Aurion intermediate shaft spline

boxerboy

Still waiting for confirmation from dealership when the new steering shaft the part is in stock. But great news from Toyota, I did do a lot of research and found a person high up who would listen to me. It all came together thankfully.

well i got my 45k service done yesterday... and after picking up the car, i could feel/hear ANOTHER clunking noise!!!! :angry:

considering my shaft got replaced a while back and the original noise has gone, its not that... also, its a different feeling/sound...

this time, its as daryl mentioned on the first page... it sounds like its either the caliper thats loose or the wheel is loose... :huh:

the only time it happens is at low speeds and its after i have applied the brakes and put my foot on the gas again...

UGH!!! a service is meant to FIX THE PROBLEMS... not create more!!!

not to mention that the rattling sound on start up is still there after the service...

gonna try and take it back to toyota today sometime and rip them a new one!!! :(

just got back from the toyota dealership...

the mechanic said there is definitely a noise coming from the front suspension somewhere and they said they'll look at it...

went back inside and the chick wanted me to book it in on monday... i said "ummm, no... if there is an issue with the suspension, i'm not going to be driving around on it incase something snaps/loosens/falls off/etc..."

so they're gonna look at it this arvo and let me know...

if it turns out that they've broken something in the process of a wheel alignment, i'll be ****** BIG TIME!

Hi all

So anyway, today I just got my car back from its 60000km service and I thought I might post the results. Now I told them a few problems that I wanted them to look into like the flaring, the oil hose and personally I felt there was a slight jolt/clunk when turning, accelerating or decelerating so I told them about this also. (maybe its just normal, but I'm sensitive when it comes to hearing and feeling things in the car).

Ok so these are the results....

1st Lander Toyota wanted $500+ for this service but I got them to match Terry Shields Toyota price of $337. (Pesking Things)

2nd The recall VVTI oil replacement hose was not done yet so they replaced this for me. This is covered under warranty.

3rd For the auto flaring between gears 2-3 (I was actually having this issue, happened about once or twice since I got the car). They are replacing the computer and giving me a new one. This is covered under warranty

4th As for the noise in the slight jolt/clunk noise I explained to them. They checked and adjusted it and they say its all ok. They also said that it may have something to do with the computer (Bull Crap I think). What ever they did its covered by warranty.

5th They didnt even bother to record this service in the service book of the car (LAZY).

6th I also had to get the passenger sun visor repaired because I accidentally snapped it off. This was not covered under warranty, even though I told them it just snapped off when my girlfriend flipped it down. So this set me back a whole $15. (I know only $15)

So that's all for now, when they get the parts in they will give me a buzz to get them fitted. Besides that the service was friendly and they changed the fluids. They also go over and check everything (although thats what they say and thats what it states on the invoice, they may not do jack !@#$)

The clucking on mine has gone BAD. I'm actually scared to drive the car. I can actually feel it in the steering wheel when slow manoeuvring. My dad does not have good hearing but even when I told him if you can hear it he certainly did even in the passenger seat.

When like parking or turning full locks as I'm turning its just going... Clunk Clunk Clunk.. Very annoying and scary.

I called Toyota on Thursday and the part still has not arrived. So ****** off. :angry:

The clucking on mine has gone BAD. I'm actually scared to drive the car. I can actually feel it in the steering wheel when slow manoeuvring. My dad does not have good hearing but even when I told him if you can hear it he certainly did even in the passenger seat.

When like parking or turning full locks as I'm turning its just going... Clunk Clunk Clunk.. Very annoying and scary.

I called Toyota on Thursday and the part still has not arrived. So ****** off. :angry:

You really should avoid driving your car if possible until it gets replaced. Dun risk it.

You really should avoid driving your car if possible until it gets replaced. Dun risk it.

I really have been, but sometimes you need to drive like stores, work etc and those are unavoidable. I'm literally in fear when I hear that noise because its such a distinct clunk.

It feels like the damn steering is going to break on me because when it clunks I can feel it through the steering which is a very very light clunk like a tiny vibration going into the steering.

I'm going to give them another call tomorrow, if they still don't have it I'm going to tell them I feel really unsafe driving the car (because I really do.)

The clucking on mine has gone BAD. I'm actually scared to drive the car. I can actually feel it in the steering wheel when slow manoeuvring.

Now you can truly agree that it is not caused by:

... the way you drive your car around tracks and stuff. You must of added major wear and tear.

:P :lol:

The clucking on mine has gone BAD. I'm actually scared to drive the car. I can actually feel it in the steering wheel when slow manoeuvring.

Now you can truly agree that it is not caused by:

... the way you drive your car around tracks and stuff. You must of added major wear and tear.

:P :lol:

I knew I would be eating my own words after saying that. All I can say the Aurion is one tough car. You drove it that hard yet the problems you are having aren't related to driving style but manufacturing faults. :P

SOOOOO ****** off :angry:

Just called the dealer to ask where the hell are my parts? It's been over two **** weeks and he said the new parts (rocker cover gasket and shaft) came in this week.

When I dropped my car off over two weeks ago, I specifically asked, when the new parts come in, should I keep giving you guys a call incase you forget? (I knew it would happen!) and the guys like nah nah nah mate we won't forget, as soon as it comes in we will give your mobile number a call.

And hey, they never did. If I never called today god knows when they would have called, if ever.

Anyway, its booked this Monday, its a full day job so have to drop the car off in the early morning.

no knocking for me but a rattle

to me, somehwere to the right of the steering

to dealer, it is the steering

that was 23rd Jan

I too had to call them to remind them

the part for me was

4522006132 steering intermediate shaft

so far so good, haven't heard the noise again

I do wonder if I was manufacturing or wear and tear (in which case it'll return, Sydney roads...)

Two weeks for your parts! Is that all! It has been three weeks for me and still no parts arrived at Penrith Toyota. They tell me they are finding it very difficult to get them and they have other people waiting for the same part. Hmmm....still sounds like a known fault to me.

Meanwhile, I drive my Presara with the knock, knock, knock.

Two weeks for your parts! Is that all! It has been three weeks for me and still no parts arrived at Penrith Toyota. They tell me they are finding it very difficult to get them and they have other people waiting for the same part. Hmmm....still sounds like a known fault to me.

Meanwhile, I drive my Presara with the knock, knock, knock.

What!? Three weeks? That's a load of bull****. I got mine within the 15-20 working day time frame as was stated on my service papers. Make sure that is even been ordered.

Because it will still take ages for it to come.

Do parts come by boat or plane? Because if by cargo boat it will explain why it takes so damn long.

I dunno much about this issue but at about 44000KM's i started feeling "knocks" on my steering wheel. Usually when turning and at first it happened only once in a while. But just recently at 52000KM's it got pretty bad, felt it every single time maybe even when i was going straight.

They fixed it for me for free but i dunno how much it cost. I dunno if this issue relates to what you just said though lol.

But i know my Car makes a sound after i start it on after a while and move off. There's a slight knocking noise that comes up after like 7 seconds of driving. I asked the dealer and somebody told me it's a totally normal thing, that it's the ABS...Anybody know if there is some truth to that?

Hee Hee Hee. I just called Penrith Toyota a week after my last call. The shaft is still on back order. It could take 3-4 days or it could take another 1-2weeks!!!!!!!! Poor, Toyota, very,very poor.

But I am assured by the lad at the service desk my car won;t fall apart, even though the noise is getting worse and wrose as each week goes by. I think I will be into week 5 next week of my wait.

I initially mentioned this problem at a routine service. They said they'd order the part and let me know when it came in.

2-3 weeks they said.

At least 2 months later they still hadn't made contact, so I thought I should. It wasn't getting any better.

They hadn't even ordered the part. It wasn't in.

I made some minor noise about poor customer service and that I expected better ....

It was in within 3 weeks.

So Toyota has suffered from their reliability reputation taking a dive, and judging from the reports of poor service, their customer service isn't too flash either.

Finally got the steering shaft fixed today. Haven;t had time to test it really as the missus has the car to go and watch George Michael!!

I also had them fix lumber seat as one of the motors was dead. They found the piece of a button (from clothing) had fallen and jammed itself into the motor. That little button cost me $220 to fix!! AArrgghhh!

Why didn't warranty cover the seat?

Simply because of this:

I also had them fix lumber seat as one of the motors was dead. They
found the piece of a button (from clothing) had fallen and jammed itself into the motor
. That little button cost me $220 to fix!! AArrgghhh!

It's like trying to get them to replace a wheel under warranty because you scraped it on a gutter.