Cairns Aurion Owner

Hi Guys!

I have just treated myself to a (New to me) 2nd hand 2007 Aurion ATX.

Thanks to your great info I have jumped in and ordered myself reversing sensors and a GPS,DVD, Ipod, Bluetooth thingy.

It is a TP09X1 from DIGOPTIONS.

It seems to be very reasonable priced and runs IGO8 and WINCE 5.

I hope to put it in sometime next week. I will follow the many great tips and guides here. At this point I want to thank especially DJKOR for his amazing insights!

Regards from sunny Cairns

Alfred

Welcome Alfred. Thanks for the compliment as well. I hope you enjoy the Aurion as much as we all do here. They are quite a good car and as I've said before, Queensland is definitely the place to be with an Aurion.

Slightly off topic, my Aurion was originally from Cairns as well. Judging from how well it runs, I can safely say that I must have really loved the weather up there.

Cheers,

Daryl K

Wow.....you guys are a friendly bunch!

I just received my sensors ....and I can hardly stop myself of grabbing my laptop (with a link to the toyota forum guidlines) and start installing BUT I WILL wait till Friday morning when it is daylight and I am well rested and can take all the time in the world and.......arghhh somebody HOLD ME BACK!

By the way, are there any comments, feedbacks yet on the unit I ordered?

The Graphics interface looks nicer (to me) and the price was very good. 655A$ including a Licence Plate Camera and delivery from Melbourne.

Yes, Cairns is a GREAT place.

Thanks again for your warm welcome!

Regards

Alfred

Edited by Alfred Q

Wow.....you guys are a friendly bunch!

I just received my sensors ....and I can hardly stop myself of grabbing my laptop (with a link to the toyota forum guidlines) and start installing BUT I WILL wait till Friday morning when it is daylight and I am well rested and can take all the time in the world and.......arghhh somebody HOLD ME BACK!

By the way, are there any comments, feedbacks yet on the unit I ordered?

The Graphics interface looks nicer (to me) and the price was very good. 655A$ including a Licence Plate Camera and delivery from Melbourne.

Yes, Cairns is a GREAT place.

Thanks again for your warm welcome!

Regards

Alfred

Welcome!!

A$655 and all that.. I won't complain at all if I were you... I paid the optionals for my Aurion which is the GPS and the moonroof,no camera!! Toyota called it a bargain but I called it rip off :lol: (Compared this with people in the forum), this a great forum.. So again, Welcome and enjoy your stay! Good insight and good Buy! Gratz..

Hi Gratz!

Thank you. I have not received it yet but onced I do I will give a bit of an overview if you like. Since I am very new to this, the only thing I can compare it to is DJKOR's much apreciated review on the auspak unit.

So far I have to say I like the price and th einterface much better.

If you want to have a look it is on e-bay

Just look for dig_options

Item number: 250460549326

Hope this may be of interest to others looking for HU replacements!

Regards

Alfred!

P.S: Reversing sensors are in thanks to "1972rainman" & DJKOR's excellnt guide! Thanks again !

post-14487-1247786326_thumb.jpg

post-14487-1247786344_thumb.jpg

post-14487-1247786356_thumb.jpg

Hi Gratz!

So far I have to say I like the price and th einterface much better.

If you want to have a look it is on e-bay

Just look for dig_options

Item number: 250460549326

Alfred!

Great choice Alfred, the interface looks nice and the price is pretty attractive. One question though, since you got yourself the double din headunit, any reason why you chose the reversing sensor over a reverse camera? :)

Great choice Alfred, the interface looks nice and the price is pretty attractive. One question though, since you got yourself the double din headunit, any reason why you chose the reversing sensor over a reverse camera? :)

Thanks Ingress!

I actually ordered the sensors prior to purchasing the HU. It was the great price and the looks that led my to this snap decisions as well as the excellent insight provided by this forum that build my confidence enough to go ahead and purchase this as well.

Once installed, it will not be sensors over reverse camera but it will end up with both of them co-existing (if all goes well).

As the sensors are accurate to about 20 cm the camera may be just an added bonus to judge the last few centimeters in tight spots.

I was looking at the wiring discusion provided by DJKOR (thanks once again) and came to the conclusion that they wil happily co-exist.

As I ordered the HU only yesterday I expect it to arrive sometime next week. I will keep you posted!

So, you like this interface better as well than?

I think the big test concerning this purchase will come once I find out if it suffers from the same lag issues DJKOR mentioned in his review.

The seller (Matt & Donna) seem to believe that not to be an issue......we will see. So far I like their interaction with me. Lets hope that will continue on after the purchase. Service especially for a noob like me is very important. I will review on that aspect as well for potential buyers who may want to know though.

Kind Regards

Alfred

Not saying anything bad about the reverse sensors, but it would be interesting to see what your opinions would be of using both together.

After using the reverse camera, I have found reverse sensors to be absolutely no match. The camera is also useful when reversing into a spot when there is no car or wall behind you.

But each to their own though.

I love parallel parking and getting extremely close to the car behind and watching people nearby look at me thinking I'm going to hit the car. Even funnier cause I always look forward when reverse parking now.

Not saying anything bad about the reverse sensors, but it would be interesting to see what your opinions would be of using both together.

After using the reverse camera, I have found reverse sensors to be absolutely no match. The camera is also useful when reversing into a spot when there is no car or wall behind you.

Hey Daryl, I find both to be a good setup, particularly the setup at least on the ZR6, whereby the side sensors can detect things off to the side and outside the view of the camera.

A classic example is where I park at work next to a big concrete pillar on my left hand side. The sensors can tell me how close to the pillar I am (although visual mirror and distance of mirror from pillar do as well) and just help round it all out.

I do find the front sensors useful, but wish toyota included a couple in the centre for the odd occasion.

What did everyone do before technology hey? We just guessed. Sometimes got it right, sometimes not. :whistling:

I love parallel parking and getting extremely close to the car behind and watching people nearby look at me thinking I'm going to hit the car. Even funnier cause I always look forward when reverse parking now.

That does get some good looks...

A classic example is where I park at work next to a big concrete pillar on my left hand side. The sensors can tell me how close to the pillar I am (although visual mirror and distance of mirror from pillar do as well) and just help round it all out.

Very true. I'm also used to reverse parking everywhere so it makes things a little easier for me. As a mater of fact, I can not park nose in when I'm in a car park and have to park between two cars. I just can not do it. Unless of course it is directly in front of me. Even still, I reverse into those.

What did everyone do before technology hey? We just guessed. Sometimes got it right, sometimes not. :whistling:

Up until the day I got the reverse camera, I actually had to open my door a little and stick my head out to gauge if I was too far back or not. On my old Camry I had no distance issues, but the size of the Aurion made it a little more difficult.

But each to their own though.

Hi Daryl!

I am interested myself. So you think that there should not be a conflict in the electronics when using both?

I used to drive an Ford LTD 78 model. This one seems small to me now. That is the problem though . Last time when parking it felt like I was jsut about to hit the car behind me...after I got out I had a good 40 cm left to go (about the difference in size of these two cars.

If i would have planned a bit better I probably would have not worried about the sensors but since I ordered and received them already I just could not helpmyself and put them in anyway.

I am traveling to Brisbane several times a year. Hopefully I will be able to coincide with one of your get togethers? When are you guys meeting?

All the best Alfred

Hey Al you really need to come over to Brisbane for one of our weekly meets!!!

Hi Speez!

I would love to! When are you guys meeting?

Regards

Alfred

We meet every Thursday @ the Loop or Train (?), hop over to the Meets section for further details...

I think we do a Nebo cruise every month from memory too? DJKOR would have all the answers and details as per usual... :P

I am interested myself. So you think that there should not be a conflict in the electronics when using both?

I don't imagine any issues as both systems are independent of each other. Only issues you would get is if you somehow connected them together incorrectly, but that would have to be a pretty bad fault.

I am traveling to Brisbane several times a year. Hopefully I will be able to coincide with one of your get togethers? When are you guys meeting?

We meet up every Thursday night according to the thread:

Brisbane Meetup (Every Thursday 9pm)

Our meets start at 8pm not though. Also, we are trying out a monthly dinner. So far the first one worked out well, so the next one is happening next Thursday. I'm pretty sure that monthly after that we will still continue:

QLD - Thursday Night dinner for July

I think we do a Nebo cruise every month from memory too?

It's not really a formally organised thing. Usually it's just a random occurrence. If it feels like that time of the month/year, we will just get an expression of interest. Because Nebo is so close, people can head down there whenever they feel. I was going there once a week when I had my old Michelins.

I don't imagine any issues as both systems are independent of each other. Only issues you would get is if you somehow connected them together incorrectly, but that would have to be a pretty bad fault.

Thanks DJKOR/Darryl!

Bad faults seem to be my speciality! Thanks to your excellent guide I am certain I can minimise the risk!

I will keep the meetings in mind when coming to Brisbane next. I will let you knoiw here if that is OK?

Thanks for your advise and all the best

Alfred

Edited by Alfred Q