Andrew's Supercharged 2003 Camry V6 with bacon + egg, no sauce.

Andrew357

• 2 months later...

Small update:

- Intake cams are cleaned and ready to be installed, likely to be put in before the end of January. We're still unsure whether the ECU will handle the supercharger AND the cams or not.

- Have priced up a new ECU, looking at getting an Adaptronic e420d which is suitable for the engine. Will be interesting how much power I can get from the cams, exhaust and supercharger from a proper tune.

- Bought a carbon wheel suitable for an Aurion and after some testing it's not quite a straight swap. I have the airbag cover and the wheel (obviously) but will need to get my hands on an airbag and the garnishes and she's ready to be put on.

wheel.jpg

Looks really nice drew.. Not a straight wrap, but u did it neat. Did you have to run some of it over or you cut to fit?

It's a good present for your Birthday.. Happy Belated B'day too. =)

Nice, we'll get to see how much potential there is with the cams now! Maybe you'll match me without upping the boost

LOL!

Knowing the G5CFH, with the cams AND the ECU with a tune I won't hit your 172kW.

Damm that blower looks sexy , was that wheel on ebay?

:clap:

Yep, Steven linked one on the Ebay Finds forum. It should be a direct bolt on for any 4-spoke Aurion setup.

• 3 weeks later...

newwheel.jpg

New wheel is in. Thanks to Steven for helping me out with this project. There were a few issues that needed to be solved but on the whole it was relatively straight forward.

Going to re-trim the gold garnishes with something a little darker as they are a little out of place.

ohh wow, that looks nice :] ! :toast:

i see that gap near the headunit ;) ! too lazy to fix :P ?

Misplaced the side bits and i hate the headunit so she will eventually be replaced.

wow, that is hot man. does these button work with dvd player?

Not yet. I am considering whether I want to have something wired up to enable them to work or whether to remove them and cover them.

That's hot, didn't know they had red stitching, even hotter.. Nice mod for sure, it seems Steven is the interior DIY guy to see...

He's quite handy all round. Inside and out!

That looks sick..

But.. No buttons on the right side?

No. I was hoping for both garnishes to be buttonless but this wasn't the case. I noticed a Gen6 Sportivo wheel on eBay that only has the left hand controls so it doesn't bother me too much.

• 1 month later...

Decided against using steering wheel controls so Steven ended up doing some nice side garnishes for the steering wheel. A dark grey suede-like material which looks abit of alright.

wheel2.jpg

Also tinted my rear tailights, will get some better shots in the day but here's a night shot for now

tint.jpg

And in other news:

- Analysing/assessing ECU wiring now and will have the eManage Ultimate put in soonish

- Discussions with The Viking regarding the 2mz inlet cam install is underway tomorrow

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

did you use spray tint or film tint ?

VHT Nightshade spray. The film i bought was marginally narrow so i CBF'ed waiting and got a can instead.