- Cold Air Intake

- 2.5 Catback Exhaust

now my aim is to get 130KW +

later on i want to get:

- ported headers

- full exhaust 2.5

- power fc

- cams

what else would you recommend getting to gain this power and also get a time slip of low 14.0sec 1/4mile...

Thank you..

stroker kit

port & polish the head

valves + valve springs

C-one shorter ratio box + quaife LSD

Rev her out to 9K rpms

The intake manifold being sold on nc.org

that will make one mean N/A 2zz ;)

Hey Guys & Girls

I have done a dyno run today and got 110.1KW with:

- Cold Air Intake

- 2.5 Catback Exhaust

later on i want to get:

- ported headers

- full exhaust 2.5

- power fc

- cams

what else would you recommend getting to gain this power and also get a time slip of low 14.0sec 1/4mile...

Thank you..

Don't worry about the full 2.5" exhaust, the pipe leading into the hot side of the cat is very big as it is.

To get to 130kW you would just need ported headers, Piper Stage 2 cams and Apexi PowerFC. :) And a more flattering dyno... :P

Cheers, Gav.

Ported headers would give you more drivability with every day driving. If we are purely chasing a higher peak number which wouldn't be bad, casue I don't believe that you lose bottom end power, it just feels that way.

DD Intake manifold

Stage 3 Cams, Which means you need new valves and valve springs

Port and polish

PPE exhaust manifold

PFC

Which may bring you close to the 130kw range

OR you could add a stroker into that equation and you should definitely get over that figure.

Or take CHA45, cause those later gen 3s produce heaps of power for a 2L engine.

BKS got around 130kw @ wheels

Ported headers (head to head)

2.5 " exhaust

varex muffler

TRD CAI

emanage + v manage and tune

only actual expensive thing for hims was the emanage / v manage and the tuning / dyno runs the ported headers exhasut varex and trd cai including install costs for exhasut and headers was prob around 1200$ approx

Speaking from experiance I have 130kw at the wheels

Intake injen

My own ported headder (Send me yours and I will do the for $100 + Post)

Exhaust 2.5 inch with blitz exhaust

Fidanza flywheel

Hondata gasket

Camcon changing the cam degrees gave a big gain

This got me 127kw

I had to replace the cat with a high flow magnaflow to get 130kw

My next dyno should be more than 130kw as I replaced the blitz axel back with my own custom set-up with magnaflow muffler.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=23958

Edited by matt_glad

^^^ agreed, variable cam timing was such a huge +

my car made 118 with I,H,E, then the emanage netted the 122kw, then when we got the Vmanage working correctly it made 127... but due to some bull **** dyno error we coundnt see what the last 800rpm was doing.

soo at 7500 i was making 127kw.

cam timing is the key on our 2zz, couple that with bigger lobes and your in business.

my car made 118 with I,H,E, then the emanage netted the 122kw, then when we got the Vmanage working correctly it made 127... but due to some bull **** dyno error we coundnt see what the last 800rpm was doing.

cam timing is the key on our 2zz, couple that with bigger lobes and your in business.

Peak power on mine was between 7600 & 7800 by the looks of my dyno

So you may have been higher

Do you still have your corolla?

Hey Guys & Girls

I have done a dyno run today and got 110.1KW with:

- Cold Air Intake

- 2.5 Catback Exhaust

later on i want to get:

- ported headers

- full exhaust 2.5

- power fc

- cams

Thank you..

110kw .... doesnt the sportivo get about 105 to 110 standard on the dyno or are all the ones im seeing running cais :P she wasnt running super rich was she

Peak power on mine was between 7600 & 7800 by the looks of my dyno

So you may have been higher

Do you still have your corolla?

sadly no....

its sold now... but i parted out the ECU etc so its just running I, H, and E now.

If you plan on revving past 8500rpm the oil pump gears will help out reliability greatly.

PPE are working on an intake manifold at the moment too, so are MWR. The Corolla NA will always be kinda lame down the strip, better off aiming for the track. MWR do a baffled sump, they will also have a dry sump setup coming out sometime.

Does tuning the cam timing give more torque?

Also my friend said I should do something with my ignition timing, ill have to ask him ahgain

Yes, at a loss of it elsewhere. Don't even think about remapping ignition timing without some sort of aftermarket ECU...

I suppose if anybody wanted to get a bit fancy, I can see a set of quads from a SR20 hanging off the front of the head quite nicely...

Also my friend said I should do something with my ignition timing, ill have to ask him ahgain

Yes, at a loss of it elsewhere. Don't even think about remapping ignition timing without some sort of aftermarket ECU...

I suppose if anybody wanted to get a bit fancy, I can see a set of quads from a SR20 hanging off the front of the head quite nicely...

Yes both KW and torque are improved that is the whole point of tuning

Ignition map is designed to be running 100 octane anyway so unless you are running 100 octane there would not be much to gain.

Edited by matt_glad

I have been researching this ;) and from what I have been able to gather, and from discussing with a friend, a set from a 20v 4A would be should be easier, but then again he dont know 2ZZ, do you honestly beleive SR20 would be better for the 2ZZ?

I have been researching this ;) and from what I have been able to gather, and from discussing with a friend, a set from a 20v 4A would be should be easier, but then again he dont know 2ZZ, do you honestly beleive SR20 would be better for the 2ZZ?

The 4age 20v have been done before, but you would need a very good ECU to tune either type of quad's

There may be a bolt on Intake manifold built soon that will improve on factory intake manifold which would be easier than doing quads.

But quads are cool <_<

The 4age 20v have been done before, but you would need a very good ECU to tune either type of quad's

There may be a bolt on Intake manifold built soon that will improve on factory intake manifold which would be easier than doing quads.

But quads are cool <_<

The Vipec/Link G4 could easily handle a 2zz with quads, just use a 4D fuel map.

Yes both KW and torque are improved that is the whole point of tuning

Ignition map is designed to be running 100 octane anyway so unless you are running 100 octane there would not be much to gain.

if you are Tuning a 2zz, you will note the stock ECU pulls the ignition timing, then puts it back in, right before lift kicks in... as a bit of a sales pitch for LIFT.

tuning with aftermarket ECU can "fix" this.. makes your power curve more linear.