ZRE Wild-Fire 2 Hot 2 Handle

SHIRE.ZRE

Hi Guys,

As promised, here are pics of my 2007 ZRE Ascent (am not even sure the model name applies to it anymore LOL :) )

I got this car 2nd hand about 2 weeks ago and it had 19,000kms on the clock and both my wife and I fell in love with the colour of it, but more so, I liked the fact that it was such a nice clean car and well looked after. It had the brand new car smell still in it LOL :)

Anyway, as I come from a Nissan background and crazy about modifying cars that I like, I thought I'd give the Wildfire Rolla a bit of a face-lift and prepared a huge list of cosmetic and practical mods for it.

As I already have contacts in the industry who helped me supply the "goodies" for my Nissan X-Trail, it wasn't a major problem sourcing some cool accessories for the little Rolla and I got straight into it.

Here are some pics of it completing stage-1 of the transformation ;)

P9020066.jpg

P9020067.jpg

P9020072.jpg

Anyway, here is the list of addition to the ZRE:

Aftermarket Fog Lights

P9020079.jpg

Bonnet Gas Struts

P9020075.jpg

P9020076.jpg

Rear Spoiler with LED Brake Light

P9020073.jpg

LED Mirror Covers

P9020070.jpg

P9020071.jpg

Edited by jalalski

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE CHROME PACK - includes:

* Chrome Tailgate Garnish (above number plate)

* Chrome Tail Light Dividers

* Chrome Headlight Dividers

* Chrome Front Grille Surround

* Chrome Door Handles

P9020077.jpg

P9020069.jpg

P9020074.jpg

P9020082.jpg

16" Factory Alloy Wheels

P9010073.jpg

Slimline Weathershields

20% Black Tint

K&N Drop-in Filter

Upcoming Modifications:

* Strut Bar

* LED Rear Bumper Reflectors (brake & parker light)

* Reverse Sensors

* Altima Leather Trim Seats.

Yesterday I saw a Wildfire Aurion with all that chrome plus more up over the lip of the mudgards, with protector strips down along the back edge of the doors. It can be over done, so I would say you have enough at the moment. :)

so I would say you have enough at the moment. :)

Exactly mate. I didn't use the rest of the chrome bits that came in the kit thinking it'll be way over-board. I just wanted to outline what needs outlining, especially the tail lights which were a bit lost with the red car ;)

If I was to suggest anything, it would be to remove the chrome trim around the tail lights. That looks nasty. Each to their own though.

Yesterday I saw a Wildfire Aurion with all that chrome plus more up over the lip of the mudgards, with protector strips down along the back edge of the doors. It can be over done, so I would say you have enough at the moment. :)

I spotted that same guy back in February. He ruined a good Aurion.

Spotted a Aurion Sportivo SX6 in Wildfire cruising down the Centenary Highway. If you are on this forum sorry, but sometimes there are just places where you shouldn't overdo the chrome. There were chrome strips on the section above the number plate, in the black space between the exhaust outlets, on the wheel arches, on the tail lights, on the door bumper strips, some other in-appropriate places, and you had 17 inch chrome rims. It looked cheap and tacky... not luxury or stylish.

Hey mate, looking good although I've gotta echo the other's sentiments on the chrome thing - definitely bling-y enough already. I'm with DJKOR too, not 100% sold on the chrome tail surrounds but the front trimmings look good :) And yeah, chrome rims would be way too OTT, maybe shadow chrome or hyper silver??

Future plans sound great too, shaping up to be a very nice rolla sedan!

I think the Corolla wishes it was an aurion,.. has car dreams about it all night then wakes up in the morning and thinks to itself... if only i had twice the power and the same economy :P

Yeah, that's what the Rolla thinks, the owner of it though thought to himself......if only I had twice as much money to spend on a car driven by the wife LOL :) He then woke-up from that nightmare of a dream. hehehehehe

As I said guys, I had to outline the tail lights as there were almost invisible with the colour of the car. I didn't want to go the Altezza chrome tail lights but that could be an option later on if I find some nice ones.

No chrome rims for this ride, kerb damage is highly probable by the second driver of this car ;)

And before you go any further, this Rolla is actually VERY lucky not to get the full chrome treatment, as I am known to LOVE the chrome theme (see my x-trail below nick named "The Chrome Exy"). hahahaha :) Yes, each to his own indeed as someone mentioned already.

62185_DSCN0926_122_1065lo.jpg

Edited by jalalski

the rolla is looking great do like the wildfire colour and also like what you did with the x trail :D :D :D

Before the corolla i was looking at a pt cruiser aand was going to go all Chrome bits as well :D :D :D :D

i do like the extra chrome

the new rolla s do like a mini version of the aurion

What else are you planning ?

If I was to suggest anything, it would be to remove the chrome trim around the tail lights. That looks nasty. Each to their own though.

Spotted a Aurion Sportivo SX6 in Wildfire cruising down the Centenary Highway. If you are on this forum sorry, but sometimes there are just places where you shouldn't overdo the chrome. There were chrome strips on the section above the number plate, in the black space between the exhaust outlets, on the wheel arches, on the tail lights, on the door bumper strips, some other in-appropriate places, and you had 17 inch chrome rims. It looked cheap and tacky... not luxury or stylish.

I think he has 19" chrome rims now!

Thanks rocky ;)

I also forgot to add that I changed that weak Toyota horn to something a bit more powerful and something than can alert other drivers who decide to change lanes at the last second.

It's the Stebel Nautilus 139db air horn. You can hear it HERE :)

An Italian piece of magic.

The number of times this horn saved me from an accident is unbelievable.

Edited by jalalski

I think he has 19" chrome rims now!

If that what turns him on, good on him ;)

Some people like to spend money lowering their rides, others like to drive around with doof doof systems or an exhaust pipe larger than the car itself and some like to blind people on the road with their bling, so all is good, but at least the chrome bits are more environmentally friendly add ons :lol: :D :P

Clean car. I'd have to agree with the others on the chrome taillight surrounds. I guess it would look nicer if the trim was thinner, so that it looks as if it was part of the taillight (Something like the 3rd gen Lexus ES330).

tail_light.jpg

Speaking of taillights, the Thai / Taiwanese version (Corolla Altis) have LEDs in them, though they look exactly the same as the rest of the world.

If you're going for the Corolla Altis theme, may I suggest adding the OEM side skirts, chrome strips on the grille & chrome + color-coded/ color-coded side rubbing strips to complete the look (Pics below.).

n661728346_365642_4123.jpg

n661728346_365680_762.jpg

issue_26_014.jpg

btw, I remember reading some of your post in the Xtrail section of the Malaysian Motor Trader Forum (The name sounded familiar.). :)

Clean car. I'd have to agree with the others on the chrome taillight surrounds. I guess it would look nicer if the trim was thinner, so that it looks as if it was part of the taillight (Something like the 3rd gen Lexus ES330).

You must have been reading my mind LOL :) I stood behind the car today and thought to myself, it does look like the Lexus from the rear and Aurion from the front. hahahahaha :)

Sorry mate, I will go against the flow with the tail light surrounds.

Speaking of taillights, the Thai / Taiwanese version (Corolla Altis) have LEDs in them, though they look exactly the same as the rest of the world.

That's interesting as I have changed the xtrail tail light to LED that was on the xtrail in Taiwan as well. Have you got pics of the Altis LED tail lights? I have to check it out.

If you're going for the Corolla Altis theme, may I suggest adding the OEM side skirts, chrome strips on the grille & chrome + color-coded/ color-coded side rubbing strips to complete the look (Pics below.).

I was tossing between going the full Altis theme or taking bits and pieces of it and I was offerred the full Altis bodykit for the ZRE which looks like this:

post-15048-1251894109_thumb.jpg

post-15048-1251894127_thumb.jpg

I'm still thinking about it.

btw, I remember reading some of your post in the Xtrail section of the Malaysian Motor Trader Forum (The name sounded familiar.). :)

Small world :) Yes, I was an active member on the MMT Forum in the xtrail section.

That's interesting as I have changed the xtrail tail light to LED that was on the xtrail in Taiwan as well. Have you got pics of the Altis LED tail lights? I have to check it out.

Here's what they look like.

n661728346_365432_1719.jpg

More photos here-> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2704...mp;l=6d8a9cb245

Also, couple of months back, Toyota Thailand launched a special version called the 1.6 SS-I, with extra equipment, one of them being taillights with clear indicators (instead of the amber ones.).

Thanks mate, I'm gonna have to track them down and also check-out the Thailand version.

I have seen full-on LED tail lights being used in Taiwan, but am not sure why they didn't make the small section of the tail light where the reverse light is, light-up as brake and parker as well.

I found every single possible headlight and tail light combination for the ZRE through my contacts :drool: :)

Now it's time to price them and decide what to get ;)

Don't say that.Ive been looking at the blacked out headlights from the thai ones i think.ive got the led taillights but not the ones with the clear indicator

Next on my list is strut n sway bars but im unsure where to look.

I found every single possible headlight and tail light combination for the ZRE through my contacts :drool: :)

Now it's time to price them and decide what to get ;)

Don't say that.Ive been looking at the blacked out headlights from the thai ones i think.ive got the led taillights but not the ones with the clear indicator

Next on my list is strut n sway bars but im unsure where to look.

Where are your pics phat azn? :D

Jalal i like your ride,go the ZRE kit,remove the tail light trim and replace with Altis badge..

I see your in the Shire,i'll look out for it.. ;)