uk sportivo (tsport) on nitrous oxide

I don't know if you guys are able to use nitrous oxide on the road but I thought that it may be of interest to some of you what I have been fitting to my motor recently.

engine is aprox 205bhp NA (induction, ported intake, ported header, 2.5in exhaust) and I run 75bhp progressive Wizards Of NOS on top of that, boy is it fun :)

Because free advertising doesnt hurt anyone...

IMG_0055.jpg

the pulsoides, pipes and fogger right next to the throttle body, any further back and the angle is wrong and it just floods the walls.

IMG_0051.jpg

Minimax taking care of business

IMG_0058.jpg

And the bottle, 5lb, not heated at present but I have a heater to go in, just need new pressure switch (soon!)

IMG_0041.jpg

As for performance, this is the on nitrous power against the stock power (pre breathing mods), its not 100% accurate but gives a very good illustration as to the difference this system makes to performance, it is quite simply breath taking.

estimatedengineoutputwithprogcon-1.jpg

Any comments / questions are more than welcome

:)

dyno doesnt look real to me - you showed pics of the exhaust you done but nothing on the ported header and intake so i call bs on them! or riceboy as we call you on 9thgen!!

the percentage gains look to be pretty similar to another sportivo with NOS in Australia, it makes 200hp ATW with a 75shot and powerfc.

so what's was the point then? and thanks for not posting pics - BS confirmed!

What is it exactly that you want photos of? You did say:

you showed pics of the exhaust you done but nothing on the ported header and intake so i call bs on them! or riceboy as we call you on 9thgen!!

Is it the ported headers and intake that you are after photos of? We have a NOS installation here and that's all you are concerned about?

If it's the NOS setup that you are after photos of, he has actually posted them up before. The pictures aren't on the server anymore, but it has been seen.

AE and Jeremy, there is quite simply no way in hell I am taking the manifolds off again just to take some photos of the insides, that would take WAY to long.

I dont ask people to believe me, I couldn't care less what your childish thoughts are, I posted these pictures of my nitrous installation as I know it is not something common in Aus and thought some members may be interested to see what is out there for their cars.

Thanks to those of you who appreciated my input, for you I will get a REAL dyno put up as soon as I can and also try to get a short video. This will not be until after June 25th tho as that is when I next get paid!!!

Hey MR,

I appreciate you having put up pics of your N20 install now and in the past. Your dyno pic above looks like it has been corrected to crank horsepower. If so, I don't see what is wrong with this. Perhaps a bit of explanation for some might clear things up in future? I would like to see a real dyno though, as I am concerned of how hard a 75 shot comes on and what this will do to the gearbox.

Cheers, Gav.

chicaboo, here in the UK it is typical to record dyno results as corrected crank figures so yes, the graph is crank hp.

I will be on a rolling road later this month (when I get paid!) and will ask for whp rather than crank.

as for how strong the nitrous comes on, that is not a concern as the progressive controller means that when the nitrous is activated only 40% (about 40hp) extra is added, this is then ramped up to the full 100%/75bhp over a 3 second period, this helps greatly reduce the initial stress the car is put under. I dare say 75hp in one hit would be too much for the car, either clutch slip, traction issues or worse mechanical failure.

BS just like i said - you took pics of every other riceboy mod so why not of the manifolds you claimed to have ported :rolleyes: i'm not childish i just hate liars - many forums ask you to prove your work if pics arent supplied as all forum userds take pics of their mods. i've done my manifolds myself and was proud of the fact and took pictures - the same as everyone elso who's done their own. and yes a simulated dyno is pointless

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...c=97400&hl=

BS just like i said - you took pics of every other riceboy mod so why not of the manifolds you claimed to have ported :rolleyes: i'm not childish i just hate liars - many forums ask you to prove your work if pics arent supplied as all forum userds take pics of their mods. i've done my manifolds myself and was proud of the fact and took pictures - the same as everyone elso who's done their own. and yes a simulated dyno is pointless

Sounds like you've got a case of sour grapes...

Not everyone takes pics of all the mods they do. I do a ton of stuff I dont take pictures of simply because I CBF stopping work midway through modifications to go find a camera and take pics.

It's extremely easy to get your throttle body and headers ported, it's not rocket surgery :P I'm amazed you're not having a cry that he's not shown you pictures of inside the intake where the jet sits.

The crank-corrected dyno figures look accurate to me.

Edited by CHA54

the stock hp figures are 100% accurate, I took the data direct from my last rolling road session, the nitrous figures are the ones I simulated to give a visual idea as to how the power is delivered, not to show the actual output. simply to try illustrate the smooth delivery a bit better than words could do.

as for photos, no, i dont take pics of everything, the only camera i have is on my iphone and when ive been working on my car for a few hours and am covered in dirt the last thing i want to be doing is messing around with a nice clean white phone, that, just to add, has already been dropped a few times taking the previous pictures!

at the end of the day this thread is to show you my nitrous installation, i give the background work briefly as I know if i hadnt done so there would have been people asking me if anything else had been done to the car.

AE, seeing as your in the UK how about you get yourself up to york raceway and I will show you exactly what my car is capable of on the drag strip? ill quite happily take you on.

dont use NOS and i'll lick you garunteed!

and he showed the pics in another thread of the jets - no sour grapes NOS dont interest me and will soon be illegal here cos of the head the balls that use it! from the other stuff you showed the 2zz community through various forums there is no way you wouldnt post a worth while mod. you showed the fartcan and heatwrapping your intake tubing - get me point! so its BS lad - and York, to many sheep shaggers there for my liking - NW me lad!