you round i'll be sure to tailgate on your a** with high beams on

• 2 weeks later...
so this is the thread where all the suburben camry/tarago owner, soccer mums are posting........ so some one cut you off, big deal!!

:clap: no coment

:clap: no coment

good on ya hero.

I hate tailgaters the most ...

When ever I see these asses, I slow down diliberately

I usaully flash my hazard lights or brakes lights to tell them to backoff...If they don't I then slow down to increase my following distance from the car in front of me (if theres one) so if he stops I've gotmore time to stop slower and hopefully avoid the **** behind ending up in my boot!!

I hate tailgaters the most ...

When ever I see these asses, I slow down diliberately

I usaully flash my hazard lights or brakes lights to tell them to backoff...If they don't I then slow down to increase my following distance from the car in front of me (if theres one) so if he stops I've gotmore time to stop slower and hopefully avoid the **** behind ending up in my boot!!

Depending on how much they are annoying me, there are a few different things I do. Either I press my brake pedal just enough to get the brake light to come on while I accelerate forward. Usually this increases the distance between us pretty quick since I accelerate forward and they brake. Then if they continue to tail me again, I do the same but once I get a little bit forward, I actually apply the brakes and slow down a bit. They usually come accelerating towards me thinking I'm just doing what I did before. This usually gets them as they have to hit their brakes quick. Gotta make sure you can accelerate out of this situation though.

By that time they usually get the point or are that annoyed that they move to the other lane or something. After that I just put my car into 3rd or 4th depending on the speed we're going at and I travel at the speed limit (high revs), then every so often I just let go of the accelerator so I get a fair bit of engine braking and this usually annoys them as well cause I'm slowing down all of a sudden without brake lights coming on. I'll usually combine this one with my windscreen washers to add to the annoyance.

Yup, these don't really solve the problem, but if you tail me, I'm going to annoy you in return.

Pricks who don't look where they are going and pull straight out infront of me!! My poor baby is off the road now, prolly will be a month or 2 before she's back and running cos of this.

Edited by Camry95

Well, I usually fend of Tailgaters, just by ****** them off, the more they tail gate the more i drive lesser than the Speed Limit, then when they go to over take, I try and match their speed... (Obviously, they will rage) which is why I have a audio system, so when they come by, all they hear is THUMP THUMP THUMP :)

Yeah, I know I'm a guy with lots of stupid idea's, but I swear at the time, it is always the best thinking.

Also, since my mates also have family silver car's, we usually, just take on the first person to cut one of us off, like this one time, a Taxi was meant to go straight, because he was on the right lane, instead he turned left, in front of me, at the traffic lights, so me and the other two silver cars, just boxed this taxi, and brought him down to 40K/M on a 80K/M road :) it was funny, and Yes I was in the front, but luckily, before we boxed him in, I had my plate number covered :) (It was covered because we did some stupid **** before I got cut off)

Well, I usually fend of Tailgaters, just by ****** them off, the more they tail gate the more i drive lesser than the Speed Limit, then when they go to over take, I try and match their speed... (Obviously, they will rage) which is why I have a audio system, so when they come by, all they hear is THUMP THUMP THUMP :)

Yeah, I know I'm a guy with lots of stupid idea's, but I swear at the time, it is always the best thinking.

Also, since my mates also have family silver car's, we usually, just take on the first person to cut one of us off, like this one time, a Taxi was meant to go straight, because he was on the right lane, instead he turned left, in front of me, at the traffic lights, so me and the other two silver cars, just boxed this taxi, and brought him down to 40K/M on a 80K/M road :) it was funny, and Yes I was in the front, but luckily, before we boxed him in, I had my plate number covered :) (It was covered because we did some stupid **** before I got cut off)

poster44660520.jpg

people who have no courtesy **** me. even if they are abiding by all laws, it pisses me off when youre stopped in the right lane behind a car turning right with traffic moving in the left lane. you start to indicate left to go around the car, and even though you were there for much longer than everyone behind you (and were indicating for longer), they always cut you off to pull out first at the smallest break in traffic. and then by the time the traffic clears, the traffic lights go red again.

Edited by lateralus

people who have no courtesy **** me. even if they are abiding by all laws, it pisses me off when youre stopped in the right lane behind a car turning right with traffic moving in the left lane. you start to indicate left to go around the car, and even though you were there for much longer than everyone behind you (and were indicating for longer), they always cut you off to pull out first at the smallest break in traffic. and then by the time the traffic clears, the traffic lights go red again.

Man, that happens to me all the time as well and it sure annoys me as well. It's like the whole situation when you are standing in line at the shops and it's really long and you are about 4 people from the checkout. Then the checkout next to you opens and everyone from behind you moves there and get served before you. Seriously, does anyone have any courtesy these days to those that were clearly waiting before you?

And while on that topic, when you are in peak hour traffic at an intersection waiting to merge into the flow of traffic. Usually you get the times when every second car lets one merge in, and everything flows really nicely. But then you get the times when people are just so inconsiderate that they don't slow down that slightest amount to let anyone in, or they bunch up real tight so they block the intersection.

Been raining over here in Wellywood for the whole weekend...Monday morning comes round and surprise surprise there's a 5 car pile because people weren't increasing their following distances. Luckily no one was hurt but hopefully all involved learnt a lesson. Any bets???

^ Good one there. I'm surprised this guy hasn't been written off yet.

I wonder too, I think it's because I'm NOT THAT reckless, I just cause others to have fail's... well try to do that...

& I'm always out during the hours where everyone is sleeping, so less chance of crashing into another car.

What squeezes my nuts is when drivers cant reverse park. Im not fussed if they take their time ... but what really gets me is when they cant park in the middle of their allocated space.

Their tyres on on or over the yellow line - intruding into the next spot.

Like ffs!! .. how is the next person supposed to park there? and if I am the one that parks there, the chances of noob drivers like that scratching your paint is highly ...

/rant

i know they can't help it, but one thing i've started to notice lately is motorcycles with xenon headlamps or hid's. they bloody well ***** me, as you can see the motorcycle behind you with the headlight on bouncing around all over the place because it can't keep level with the amount of bumps they feel. it's very distracting!

I'm always out during the hours where everyone is sleeping, so less chance of crashing into another car.

but twice as likely to have a single vehicle accident....

the number one thing that S**** me is people who drive along a two way highway say from canbera to yass (for those of you who arnt where im from its a two way for most of the 1 hour drive) and they go 80kmh in a 100 zone wich is annoying but it is worse when they put the foot down as you go to overtake them, hence yelling abuse and a toot of the horn is what i do to let out my frustration. no i dont road rage but dont take crap from bad drivers

the second thing that annoyes me is when your at an intersection or traffic lights and its peak hour and they sit there beeping at you and give you gestures to hurry up.. the soloution, pt your car in reverse for them to see the reverse lights on and roll back a bit just to let them no they are ar**holes

the third is the lack of indicators when your waiting at an intersection or roundabout. for example if your waiting at a roundabout and there is traffic on comming from the opposite way heading straight then you should be able to go but people who cant drive sometimes turn right on the roundabout without indicating... for those of you who got what i just said you will understand this can end up in a t-bone

I'm always out during the hours where everyone is sleeping, so less chance of crashing into another car.

but twice as likely to have a single vehicle accident....

I was going to say. The power poles don't leave the road at night.