PETROL CONTINUES TO RISE..

Bruster

petrol prices rise again  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have noticed petrol slowly increasing over the last few weeks and if you go by what the media is saying dont be suprised if Petrol gets close to $2.00/litre

Even though i dont understand how this pricing works given that our dollar is high and the oil is stable around $70 a barrel.

So i'll go straight to the point, What will do with your car?...will you keep it? downsize?

Edited by Bruster

I have noticed petrol slowly increasing over the last few weeks and if you go by what the media is saying dont be suprised if Petrol gets close to $2.00/litre

Even though i dont understand how this pricing works given that our dollar is high and the oil is stable around $70 a barrel.

So i'll go straight to the point, What will do with your car?...will you keep it? downsize?

I'll stick with my rolla but put a block of wood behind the accel keeping me below 50% throttle

:)

-Azza

i'm sticking to my corolla aswell.. can't imagine down sizing from a 1.8L let a lone to another car

plus theres got to be a world event for it to hit $2/litre, and im not talking about a G.F.C either

btw wheres the candy vote!! LoL

I guess that will mean I will need to drive more aggressively and faster to get around/past all the motorists who will drive at snails pace to conserve fuel.

obvisouly this applys to people who own Ravs or klugers, i cant imagine anyone changing their corolla for the sake of saving 1 l / 100km

well last year it almost hit $2.00 and if take premium unleaded into account it wont be too long before that happens again.

this week i paid $1.33 for normal and checked premium unleaded was at least 0.15c more.

Edited by Bruster

and most dont use base premium.....i always use BP ultimate....every tank bar 1-2 of other 98 octane fuel .....since DEC 06....

i think we all need to sell up and buy one of these

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/

video from Jay Lenos garage with the zero X

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_...html?vid=658441

Edited by jaderd

i'm glad my car is diesel its more economical.........

all those with petrol cars why don't you just fill up on the cheaper days............i work at bp and am sick of idiots yelling at me for the fuel prices when they filling up on thursdays the day the fuel goes up. and im sick of them telling me it's cheaper down the road............then fill up at the cheaper joint i say to them!!!

i don't control the fuel prices.....those who need fuel need to just put it at the right time.....no need to be selling your cars!! just be smarter at the pump!!

what i wouldn't do is sell a hot aurion and by some shtty little buzz boxes from mitsubishi

whitestivo

mate,

everyone is entitled to their own opinion... and while i respect yours... please respect others.... and at the very least.. how about leave that opinion in the thread that it was raised in!

here we are talkign about fuel, and the thought of downsizing to help the back pocket... and while a turbo charged pocket rocket is a viable solution, no-one even mentioned it here.

calling it ****ty.... come on man... ease up. I love that loyalty in you, but please... they are better equipped than our sportivos.

BACK ON TOPIC!!!

D4D would be a great option in new corollas.. and i would onsider buying a deisel in the future.

My mum just bought the Peugot 408 diseasel, 4.1L / 100km from a mid - large size car is excellent IMO!!!!

one of the reasons that person is selling is running costs, so still relevant. ive'seen sensational economy out of the aurions

your a mod, point taken

Get public transport, the more ppl on it the more invested in it.

whitestivo

what i wouldn't do is sell a hot aurion and by some shtty little buzz boxes from mitsubishi

whitestivo

HAHA shouldnt u be doing some shopping in your car now like it was made for hehehe

Edited by ELEGNT

I wouldn't get rid of my RAV...it's great for weekend getaways...before that I had a 05 Stivo and I miss that dearly...but anyway...I don't think I'd get a diesel and pay $3000 premium over a petrol model...$3000 still buys a lot of petrol...Had a yaris along with the RAV that I sold recently...maybe that was a mistake...but I'd definitly consider buying a second car again, something like the Honda Jazz if petrol keeps rising...and in all my cars I only use 98RON...so something like that Jazz would be perfect around the city....

My mum just bought the Peugot 408 diseasel, 4.1L / 100km from a mid - large size car is excellent IMO!!!!

While we were over in Italy we hired a Renault Megane turbo diesel, got fairly close to 1000km out of a full tank and would absolutely blow the doors off Phils little shopping trolley :P

Edited by the_random_hero

I'm with Rolla Boy. I would just work more hours to get more money for fuel. I wouldn't get rid of the V6 even if fuel was to go up to $2 a litre.

Snap. BKS, it was all in good humour.

• 3 months later...

I just bought a 1999 RAV SWB for $5950 with a one year old LPG system and am getting 10 litres per 100km.

I start and run it on LPG dont even bother with ULP

Cost per fill is not going over $15 per 30 litre fill averaging 54cpl.

Drove up Mt WIlliam today 1 mile up in 12KM no power reduction all the way to 5000 feet.

Perfect traveller.

I just bought a 1999 RAV SWB for $5950 with a one year old LPG system and am getting 10 litres per 100km.

I start and run it on LPG dont even bother with ULP

Cost per fill is not going over $15 per 30 litre fill averaging 54cpl.

Drove up Mt WIlliam today 1 mile up in 12KM no power reduction all the way to 5000 feet.

Perfect traveller.

wow, that has to be cheaper than hybrid.

would be great as a second car.