Chance to vent about idiotic drivers

Everyday I commute into work and back and come across a whole bunch of wheet-bix box licence drivers. I'm sure everyone does...this is your chance to vent about the people on the roads who just make you want to despair for the future of driving kind.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KEEP TO THE LEFT!!!!!! :angry: :angry:

And i wish people would learn how to merge...... And just concentrate on what they are doing, because after all we drivn 1500kg killing machines.

Your license is not a RIGHT its a PRIVILEGE....

to the donkey in that huge b-double on springvale rd, 2-3 times i've seen this idiot wandering into 2 lanes and sure enough when i get past and have a look back your on the phone(not handsfree)and eating a freakin burger or sandwich, driving 60 plus tonne vehicle at about 80-90kms steering with ya elbows and i bet ya got a drink happening in there aswell somewhere,keep up the good work champ, ya got my vote for australian of the year. :spiteful:

I saw some videos on the local TV news the other day that amazed me. A lot of them are probably on YouTube. Some idiot was reading a large hardback novel on his steering wheel while driving. A woman was talking on her phone holding it with one hand while making gestures with the other. Another clown was wolfing down a huge cheesburger while driving and a woman was applying eye makeup in the mirror. Scary.

Dont even get me started...

1: People who sit at 60-70 in a bloody 100 zone!

2: people who cant merge.

3: people who wander into other lanes with no notice...

4: ones who dont give way. (happened to me twice. almost hit the **** prick!(bashed him up-hit))

5: Road rage drivers... happened to me once, plenty of room to change lanes, the **** sped up and tapped my bumper!!! lets just say i was out of there quicker than two rabbits in mating season...

6: people who dont bother to see if they have a headlight/taillight out. my most personal pet hate.

7: people who ride their brakes for no reason at all!!!

OMG. I could just go on forever with stuff like this. Pretty much every single time I go out driving I come across crap drivers, and nearly all of the things mentioned above.

My pet hate are just ones that just stay in the right lane holding everyone up. Even when there have come to a point where they can easily move into the left lane and they still don't. Everyone else then overtakes them in the left lane and they still don't get the point.

I have a whole list of things, but just bringing it up adds some extra stress.

One thing I notice a lot of as well are people that have their mobile on speaker phone while driving, but you can see them hold the phone close to their face because they can't hear it. It completely defeats the purpose. Do they really think that doing that is legal when compared to holding it up to your ear when not on speaker phone?

Seriously, drivers are just getting worse and worse. It's shocking. And all this talk about speeding, on many roads I drive especially the highway, I can be going 10-15km/h over the limit and that is just to keep up with a majority of the traffic.

I find the worst road for slow asses in the right lane is the M7...

They stay in the right lane and don't move out of the way, and then you've got trucks in the left lane so you're stuck there...

What idiot designed it to be only 2 lanes anyway??? LOL...

What annoys me is that nearly every time there is a big accident where there are multiple deaths , its out in the middle of nowhere , either idiot young drivers speeding and losing control or the result of tired drivers in head on accidents.

Yet , we are penalised for the recklessness and stupidity of these morons in suburbia , with speed cameras in areas where the risk of a serious accident is zero to none.

Driving habits that ***** me off

1) Going X km/h in an X+20 km/h zone

2) Failing to indicate when merging

3) Failing to indicate when changing lanes

4) Failing to indicate when turning into a sidestreet

5) Failing to indicate when entering and/or exiting a roundabout

6) Actually indicating when turning into a sidestreet but leaving it until they are _actually_ turning

7) Turning into a sidestreet but not pulling over into the shoulder/turning lane fully, thus making the left-hand lane slow to a crawl for no reason

8) People who can't keep left

9) People who sit side-by-side on the speed limit on a two lane road with little other traffic, FFS slow down or speed up and get in the left lane

10) Failing to turn off indicator after making a gentle corner

11) Driving with fog-lights during daylight/non-foggy hours

12) Driving with HIGH BEAMS on during daylight hours/at night in traffic)

13) Tailgating

The list goes on. I probably see 80% of that list every single day on the way to and from work. I swear Newcastle drivers have got to be close to the worst in the state, if not the country. And before Sydney people say that their drivers are worse, come up here and experience Newcastle drivers.....you'll be surprised how curteous and skilled the average Sydney driver is in comparison

People that dont give a thank you gesture when you let them in

Yeah, that really annoys me as well.

Speaking of which, I REALLY hate the ones that squeeze all the way to the end of a merging lane then push across expecting to be let it. They really push as well, so much so that if you don't hit your brakes, they'll just merge into you.

People that dont give a thank you gesture when you let them in

How about the ones who force their way in front of you and then wave thanks? Like you had a choice.

when drivers on the outer lane entering a two lane roundabout drives through both lanes not knowing.

or those f*** idiots that cant obey road markings on dual lane round about.. it says LEFT / STRAIGHT.. and they decides to turn RIGHT.... (on the wrong lane)

a lot of my heats have been summed up in above posts. but i really hate morons in commodores with crappy aftermarket exhausts tailgating you and tapping the throttle hard every few seconds.

melbourne drivers can identify with this - 2 lane road at about 4.15pm with a clearway and people still parked there, while the right lane is a tram lane with an idiot tram driver doing 30km/h in a 60km/h zone.

and also bus drivers! i dont know about other states, but the law in victoria requires cars to give way to buses exiting from bus stops. while this in theory sounds great as they can run on time, it doesnt mean they can merge into traffic already doing 70km/h with 2 indicator flashes notice!!! i almost had a very serious accident once because of this, probably wouldnt be talking here if the car coming from the opposite direction was another 20m closer

Edited by lateralus

Aha lets take some steam out

> Elderly Drivers Who Do X amount Under the X amount speed limit

> Green Light means GO!

> Green to Amber instance does not mean SLAM YOUR BREAKS

> Look BEFORE you merge

> Idiots that Tail Gate Bikers

> Old and Annoying 40+ year olds that Stereo Type all P platers as Hoons.

> Dob in a hoon law... Come on its like kindy Garden

> Woman Who Put Make Up On while driving... how is that NOT illegal yet me answering my phone on Loud speaker is?

> last one > Those idiots that sit side by side with you no matter what speed your doing and no matter how much you slow down... just so you cant merge into there lane.

> last one > Those idiots that sit side by side with you no matter what speed your doing and no matter how much you slow down... just so you cant merge into there lane.

Or those ones that your following and they are going slow (could be left or right lane), then when you go to the other lane to overtake them, they speed up.

Or those ones that your following and they are going slow (could be left or right lane), then when you go to the other lane to overtake them, they speed up.

>< dont you wish you could chuck your Monkey Wrench At them

Also Idiots That Stick To The Left lane and do 10km under the speed limit... Because driving Slowly never killed... But Driving Fast Has o.O'

roadrage72_7.jpg

6) Actually indicating when turning into a sidestreet but leaving it until they are _actually_ turning

7) Turning into a sidestreet but not pulling over into the shoulder/turning lane fully, thus making the left-hand lane slow to a crawl for no reason

9) People who sit side-by-side on the speed limit on a two lane road with little other traffic, FFS slow down or speed up and get in the left lane

13) Tailgating

The list goes on. I probably see 80% of that list every single day on the way to and from work. I swear Newcastle drivers have got to be close to the worst in the state, if not the country. And before Sydney people say that their drivers are worse, come up here and experience Newcastle drivers.....you'll be surprised how curteous and skilled the average Sydney driver is in comparison

I never indicate when leaving a roundabout...if I'm going left or right I will but other wise nope... are you ment to indicate when going straight?? dosnt make sense.. I always give way to my right on a roundabout...

add people who ride up your a** in a one lane road even though theres a car infront of you and your already going at the speed limit

damn straight..that really pees me off...(peas me off??)

13) Tailgating

I never indicate when leaving a roundabout...if I'm going left or right I will but other wise nope... are you ment to indicate when going straight?? dosnt make sense.. I always give way to my right on a roundabout...

Meant to indicate out when going straight or right but majority don't do it