Toyota Dyno Tuners

Hey guys, i have just made a move to Albury on the NSW/VIC border, and was wondering if anyone knew of any good dyno tuners in the area(preferably someone good with Toyotas ie. Supras & MR2s)? I dont really wanna have to travel as far as Melbourne, but thats a last option.

Thanks Trent

Edited by trentmeyer23

So does no one know of any dyno tuners? What about closer to Melbourne? I will need a tune after this is installed :P

What computer are you running? and what car?

Toda Performance - but he's up in Wetherill Park...LOL..but worth the drive..

So does no one know of any dyno tuners? What about closer to Melbourne? I will need a tune after this is installed :P

Centrifugal blower? Why not just have a turbo?

Might be fitment constraints with a turbo, or to just be different.

Centrifugal blower? Why not just have a turbo?

Predictable boost/response.

I will be running the stock ECU with most likely, just an Apexi SAFC and an AEM Wideband, along with bigger injectors and fuel pump The reason is the kit came up for sale at a really good price so i snapped it up, but yes because more predicatble and this kit was designed and tested on the 5s-fe. It is the Ripp Mods SDS setup. And cheers BKS ill check it out.

davesfinishedcamry.jpg

rippcamrysale.jpg

Edited by trentmeyer23

If people need more info on this setup.

It's a RippMods 5SFE Supercharger from Vortec. It;s much more relaible and cheaper then a Turbo. It's been tested and has stood up quite well.

With this setup will be upgraded injectors, custom fuel line I made with a built in Fuel Pressure Guage, Walbro 255LPH fuel pump (return style fuel system, so 255 is fine to run), and Apexi SAFC and AEM UEGO Wideband for tuning the stock ECU.

It's not a common car to mod, thats why it would be best to have someone experienced in Toyota's to tune it.

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

Edited by ASG14

I'd definately recommend getting something a lot better than a SAFC for the tuning. I'd be going with a secondhand Emanage Blue as the bare minimum. The SAFC can't adjust your timing at all. Please dont do a dodgey american setup on it.

At this stage i am just going to run with what has been mentioned, as it is a similar setup to what was run of the previous car. If the gear doesnt cut it then i will re-assess at that time, but thanks for the advice

Go the emanage blue and ditch the SAFC, I wouldn't go anything more basic.

With more control, you'll get better performance outta your car as a whole. Kinda do it properly first, as you really don't want something to go wrong, if it does......it could get horrible.

I'm sure you can hold off your urges :lol:

you're basically wasting your money on dyno time if you stick with only a SAFC. That money is better spent purchasing an emanage for $300 then having that tuned. You will end up with more power, more torque and a safer setup. With the SAFC you can't tune for best torque or safe power as the stock ECU is doing whatever it wants with the timing and it will be governed by the stock toyota knock control... a good way to damage your engine.

Keep in mind the good tuners charge up around the $200/hr mark for dyno time, do you really want to waste that sort of money?

Edited by CHA54

• 2 weeks later...
That money is better spent purchasing an emanage for $300 then having that tuned.

I can't seem to find an emanage for that kind of cash, especially with the correct harnesses

Edited by trentmeyer23

I'll sell you an emanage blue with the fuel and ignition harness and a clone programming cable for $340 if you can't find one on ebay.