What did you do to your car today?

Went down to the local bolt shop and they had them on front counter. $7.95 a set. My question is, what happens when you want to take your plates off?

Hopefully you chose one with the ability to be removed with a special tool. Otherwise, if you got a one way screw (ie. one with a head that sheers off)... they are built not to be removed. That said, I have some nifty tools that can attack some of them.

Went down to the local bolt shop and they had them on front counter. $7.95 a set. My question is, what happens when you want to take your plates off?

Generally you drill them out

The guy I bought the yellow KE55 parts car off had his plates rivetted on because someone kept nicking them and doing drive-offs at the local servo

put new tyres on my sx yesterday , bolted up the rear suspension in the AE82 and serviced the stivo heh! who ever did the oil filter up had some sort of laser tightener and was looking at a nun at the same time , wasn't a happy camper !

put new tyres on my sx yesterday , bolted up the rear suspension in the AE82 and serviced the stivo heh! who ever did the oil filter up had some sort of laser tightener and was looking at a nun at the same time , wasn't a happy camper !

screwdriver + hammer job?

picked up my newly reco'd XT130 LCA's..... mmmm camber...

will look tuff as....really like the wagon looks good mate..and versatile

yeah cant wait to get them installed... Goddam i need a workshop!!!!

Also today picked up some speakers for my Wagon... Ebay Auction with no bids... i called the guy and we made a deal.

4" Splits for the front

6X9 3 ways for the Back,

And a 10" sub

$40.

mad.

Also today picked up some speakers for my Wagon... Ebay Auction with no bids... i called the guy and we made a deal.

4" Splits for the front

6X9 3 ways for the Back,

And a 10" sub

$40.

mad.

Hahaha $40 SCORE!!!! well done Andy. :)

4" Splits for the front

6X9 3 ways for the Back,

And a 10" sub

$40.

mad.

Hahaha $40 SCORE!!!! well done Andy. :)

wanna help me bolt it all in?

i have no clue.

Hopefully you chose one with the ability to be removed with a special tool. Otherwise, if you got a one way screw (ie. one with a head that sheers off)... they are built not to be removed. That said, I have some nifty tools that can attack some of them.

I was down there buying something else, I just noticed them on the counter.

screwdriver + hammer job?

Yeah dude , it was so tight that was even looking to not work , lets just say i used many words that would not be visible to other forum users :lol:

It would seem a lot of 'mechanics' think that the filter is structural and do it up to a million Nm; same with sump plugs...

:werd: it only needs to be smeared with oil and done up hand tight, gosh.

Dropped her off at the doctors earlier this afternoon for her 75,000km routine check-up. Just picked it up then. Feels so fresh again. Slightly feeling funny after letting someone else check out her covered parts.

Dropped her off at the doctors earlier this afternoon for her 75,000km routine check-up. Just picked it up then. Feels so fresh again. Slightly feeling funny after letting someone else check out her covered parts.

Daryl, how much you spend on the 75,000km servicing? My is due in a month time i think..