Black plastic fading

Hey guys just want to know what everyone is using to keep the black plastic tims on their cars looking new

ATM I am applying car plus "wet look" tyre shine sprayed on to a cloth (I had it lying around and it made the tyres on the echo look new when I detailledit for sale)and it makes the plastic on the exterior plastics come up new and not that nasty rough faded grey

what does everyone else use??

I never use armor oil products anymore. I used to use it on my previous cars dash and interior plastic peices, gave it that wonderful wet look and the week i stopped using it and it dryed up completely everything started to crack and split.

Well once it rains it will run off leaving oil marks on the clear coat... i myself have the 'spray' and normal product... :P

anyway shame we cant bring back the 'new' look without getting resorting to those products...

• 2 months later...
The black plastic cover where my front window wiper is is fading. That product works for exterior as well? (Saw on the website it said it's for interior)

Yeah mate.

I use it on interior vinyls, rubbers, plastics. I also use it on tyres and exterior trims :D

The black plastic cover where my front window wiper is is fading. That product works for exterior as well? (Saw on the website it said it's for interior)

Yeah mate.

I use it on interior vinyls, rubbers, plastics. I also use it on tyres and exterior trims :D

Sweet as. I'll give it a shot after exams.. Cheers! B)

• 2 months later...
Mothers...Back to Black about $20 a bottle.

10nzzwy.jpg

+1 to this, although I think it is called Naturally Black now, at least that is the bottle I have. Used it today, VERY easy to use, just get a terry towel/microfibre cloth (I've got Kenco re-usable ones), put it on and let it sit for a few minutes and then wipe off. It has had a dramatic effect on my foglight surrounds, wing mirror surrounds and so on.

I like that polish idea though too silvabullit :)

• 2 months later...
i use the shell vinyl cleaner lol, works pretty good =) keep appplying it when the dash gets dusty and usually means the oil is beginning to fade

i only use Meguries , mothers that armarol or wat ever it is crap stuff high concentrate of methylated spirits and wat does that do dry stuff out if u use that stuff for a long period of time say goodbye do your un cracked dash and say hello to the grand canyon all over the joint we love our cars so use some good stuff any way that my 2 cents lol

• 4 weeks later...

Never use Armor All they are crap tbh... Meguiars, Mothers, Bowens and Autoglm are the good entry level automotive care products...

Used Armour All on an Ausy Skyline from new for 16 years and vinyl was as good as new when I parted company with it. As suggested elsewhere vinyl cracked after use was stopped, I never stopped using it so cant vouch for what would have happened if I'd stopped using it but then again how bad would it have been if I never used anything from the start anyway.