HOW 2 LAUNCH?

im sorry if this is a dumb question but this is my first manual car and i want to know how to launch correctly without bogging or killing my clutch. i was an auto driver but converted to manual hahahaha :D :D :D . way more control of the car. also i heard something about rev matching or alike wen u downshift from a higher gear to lower smoothly, becasue wen i do this i dont get a smooth change, if you understand wat i mean

help much appreciated....... :) :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not safe, but efficient:

For novice:

1. 5000 rpm

2. Clutch dump

3. Flatshift at redline

For advanced:

1. 7000 rpm

2. Clutch dump + slightly less gas when hits lift with wheels spinning (depends on surface)

3. Flatshift 1 -> 2 at redline, then at 8000.

Edited by imek

If you have lots of patience with toyota dealers and money to burn on tyres then I suppose you could follow Imek's methods. But you can launch hard from 3500 to 4000 rpm with a small slip of the clutch to get moving.

If you have lots of patience with toyota dealers and money to burn on tyres then I suppose you could follow Imek's methods. But you can launch hard from 3500 to 4000 rpm with a small slip of the clutch to get moving.

Just watch out for Axle Tramp :)

Just watch out for Axle Tramp :)

Especally in the wet, damn that loud BANGing it makes sucks!!!

without bogging or killing my clutch.

Not safe, but efficient:

For novice:

1. 5000 rpm

2. Clutch dump

3. Flatshift at redline

For advanced:

1. 7000 rpm

2. Clutch dump + slightly less gas when hits lift with wheels spinning (depends on surface)

Imek, the more you say the more you look like you can't drive. This is NOT efficient, you will experience major wheelspin, MASSIVE wear and tear and good luck getting the revs up to 7,000 with the clutch in, the computer will not let lift kick in without the clutch being up so your revs will bounce on the limiter at 6,200.

Do you even think before posting??.

Edited by Blade Hunter

without bogging or killing my clutch.

Not safe, but efficient:

For novice:

1. 5000 rpm

2. Clutch dump

3. Flatshift at redline

For advanced:

1. 7000 rpm

Imek, the more you say the more you look like you can't drive. This is NOT efficient, you will experience major wheelspin, MASSIVE wear and tear and good luck getting the revs up to 7,000 with the clutch in, the computer will not let lift kick in without the clutch being up so your revs will bounce on the limiter at 6,200.

Do you even think before posting??.

Spot On...

Unless you have the best damn traction control system the automotive world has ever seen, there is no way dumping the clutch will ever help with a launch from what I know.....

Maybe they have special clutchesd in Poland that we don't get here....

Edited by Azza

Hehehe can you imagine the stress on the internals?? Man when I had my mini and I put fat tires on it and worked the motor, in the space of 6 months I went through 2 bell housings and 3 drive shafts. Cars are not designed to have things like that done to them.

It's just not worth putting that sort of stress on the car. At the end of the day it's a Corolla, not a Ferrari and wasn't designed to be driven that way.

I say enjoy the twisties ! :D

It's just not worth putting that sort of stress on the car.  At the end of the day it's a Corolla, not a Ferrari and wasn't designed to be driven that way. 

I say enjoy the twisties !  :D

Yeah, enjoy the twisties, then the ABS...hehehe :P

Handbrake ?

Nahh I've got a thing against ending up amongst the trees and facing where I just came from  :lol:

Especially if it means having to get some plastic surgery done to the car as a result....

I won't mention a certain Sportivo driver trying snakey's in Milton last night on his exit... :rolleyes:

He didn't actually collide with anything, but he did get a cheer from the rest of us when he straightened up....

I'd call him a right ol fashioned smarty pants.

I'm a big fan of the snake action in the dirt but it is just too stressful on the tyres and wheels on a solid surface. It's great in a front wheeler to be able to have the steering control while the rears are locked ;)

Blade.

To sum up: you're pathetic.

7000 rpm is EXACTLY the rev limit for statioonary car. Looks like you've never pressed gas pedal to the floor.

And to both of you, THERE IS THIS TRC OFF button, assholes, that you can press.

And Blade again,

I got my timeslips, on stock T-sport, launching just the way I described, i'm not gonna discuss this with you, you have seen the proof. It works. And the fact that you have no fvcking idea about the 2zz-ge drivetrain... I don't care.

TIP: search at newcelica.org for vids on launching Celica GT-S, so you'll see how it should be done.

And in the meantime practice your lame launches... maybe you'll get to low 17s. heheehe

Blade.

To sum up: you're pathetic.

7000 rpm is EXACTLY the rev limit for statioonary car. Looks like you've never pressed gas pedal to the floor.

And to both of you, THERE IS THIS TRC OFF button, assholes, that you can press.

And Blade again,

I got my timeslips, on stock T-sport, launching just the way I described, i'm not gonna discuss this with you, you have seen the proof. It works. And the fact that you have no fvcking idea about the 2zz-ge drivetrain... I don't care.

TIP: search at newcelica.org for vids on launching Celica GT-S, so you'll see how it should be done.

And in the meantime practice your lame launches... maybe you'll get to low 17s. heheehe

Whats wrong little man, did I hit a nerve??.

Your really pathetic, you come in here, preach to us about how we can't drive and tell is that you dump the clutch at 7,000rpm to take off. YAY FOR WHEELSPIN IDIOT.

I think your completely full of it really, you don't communicate properly, you insult various members time and time again yet you still want us to take you seriously.

Im gonna take a guess here and assume you really didn't have a lot of friends at school did you, picked on were we??.

No go away and grow up, I don't need to justify anything to you sunshine, why? you may ask, simple, I just showed someone on this very forum how to get the most out of lift in a stock car.

I might go shopping this afternoon and scan the docket then post it up, that should prove how good of a driver I am to you.

Bloody idiot.

yes i support blade as i was the one he domstrated to, please dont come and start trouble, we are all here to help each other out remeber that..........

i smell clutch........ :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

thankyou again blade

yes i support blade as i was the one he domstrated to, please dont come and start trouble, we are all here to help each other out remeber that..........

i smell clutch........ :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

thankyou again blade

No worries man, anytime :). Once you land it once, the rest comes natural. As I proved today thought, its still very easy to get it wrong the first time :D