HOW 2 LAUNCH?

Blade.

To sum up: you're pathetic.

7000 rpm is EXACTLY the rev limit for statioonary car. Looks like you've never pressed gas pedal to the floor.

And to both of you, THERE IS THIS TRC OFF button, assholes, that you can press.

And Blade again,

I got my timeslips, on stock T-sport, launching just the way I described, i'm not gonna discuss this with you, you have seen the proof. It works. And the fact that you have no fvcking idea about the 2zz-ge drivetrain... I don't care.

TIP: search at newcelica.org for vids on launching Celica GT-S, so you'll see how it should be done.

And in the meantime practice your lame launches... maybe you'll get to low 17s. heheehe

OK IMEK, when will you realise that the CTS and the Stivo are built DIFFERENTLY...

We do not have traction control

The Lift cam does not engage with the clutch in hence the limiter cuts in at 6200 for us

there are 100s of us on the forum here from Australia and South Africa where these cars are sold and just one of you from Poland with the European car built to different specifications. Which do you think we are going to believe and listen too...

Think about it a bit!!!

Why don't we just let this be and get back to getting along? <_< :angry::huh::unsure::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blade,

Why don't you just try what I posted instead of laughing at me?

In case you didn't understand, point 3 in the "advanced launch" says to lessen the gas while in lift. When you dump clutch, you wait till the car gets in lift while spinning then you lessen the gas for a fraction of sec, so it grabs. Then you floor it again. This way you take off in lift...

Blue,

I'll realize when sb. tells me about the diffs. Now I know... The traction has to be off for a good launch.

I just think that our cars have THE SAME potential...

Edited by imek

sorry to say but this thread is becoming really G4YNESS to the MAXIMUS!!!

seriously tho who gives a *****!!!!! imek may not av realised that there is a pole shoved up his AR5E so far....that next time he needs a straw to drink with....he wont need one :unsure: , but he is still entitled to his wrong opinions and we here in the land down under r entitled to our own correct opinions....

n e ways peeps lets all forget this n go out for a lift sesh B) ....im sure dat will cool ur nerves B)

Blade,

Why don't you just try what I posted instead of laughing at me?

In case you didn't understand, point 3 in the "advanced launch" says to lessen the gas while in lift. When you dump clutch, you wait till the car gets in lift while spinning then you lessen the gas for a fraction of sec, so it grabs. Then you floor it again. This way you take off in lift...

Blue,

I'll realize when sb. tells me about the diffs. Now I know... The traction has to be off for a good launch.

I just think that our cars have THE SAME potential...

As sonon as you grab traction Imek its going to lower the revs to the speed of the car, you cannot take off in lift this way it simply will not happen. If you try and slip your clutch out to hold the revs in lift, good luck in not frying your clutch.

Think about the physics of what you are saying, its not physically possible. Note, I am a lot more civil in this response as you were, so long as you stay civil then so will I.

There may well be a difference in our cars that allows you to do this but a) our will not do what you suggest and b ) I can't see how it could be physically possible.

Every time you dump the clutch at 7,000rpm you are putting MASSIVE strain on your drivetrain. Do you yourself not find it amusing that you said I clearly had no idea about the 2ZZ drivetrain??.

Lets just agree to disagree yeah?? but I tell you now, if you come on here and start telling us we do not know how to drive again, im gonna give you another serving, you have no right to do so without any knowledge of us or our driving abilities. I have people on here who can vouch for mine.

Edited by Blade Hunter

Not safe, but efficient:

For novice:

1. 5000 rpm

2. Clutch dump

3. Flatshift at redline

If i dumped the clutch in my accent (I don't have stivo :( ) at 5000rpm I would just spin and go no where unless i slipped the clutch or lifted my foot a little to get grip in ethier case i may as well have taken of in lower revs.

I prefer to launch at 3000rpm, at 3000rpm the wheels slip a little as they struggle to grab the road but when they do i'm at about 4000rpm I'm right in my max torque zone.

I have experimented a bit using my gtech and find this is the best for my car, I don't pretend to know alot about cars so I have no doubt there is a quicker way for my car to launch but for me this works.

On another note i took a couple photos car today, as you can see its pretty much stock, I'm planning on taking photos of the car in this same postion as i mod it so you can see a visual progression, should be pretty fun :)

there pic gone :)

Edited by 02rolla

I usually go for 640x480 to give a good balance between quality and load time (I am only on dial-up so I like things smaller but still clear)

and next time turn the wheels in rather then out to show them off a bit, looks nicer then the tread pattern, unless that is what you were trying to show :P

Edited by Blue_Stivo

OK IMEK, when will you realise that the CTS and the Stivo are built DIFFERENTLY...

We do not have traction control

The Lift cam does not engage with the clutch in hence the limiter cuts in at 6200 for us

there are 100s of us on the forum here from Australia and South Africa where these cars are sold and just one of you from Poland with the European car built to different specifications. Which do you think we are going to believe and listen too...

I must agree that wheel spin is exessive as I have tried this. But ... in SA if you flat rev the car at stand still it does go to 7000RPM.

Just my 2 cents ... I have not mastered the launch at all, but I normally launch at about 4000-5000. For me ... if you launch at 3500, my car just bogs or you get axle tramp. :huh:

Nish,

I guess every 2zz-ge goes to 7000 rpm - it's a rev limit for the first cam. The australian models are made in SA, arent they? So would they supply different ecus only for the aus exports? Strange ;) :D

But Nish, you should really try the 7000 rpm.

As sonon as you grab traction Imek its going to lower the revs to the speed of the car, you cannot take off in lift this way it simply will not happen. If you try and slip your clutch out to hold the revs in lift, good luck in not frying your clutch.

Think about the physics of what you are saying, its not physically possible. Note, I am a lot more civil in this response as you were, so long as you stay civil then so will I.

There may well be a difference in our cars that allows you to do this but a) our will not do what you suggest and b ) I can't see how it could be physically possible.

Why don't you just try, man, and stop theoretising. You need practice.

Every time you dump the clutch at 7,000rpm you are putting MASSIVE strain on your drivetrain.

Of course. But this talk is about launching, isnt it?... or about caring about cars?

Do you yourself not find it amusing that you said I clearly had no idea about the 2ZZ drivetrain??.

You dont. If you had you'd stop theoretizing, and saying whats possible, and what's not. You'd stop worrying about MASSIVE STRESSES, cause, it is all OK with the drivetrain. The only thing that needs to be replaced is the clutch. The rest is OK, unless you dont run slicks and LSD... But why am I writing this? You already know these things, don't you?

Lets just agree to disagree yeah??

I guess its not possible, because I'm the one who beats the hell out of his car and practices different methods, setups and so on, and you are the bloke who seats in front of the keyboard and judges and doubts my PRACTICAL achievements and discoveries using his logic and never goes to the track.

but I tell you now, if you come on here and start telling us we do not know how to drive again,

I never said that, man. I'm far from this, since I'm the worst driver in our pack - I have the most modified car, and lose with a stocker... But you know what -- I practice, and soon will be the best. You know why? Because sometimes I lift my ***** from the chair and drive for the pleasure of it, not worrying all the time what is going to break... Do you even get it?

It is you who interpreted my words the way you did. YOU put in my mouth that I said you cannot drive. Is it because of some kind of a complex? I respect you, and your driving abilities, but I ONLY SAID, THAT YOU SHOULD PRACTICE MORE TO GET BETTER RESULTS.

im gonna give you another serving,

I'm so scared... :lol:

Here once again I'd use the word beginning with P...

PS.

And one thing you really know. The Extras. You were right. You have more of them. Care for another serving of rice? ;)

Edited by imek

Imek, its not theory, its fact, if you rev your car up to the limiter then dump the clutch your going to break traction, broken traction is inneficient to taking off. If you then back off the accelerator to allow it to grab traction your revs drop to the rev's = the speed of the car's movement, this WILL drop down so that you are not in lift.

how is this more efficient than holding the revs at say 4,000 where the VVTI is active and slipping the clutch out?? its not, there will be no wheelspin, decent power and a smooth take off, then when changing to second slip your clutch to hold the revs at 6,200 and stay in lift. You just told me you get the lowest times in your group. Just try my method and then report back.

Cheers

Blade

Ok, I'll take some vids to show you, when i put on new tyres. Maybe I'm not describing it as I should.

There was a vid of this launch method done by some british owner who did 14,8 on Santa Pod - in a total stocker, but I'm looking for it for 2 days now, and cannot find. Cannot remember his nick too...

I'm losing, because the fastest guy CAN launch from 7000 rpm far better than me... Its not that easy. Im still practicing...

Why don't you just try, man, and stop theoretising. You need practice.

Every time you dump the clutch at 7,000rpm you are putting MASSIVE strain on your drivetrain.

Of course. But this talk is about launching, isnt it?... or about caring about cars?

Do you yourself not find it amusing that you said I clearly had no idea about the 2ZZ drivetrain??.

You dont. If you had you'd stop theoretizing, and saying whats possible, and what's not. You'd stop worrying about MASSIVE STRESSES, cause, it is all OK with the drivetrain. The only thing that needs to be replaced is the clutch. The rest is OK, unless you dont run slicks and LSD... But why am I writing this? You already know these things, don't you?

Lets just agree to disagree yeah??

I guess its not possible, because I'm the one who beats the hell out of his car and practices different methods, setups and so on, and you are the bloke who seats in front of the keyboard and judges and doubts my PRACTICAL achievements and discoveries using his logic and never goes to the track.

but I tell you now, if you come on here and start telling us we do not know how to drive again,

I never said that, man. I'm far from this, since I'm the worst driver in our pack - I have the most modified car, and lose with a stocker... But you know what -- I practice, and soon will be the best. You know why? Because sometimes I lift my ***** from the chair and drive for the pleasure of it, not worrying all the time what is going to break... Do you even get it?

It is you who interpreted my words the way you did. YOU put in my mouth that I said you cannot drive. Is it because of some kind of a complex? I respect you, and your driving abilities, but I ONLY SAID, THAT YOU SHOULD PRACTICE MORE TO GET BETTER RESULTS.

im gonna give you another serving,

I'm so scared... :lol:

Here once again I'd use the word beginning with P...

PS.

And one thing you really know. The Extras. You were right. You have more of them. Care for another serving of rice? ;)

Imek, rather than wasting your time here in TOCAU (Australia) bragging about what you reckon your car can or can't do, why don't you keep your mouth shut and visit www.iplaywithmydoodle.com

I am struggling to understand why you haven't realised that none of us want you here....

Imek, rather than wasting your time here in TOCAU (Australia) bragging about what you reckon your car can or can't do, why don't you keep your mouth shut and visit www.iplaywithmydoodle.com

I am struggling to understand why you haven't realised that none of us want you here....

Hey don't make assumptions, I may not have been a member long but saying this to Imeks is just plain rude.

I have no problems with him being here and I value his input, as i do of everyones whether there right or wrong doesn't mean there not a valued member.

Don't go Imek :D

Edited by 02rolla

Hey don't make assumptions, I may not have been a member long but saying this to Imeks is just plain rude.

I have no problems with him being here and I value his input, as i do of everyones whether there right or wrong doesn't mean there not a valued member.

Don't go Imek :D

Here is my list of assumptions with Imek:

1) He never says positive things

2) He hangs **** on the driving styles and abilites of the Aussie Members

3) He makes claims and accusations in relation to the ability of his car and it's supposed performance abilities over ours claiming it is our 'drivers'

4) He makes claims in relation to his own vehicle performance, and that of his fellow Poles that seems at times, unbelievable. Then doesn't publish or post evidence of claims until he was absolutely hounded, and then did not show proof of the claim that was actually being made (I am referring to the claim of stock Sportivo's being capable of mid 14's)

Now, I for one minute, am not going to say that what he is saying is lies or otherwise, what I am objecting to, is his ongoing negativity and consistent slandering of the comments made by the Aussie TOCAU'ers.

Example 1:

Craig advises the forum that he broke 14's and did it well, Imek comes to the party by advising that this was not a difficult task.

Example 2:

Alot of Sportivo and Corolla drivers here are making low 15 & high 14 passes, and Imek comes here telling them that they can't launch.

If the guy is going to make claims, like telling the forum that his car will rev to 7K when idling and being able to launch at this limit, then I ewant to see proof, and I am sure alot of other TOCAU'ers do too. Lets see video footage of this. In the digital age that we are in now, I am sure that this can be done.

If Imke claims that 'stock' Sportivo's (T-Sports) can do mid 14's, then I want to see time cards and preferably from the owners of these cars...

I really do not think that this is an unrealistic expectation, and I am sure there are a lot of guys here who think the same.

If Imek is going to contribute to the conversations, debates, discussions and laughs like the rest of us, then I will welcome him like every other member...

Hey that was a bit harsh. People are entitled to their opinions man. I'm not trying to take sides or anything but if someone says they think it's possible then there could be a slight chance that it is possible. Talking or thinking theoretically doesn't prove much either. We don't know until we have seen it or tried it. I certainly not gonna try it but who knows it could be done. There are a lot of things in this world that would seem impossible but it turns out to be possible. I think we should give people a chance for them to express themselves. :P

I tried taking my 'stock' Sportivo to 7000 rpm this morning at idle. I had driven for 30 minutes in moderate traffic, and my vehicle was acceptabley warmed up.

6200 rpm was my limit.

Please, if someone with a non-stock Sportivo (in Australia) has done otherwise, please advise.

Cheers

Aaron

Edited by Azza

Here is my list of assumptions with Imek:

3) He makes claims and accusations in relation to the ability of his car and it's supposed performance abilities over ours claiming it is our 'drivers'

4) He makes claims in relation to his own vehicle performance, and that of his fellow Poles that seems at times, unbelievable.  Then doesn't publish or post evidence of claims until he was absolutely hounded, and then did not show proof of the claim that was actually being made (I am referring to the claim of stock Sportivo's being capable of mid 14's)

Now, I for one minute, am not going to say that what he is saying is lies or otherwise, what I am objecting to, is his ongoing negativity and consistent slandering of the comments made by the Aussie TOCAU'ers.

Example 1:

Craig advises the forum that he broke 14's and did it well, Imek comes to the party by advising that this was not a difficult task.

Example 2:

Alot of Sportivo and Corolla drivers here are making low 15 & high 14 passes, and Imek comes here telling them that they can't launch.

If the guy is going to make claims, like telling the forum that his car will rev to 7K when idling and being able to launch at this limit, then I ewant to see proof, and I am sure alot of other TOCAU'ers do too.  Lets see video footage of this.  In the digital age that we are in now, I am sure that this can be done.

If Imke claims that 'stock' Sportivo's (T-Sports) can do mid 14's, then I want to see time cards and preferably from the owners of these cars...

I really do not think that this is an unrealistic expectation, and I am sure there are a lot of guys here who think the same.

If Imek is going to contribute to the conversations, debates, discussions and laughs like the rest of us, then I will welcome him like every other member...

On some points I agree with you, but on others I do not.

He does post positive comments and he obviously values yours and others opinions on different subjects, he does not hang **** on Australian members driving ability those are words that are being put into his mouth if you get what i mean.

But on point 4 i do agree, but also i have noticed that alot of people have stated the difference between Aus and POL cars, fuel and climates and of course they're going to make a significant difference and wish that Imek could understand this.

I don't think your expectations are unrealistic, but i also can't blame Imek for posting in the tone he has, givin the amount of patronisation he gets when he post its no wonder he gets a little heated.

Well to add a little light heartedness to this topic;

Today one of the kids on my bus (whom I pick up at the door) was waiting for me about 3 doors down from his house on his trusty BMX ready to race me in the bus as I turn into his street. I launched the bus at 3000 rpm and he launched out hard at about 7000rpm. But I had the torque on him and after about 30 metres his launch took it all out of him with too much wheel spin and I took a convincing win with an ET of some mid to low 14 secs! :P

All this with 4 passengers on board, Air con on and the radio playing a great tune in the back ground "Born to be wild" B)

PS. Nearly forgot the orange flashing lights going off as well!!!

I do, but even if I didn't does it mean there's no room for me here?

NEVER did that. In fact I already said I respect you (2 times), and that Aus drivers are probably more experienced drag racers than PL ones, and so on... YOU put in my mouth words I've never said.

Never accuse. Never praise the abilities of my car.

Saying that you need practice is based on that I have the most modified car and I'm the slowest in my group... My car has potential bu I lack knowledge.

4) He makes claims in relation to his own vehicle performance, and that of his fellow Poles that seems at times, unbelievable.

I posted the timeslip...

Then doesn't publish or post evidence of claims until he was absolutely hounded,

Hey, I explained the situation. I thought it was posted somewhere. When I realized it wasn't I immediately posted the timeslip. Besides I said I was sorry... I apologized you? Is that not enough?

and then did not show proof of the claim that was actually being made (I am referring to the claim of stock Sportivo's being capable of mid 14's)

Do I have to post a physical proof of what i THINK is possible?

If the guy is going to make claims, like telling the forum that his car will rev to 7K when idling and being able to launch at this limit, then I ewant to see proof, and I am sure alot of other TOCAU'ers do too.

I already said a few posts back that I'll make a vid. Why don't you read carefully instead beating the crap all over. You may get some of it splashed otno your face. Be careful.

I don't claim. I think. See the difference?

And if not, what you are going to do? Ban me? Don't be ridiculous, man... Do I have to write what YOU like to be a worthy member? Are you playing G OD now?

Edited by imek