HOW 2 LAUNCH?

okay girls..its tym to quit hating...too much hating in one thread...

i...the master will tell you how to launch an auto...

first u must hold onto the button at the top on the side of the stick thing

then u move it down to D

let go of your brake

and press accelerate...

and there u have it...

an auto launch

thank you :ph34r:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then u move it down to D

let go of your brake

and press accelerate...

and there u have it...

an auto launch

thank you

Mate..u are so wrong. The proper technique to a perfect launch is to rev it to 7000RPM, then shift the gear thingy to D. If u hear a loud bang, it means u done it right. :lol: :P

then u move it down to D

let go of your brake

and press accelerate...

and there u have it...

an auto launch

thank you  :ph34r:

Now that we've moved onto auto's, being completely mechanically inept, I'd like to ask what harm (if any) of holding an auto in Drive, dialling up say 1500 to 2000 rpm and then releasing the brake and flooring the throttle simultaneously?

I used to do that on an older car, and it seemed to be the quickest way to launch on that car, but I'm trying to have some mechanical sympathy on the wagon, so I don't want to do anything that would cause damage.

Now that we've moved onto auto's, being completely mechanically inept, I'd like to ask what harm (if any) of holding an auto in Drive, dialling up say 1500 to 2000 rpm and then releasing the brake and flooring the throttle simultaneously?

I used to do that on an older car, and it seemed to be the quickest way to launch on that car, but I'm trying to have some mechanical sympathy on the wagon, so I don't want to do anything that would cause damage.

Think Nike my big wagon'd friend...

Just Do It

I am struggling to understand why you haven't realised that none of us want you here....

Hey that was a bit harsh. People are entitled to their opinions man. I'm not trying to take sides or anything but if someone says they think it's possible then there could be a slight chance that it is possible. Talking or thinking theoretically doesn't prove much either. We don't know until we have seen it or tried it. I certainly not gonna try it but who knows it could be done. There are a lot of things in this world that would seem impossible but it turns out to be possible. I think we should give people a chance for them to express themselves. :P

there are expressing opinions and then there is also something such as showing some manners. it may not have been outright rude, it wasn't the least polite either.

Here is my list of assumptions with Imek:

1) He never says positive things

2) He hangs **** on the driving styles and abilites of the Aussie Members

3) He makes claims and accusations in relation to the ability of his car and it's supposed performance abilities over ours claiming it is our 'drivers'

4) He makes claims in relation to his own vehicle performance, and that of his fellow Poles that seems at times, unbelievable.  Then doesn't publish or post evidence of claims until he was absolutely hounded, and then did not show proof of the claim that was actually being made (I am referring to the claim of stock Sportivo's being capable of mid 14's)

Now, I for one minute, am not going to say that what he is saying is lies or otherwise, what I am objecting to, is his ongoing negativity and consistent slandering of the comments made by the Aussie TOCAU'ers.

Example 1:

Craig advises the forum that he broke 14's and did it well, Imek comes to the party by advising that this was not a difficult task.

Example 2:

Alot of Sportivo and Corolla drivers here are making low 15 & high 14 passes, and Imek comes here telling them that they can't launch.

If the guy is going to make claims, like telling the forum that his car will rev to 7K when idling and being able to launch at this limit, then I ewant to see proof, and I am sure alot of other TOCAU'ers do too.  Lets see video footage of this.  In the digital age that we are in now, I am sure that this can be done.

If Imke claims that 'stock' Sportivo's (T-Sports) can do mid 14's, then I want to see time cards and preferably from the owners of these cars...

I really do not think that this is an unrealistic expectation, and I am sure there are a lot of guys here who think the same.

If Imek is going to contribute to the conversations, debates, discussions and laughs like the rest of us, then I will welcome him like every other member...

On some points I agree with you, but on others I do not.

He does post positive comments and he obviously values yours and others opinions on different subjects, he does not hang **** on Australian members driving ability those are words that are being put into his mouth if you get what i mean.

But on point 4 i do agree, but also i have noticed that alot of people have stated the difference between Aus and POL cars, fuel and climates and of course they're going to make a significant difference and wish that Imek could understand this.

I don't think your expectations are unrealistic, but i also can't blame Imek for posting in the tone he has, givin the amount of patronisation he gets when he post its no wonder he gets a little heated.

i think u might have gotten the cycle the wrong way around. he got that amount of patronisation BECAUSE of his comments in the first place. he may not have explicitly hung **** on Australian members but i don't think i or azza are the only ppl who felt it to be beyond suggestive. i dun think it was an innocent comment but that's my opinion. no words were put into his mouth.

i mean, craig goes out and does the quickest time we know of, imek comes in and says yeah, but our stock cars over here do a faster time than that.

"Don't want to be ugly, but some of us in Corolla Club Poland do this kind of times (even a bit faster) in stock cars, so I'd suggest more launch and shifting training, coz the car surely has now the potential to get into mid 14's..."

dunno about you, but i'm sure i found that rather patronising.

"I didn't want to mention the surface, but in PL we don't have any drag track.

I'm sure on proper track stock T-Sport is capable of 14,6 - 14,7... You just have to know how to drive it."

wat was that supposed to mean? i found that patronising and insulting, too. i quite agree with tivo matt's reaction to that.

so, yes, imek, i find it insulting. and no, it doesn't seem like it's just my problem. so PRACTISE some manners or else there is every reason to dish out the same stuff u do, only just minus the laced words.

so screw u biatch!! :angry::angry:

[imek speak]

so turn u over, female dog!! :angry::angry:

oh wat did i do, i didn't swear at anyone

[/imek speak]

I don't find the words you quoted insulting at all.

Maybe I really need to practice my english, but remember it's not my mother tongue. The words translated to Polish don't sound insulting or whatever. Maybe you should consider this. I really didn;t mean to patronize anyone. Just gave my suggestions, wrote what I think.

I also think, that taking such words so personally, might mean the lack of self esteem and belief in ones capabiliters, and - in this context - of car's capabilities.

I do not mean to be arrogant, maybe my wording was incorrect. So, for the 3rd time here, I apologize everyone who felt insulted.

I don't find the words you quoted insulting at all.

Maybe I really need to practice my english, but remember it's not my mother tongue. The words translated to Polish don't sound insulting or whatever. Maybe you should consider this. I really didn;t mean to patronize anyone. Just gave my suggestions, wrote what I think.

I also think, that taking such words so personally, might mean the lack of self esteem and belief in ones capabiliters, and - in this context - of car's capabilities.

I do not mean to be arrogant, maybe my wording was incorrect. So, for the 3rd time here, I apologize everyone who felt insulted.

Like some of us here, english isn't my mother tongue either. But we seem to have mastered the art of not making sniping remarks to boost our self-esteem. So go and practise.

Apology accepted. :)

Edited by shaohaok

Why don't you just try, man, and stop theoretising. You need practice.

You dont. If you had you'd stop theoretizing, and saying whats possible, and what's not.

using his logic and never goes to the track.

Hang on a second here, so IM not allowed to theorise about something I HAVE ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE OF but what's this here IMEK????

Do I have to post a physical proof of what i THINK is possible?

I actually don't need to add anything else, you did all the work for me on this one.

Moderators, close it up, causing trouble

Accelerator makes you go faster, brake makes you slow down thats all there is to it....

Greg, Greg, Greg, Greg, Greg!!!!

You always have a very simple outlook on things don't you :)

Can a moderator close this thread please. Starting to sound like a jet that has just landed full of women- the engines are switched off but the whining continues ;)

Lets agree to disagree on this topic please.

By the way go Team silver :P (couldn't resist)

:P  :P OH well while we are at it

"HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!!"

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

You just like the cheerleaders :wub::wub::wub::wub:

As in San Diemas high school football rules?

Bill and Ted??.

That's what I was thinking too... ;) B)

STATION!!!

OH, That was nice of us :D.

Oh you beautiful babes,

for whom we have traveled through time,

Will you go to the prom in san diemas with us?

We will have a most triumphant time.

Hahaha, im so gonna watch those two movies this weekend now :)

Edited by Blade Hunter

As in San Diemas high school football rules?

Bill and Ted??.

That's what I was thinking too... ;) B)

STATION!!!

OH, That was nice of us :D.

Oh you beautiful babes,

for whom we have traveled through time,

Will you go to the prom in san diemas with us?

We will have a most triumphant time.

Hahaha, im so gonna watch those two movies this weekend now :)

EXCELLENT!!!!

Was that lame?? ;)