TRD Vs The Big Foot (HSV R8)

Bye Bye TRD

Comment Posted by TRD588 on my video on Youtube....

----------------

Hey there TRD guy,

I have just got my car back from the Exhaust place after fixing some crazy work they did at the factory. Unfortunatley the computer has gone crazy cos too much flow thought the exhaust now so it is going to the Horsepower factory in January for a piggy back computer.

I ran an R8 clubsport today and even with my tuning up **** creek I stayed on him all the way. Ha ha 6.2 ltres and 18 litres per 100 against 3.5 ltres and 9 litres per 100. What a joke.

--------------

I say BRING IT ON........ :)

Ha ha 6.2 ltres and 18 litres per 100 against 3.5 ltres and 9 litres per 100. What a joke.

Jokes on you because the TRD doesn't stand a chance in a "proper" race.

Ha ha 6.2 ltres and 18 litres per 100 against 3.5 ltres and 9 litres per 100. What a joke.

I know but u have to keep in mind the fact that R8 is 6.2 ltr with 317KW at the engine. Not a bad start for stock TRD. I am sure if we can play around with the computer with some mods then there is no stopping.

I say BRING IT ON.....

Don't trust everything you read on the internet. I'm not saying his lying, but you have no proof. Also, what generation R8? Sure it wasnt a Commonwhore with an R8 body kit?

The TRD Aurion is a nice sports car if you want quality, comport and a bit of speed but the truth of the matter is for the price range you can pick up a bunch of other cars that out perform the TRD Aurion 0-100 and on the track. I would not call the TRD Aurion a racing spec car.

Don't trust everything you read on the internet. I'm not saying his lying, but you have no proof. Also, what generation R8? Sure it wasnt a Commonwhore with an R8 body kit?

That's what i asked him too if its was the 317 or not.

Secondly, a very stupid person would not be able to tell the difference between a body kit and a real deal. I think he is not stupid as he choose TRD as his ride.... :P.... but i might be wrong too........ lol

The TRD Aurion is a nice sports car if you want quality, comport and a bit of speed but the truth of the matter is for the price range you can pick up a bunch of other cars that out perform the TRD Aurion 0-100 and on the track. I would not call the TRD Aurion a racing spec car.

I have seen the video for 0-100 in 5.4seconds which is very good. Secondly, 13.71sec @ 102.2mph for a quarter mile which is pretty impressive too. :)

Edited by TRD 555

I have seen the video for 0-100 in 5.4seconds which is very good.

I'm not trying to troll, but I think I saw

as well. It is hard to take that as fact because it is possible his running down a hill and everyone knows 100 on the dial isnt actually 100(it is always less).

I'm still laughing.

Everyone always gets hyped up all the time about comparing kilowatts without paying attention to torque. You do realise that the R8 also produces much more torque than the TRD Aurion. A whole 150Nm more than the TRD. When combined with proper gearing, this torque will leave the TRD behind.

As for the 0-100 video, that barely proves anything. Because it is only filming the speedo, they could have easily made the conditions more favourable as HT has already said.

And onto that original quote again:

That is a bit of an over-statement I would say. If you were to push the TRD to it's limit and then run the R8 to be at the same pace, fuel consumption would probably be close to equal.

although the trd's are a great car, i agree with everyone else. straight line run's have to be the worst performance indicators of a cars abilities. im pretty damn sure the r8 would eat the trd for breakfast.

as daryl said, the torque of the v8 combined with the gearing ratios would leave the trd miles behind on a track, especially through the corners.

Edited by lateralus

With a rolling start, you will be amazed at how well the TRD can keep up with the FPVs and HSVs. I've kept up with a VE SS with a rolling start, and I've pulled away from BF FPV F6s before but the FG F6 just takes off and leaves the TRD in the dirt. The torque in that turbo inline 6 is just madness. Would you really want a Ford though....I've heard it's hard to turn off cruise control. :lol:

The main issue with the TRD isn't the power - it's getting all that power to the road. I've clocked a 5.8s (Vbox verified) 0-100km/h on a dry day with warm tyres, just by easing down on the accelerator and not jamming your foot down which causing wheelspin and loses time.

If you combine all the factors, fuel economy, comfort, reliability, exclusivity, it's one hell of a fine machine. If you get a used TRD for $20k off RRP (quite a few on Carsales), the bang for your buck is phenomenal.

Edited by Supercharged TRD

AS we are talking road cars, all that counts is 0 to 60kph, 0 to 110kph, and passing speeds! Unless you use your car for racing or are a ?>!!... and then there is quality. Last 2 new Holden's I owned spent time just about every weak under warranty in the workshop. With problems as the dealer put it, Oh! that's Holden! or Oh! that's mass production! To which I replied. Oh that's my money!

I would take the V8 home n e day... gota love the torque they PRODUCE!!! The new R8 IS HOT!! Me n BG PETE saw a R35 GT-R yesterday at OLYMPIC PARK, DAMN IS THAT CAR FINE!!!!!!!! Maybe a TRD AURION SHOULD race that thing n c how it goes... But ur gota love the V8's... The TRD AURION is a PHAT CAR TO!!!

AS we are talking road cars, all that counts is 0 to 60kph, 0 to 110kph, and passing speeds! Unless you use your car for racing or are a ?>!!... and then there is quality. Last 2 new Holden's I owned spent time just about every weak under warranty in the workshop. With problems as the dealer put it, Oh! that's Holden! or Oh! that's mass production! To which I replied. Oh that's my money!

People from this forum have had the same problem with their Aurions...

I think people are forgetting that the driver has a hell of a lot to do with it also.

As per what Supercharged TRD said, I have had many rolling starts with the new generation V8's and they just don't pull away from the TRD at all. That said, a standing start with a good driver behind the wheel may well be a very different story.

As for track work, if you know the limitations of the TRD, you can put down a similar lap time to an R8 around any track, other than Bathurst where the torque is needed up the hill ( just an example ). The bigger and heavier HSV's and FPV's are a handful on the circuit unless set up properly suspension wise and of course with the correct tyres and pressures.......

I have driven a few HSV's and FPV's and they are hard work when pushing them to the limit ( on track of course ).

The TRD is a bit of a sleeper and i am sure the V8's have no idea that it has a supercharger under the hood.....maybe through lack of knowledge.......or ignorance......it sure as hell surprises a few though.

Ok i will try not to mention the T word or the Q word

Your 1600kg plus (R8 1800kg +?)cars achieve is good straight line speed no doubt about that. Talk to northy about what's required to make them steer and stop. I'm not saying it can't be done, but to the guy in the VK V8 out there ripping the R8, 427, Senator, TRD times to shreds, there's a lesson in that.

And I didn't even mention my own car, and I really really wanted too

whitestivo

Edited by whitestivo

I have time for anyone who is enthusiastic about their car and takes pride in it.

But quite often we can get a bit too enthsiastic about what we hold the keys to.

Struth, I have see guys in the car pool at work with identical cars who reckon thier one is faster than their co-workers. Why? Just because they drive it?

It's great to see the TRD Aurions post up some good numbers, but at the risk of appearing disloyal to Toyota, I will add my piece.

I have driven an '08 3500S and a VE Series 1 Senator.

I am a realist.

They are both beautiful cars.

They are very different.

The HSV chews up, digests and leaves no pieces of the Aurion.

i havnt driven the aurion, but r8 VE 08 yes, and as you's say yes the torque is pretty cool, not to mention the pull u get in your seat, and ud expect the passenger to say wow that put me in my seat but not the driver cause he expects it, well the driver feels it too and i had tonnes of adrenalin afterwords...

as we say at my work cause of an apprentices number plates, POW-EE !!

Struth, I have see guys in the car pool at work with identical cars who reckon thier one is faster than their co-workers. Why? Just because they drive it?

Wow......... my eyes are wide open after reading all the comments. Kinda mixed ones but the above comment should be written in GOLD...... Thats the main reason. No matter what car we drive, it will be the best one in the world.... WELL SAID IMB055

• 2 weeks later...

This thread seems to be missing something :lol:

Did someone's feelings get hurt?

Edit: That was my bad. I didn't realise there are two threads like this. I thought someone deleted all the posts, but they are here instead:

Smashing HSV's