Chance to vent about idiotic drivers

I'm going to revive this thread because this school holidays have really brought some crazy drivers back onto the road and I'm sure others would like to vent.

Another one to add to the list are those that merge onto a road (ie. pulling out of a street or driveway) while you are approaching and fail to accelerate to match the speed of the flowing traffic. This results in you having to brake heavily or change lanes to avoid them. Some people just have no sense.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a van pull out in front of me on Burwood highway the other day during busy traffic then just stop in the middle of my lane - car next to me in the middle lane so couldn't swerve - just slammed on the brakes and managed to stop with no more than about 3cm from the side. was a P-plater newbie driving a large van for the first time for a job.

I think I was just lucky that I saw him early enough to slam on the brakes.

If people are going to pull out, at least look what is coming!

Edited by dave262

Having "road work ahead" signs and parked police cars and 40kph signs for like a kilometre and by the time you get to the supposed road works, there is only a parked truck on the side of the road, not even within metres of the shoulder and no workers to be found. No wonder road works take weeks to complete and the state budgets are tight. The council should fire all mangers and supervisors and get whip crackers in...and upper management for letting it get this way to start with.

Europe. overtaking. Not very unusual there, but worth to watch to compare. Drivers on the right lane usually move to emergency lane, to let it pass.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!
Edited by avstral

Europe. overtaking. Not very unusual there, but worth to watch to compare. Drivers on the right lane usually move to emergency lane, to let it pass.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Wow thats so dangerous :o ...seems we are a bit more civilized on the roads in Australia,thank god.

wow.. where do i start?? ok the ONE HATE i have, and some perth drivers may feel the same way, heres the situation:'

freeway entry at Powis street, heading south towards the city.

The lane on the far right is for people who want to enter the freeway, the two lanes to the left are for people who want to go straight.

every morning, busy peak period, there is a line banked up in the right hand lane, all doing the right thing, blinkers on, waiting at the lights.

some dumb idiot(s) decide to pull up in the left hand lane, and decide to floor it in order to push into the right hand lane to enter the freeway ahead of the people who are in the correct lane... this really ****s me, and i make it a point to not let the people in if there up next to me, as well as a good ol hand gesture.

this happens everyday on my way to work and ****s me to no end.

end rant]

some dumb idiot(s) decide to pull up in the left hand lane, and decide to floor it in order to push into the right hand lane to enter the freeway ahead of the people who are in the correct lane... this really ****s me, and i make it a point to not let the people in if there up next to me, as well as a good ol hand gesture.

This is similar to the situation that I come across often as well as stated on the first page:

Speaking of which, I REALLY hate the ones that squeeze all the way to the end of a merging lane then push across expecting to be let it. They really push as well, so much so that if you don't hit your brakes, they'll just merge into you.

Except... people here don't seem to care about their car and if you don't let them in, they will just keep on moving till they will probably hit you. I've had people come that close that you could measure the distance between their car and yours with a finger or two.

I'm going to revive this thread because this school holidays have really brought some crazy drivers back onto the road and I'm sure others would like to vent.

Another one to add to the list are those that merge onto a road (ie. pulling out of a street or driveway) while you are approaching and fail to accelerate to match the speed of the flowing traffic. This results in you having to brake heavily or change lanes to avoid them. Some people just have no sense.

-or those that are in such a rush to cut out in front of you from a side street only to drive slow once they're ahead of you..

-Idiots who are lost and using their gps but are driving at like 5kph and dont know what they're doing (PULL OVER AND LET TRAFFIC PAST)

-Im not a p plater but a few of my mates are, one of them crashed his car as this old woman decided to turn right at the last moment without using indicators as he was turning right, so he swerved and ended up in someones front lawn...cops cames, the lady said that it was her own fault and she most likely caused the accident AND YET MY MATE STILL COPS THE BLAME AND THE POINTS, the cops still saying it was his fault even AFTER the lady admitted she caused it.

-People forgetting to put there lights on at night!!!!

-People who dont give a wave or a thankyou after you let them in.

Of course road rage is on the rise, i myself give up and just skitz it at everyone now. telling people to get f'ed if they dont give a thanks and honk the horn until they realise. ( best bit is to drive up next to them abusing them, they freak out and keep their head forward.lolmight learn for next time )

Edited by CME-LFT

one thing that really bugged me this morning on the way to work...

passed through a construction Zone with signs everywhere that says "80" then after its back to 100, but as i was sitting in the right-hand lane, i could not change lane cause of traffic in the left lane, and i have a big 4WD thing behind me, so after its became 100, i have just smoothly accelerated, and dipsh*t is still right on my tail, so i am like, 'that's it' match this, so a quick brake test, then onto boost, and just legged it, he had no hope then :P no match for an sc'ed 1zz XD

But tailgaters are the worst <_<

another thing with tailgaters, when you try to accelerate to get away from them, they deliberately try to keep up.

F****en tailgaters :angry:

Evo

Of course road rage is on the rise, i myself just skitz it at everyone now!

Fixed :P but apparently, i am the same... angry drivers are usually the best drivers XD

Evo

I hate drivers who tailgate when in left lane especially during heavy traffic... we ain't going to go any faster anyway...

I also hate drivers who stop with only 1m or less behind me when on a hill in traffic...

Oh haha tailgaters in car parks especially multistory ones... My work is one classic example. People speeding through and also collecting pedestrians and other cars... I swear speed bumps were invented to slow them down... but I guess not.

People who go to a paid parking lot, and drive up to the boom gates to leave...but they never paid for the ticket.

Story goes like this, was in a busy paid parking lot in an asian shopping strip near my area. Some 30+ year old lady in a merc rolled up to the boomgate. she inserted her card and it rejected it. she did this for a few minutes (which seemed longer as me and my mate were getting restless and also the 5+ cars behind us. At this point we figured she didnt pay for the card). After that, she gave up..and started putting coins into the same slot she previously inserted her card. she insisted on doing this for another couple of minuts before trying to attempt to put her unpaid card back in the slot with no luck. She then pulled out notes and tried doing the same thing before she called security where they had to run in the shopping complex and pay for her card for her.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Foglights.

No, foglights in perfect visibility don't make you look hawwt, mr. knobjockey. They mother******ing blind people and you shouldn't have them on anyway.

i tend to disagree with that. although i dont think the bogans in their commodores with misaligned repco style diy foggies are cool, i dont see what all the fuss is about. i've been in cars both high off the ground and low on the ground, and foggies dont bother me in either day or night - not one bit. i honestly dont see what all the fuss is about?

if anything, people with aftermarket hid's are worse. now theyre blinding!

Foglights.

No, foglights in perfect visibility don't make you look hawwt, mr. knobjockey. They mother******ing blind people and you shouldn't have them on anyway.

i tend to disagree with that. although i dont think the bogans in their commodores with misaligned repco style diy foggies are cool, i dont see what all the fuss is about. i've been in cars both high off the ground and low on the ground, and foggies dont bother me in either day or night - not one bit. i honestly dont see what all the fuss is about?

if anything, people with aftermarket hid's are worse. now theyre blinding!

I agree that HIDs are even worse. I've been blinded from the other side of median strips because of them.

I still say that foglight usage during perfectly clear nights should be clamped down on. I find them extremely distracting in my rear view - and I know I'm not the only one. Granted, it's typically some ****** driving an SS ute who's bordering on tailgating, but also 4WD vehicles particularly.

i have my foglights on during the day :) i think it adds class lmao...

o and i got HID's ( only on at night, not one of those day people), sometimes peeps high beam me, i highbeam back, ive aimed them lower too and havnt got a flash since but i dont drive to give courtesy to others, they dont care about me, why should i care about them, sure i obey the rules and let people merge infront of me, they give a wave thanx, i feel better, i give a wave back when i get let in...

i dont stay in the fast lane while going slow, i stick to the left or right at the speed limit, but i see it all the time, i fly past peeeps even tho im not in the fast lane, and doing the limit, and i see people right up their a*S and think they should get in the slow lane...

i dont drive to give courtesy to others, they dont care about me, why should i care about them

I would think because it's irrelevant to your own behaviour whether everyone else on the road is an idiot. For example, it would be a bit foolish to stick to a principle whereby you speed only because everybody else does. You're free to choose.

i dont stay in the fast lane while going slow, i stick to the left or right at the speed limit, but i see it all the time, i fly past peeeps even tho im not in the fast lane, and doing the limit, and i see people right up their a*S and think they should get in the slow lane...

I'm glad that you do give some courtesy to other drivers.

I'm not having a go at you mate, I just wish that public roads would stop being thought of as individuals' personal expressways.

i dont drive to give courtesy to others, they dont care about me, why should i care about them

I do agree with this. SUVs are blinding much more then fog lights and HIDs, yet they exist even on suburban streets.

This does my head in :( ...people that slam on the brakes for an amber light and pull up just in time or even have to reverse back a little because their over the lines,and they would have made it thru the intersection safely anyway.

Bloody cyclists, and the w@nkers that don't know how to safely overtake them.

Why the bloody hell should cyclists be allowed to ride 2 abreast? That means that 1 of them is riding up the middle of the lane, and on single-lane roads, drivers either can't overtake, or have to travel at 10km/h until the oncoming lane is clear of traffic!

Then you get the 1 cyclist who is on his own, but he rides up the middle of the lane instead of as far to the left as possible.

And then theres the drivers. I actually had to pull over to the kerb this arvo to make way for an oncoming car who, while overtaking a cyclist riding up the middle of the lane, crossed over by all but his passenger side mirror into my lane!

just had a guy today wouldnt let me merge into the right lane as it was ending, stopped at the lights and half the body of my car was already in and he still manage to get in and luckily i braked instead accelerating or otherwise my poor baby would've been in the repair shop. I was soo ****** off lol, just gave him a clapped at the next red lights :)