My NeW RiDe.....

yale

hey guys.. just thought id post some pick of my new 2010 Toyota Aurion ZR6.. just got it yesterday..

pretty awesome car.. very quick... fkn love it.. (just Quietly)

Future Mods:

1st - would be the wheels upgraded to 20's

2nd - window tinting by Performance Tinting (chrome to black fade) since i live in SA ther aren't any laws against window tinting now.. now we can tint as dark as we want.. dont kno if this is applicable for the rest of the states..?

3rd - The Exhaust...... gonna go with the xforce varex cannon... but wanna sus out the Y piece at the front first... looks like a tiring job..

4th - (maybe) change the CAI

hope u guys like it.. i have been getting a bit of info about the y piece at the fron off here.. and cant wait for it all to happen..

cheers..

post-8292-1264718817_thumb.jpg

post-8292-1264718829_thumb.jpg

post-8292-1264718850_thumb.jpg

post-8292-1264718867_thumb.jpg

post-8292-1264718894_thumb.jpg

post-8292-1264718921_thumb.jpg

looks awesome man!!! seeing the black with clear tail lights has reignited my interest in getting them for my car... :D

imo, looks fuqn awesome! :D

congrats on the new car... get the CAI with the exhaust... you wont be disappointed! :D

looks awesome man!!! seeing the black with clear tail lights has reignited my interest in getting them for my car... :D

yeah i looked into them on pricing, cos i wanted to tint them but if i got defected i wanted to know how much for a new pair..

prices were..

$250 each for the brake lights on the boot

$350 each for the brake lights on the body..

but is still kinda pricey for brake lights ay..

Welcome mate. Looking good, though in my personal opinion, you should tint those tail lights. They are just too bright for the darker colour of the car.

Welcome mate. Looking good, though in my personal opinion, you should tint those tail lights. They are just too bright for the darker colour of the car.

yeah dont worry i think im going to do that any way.. as well as get some headlight covers and get them tinted aswell.. so it all blacked out..

also mate.. just wondering with your exhausts... did u get the oval varex with the 4 " double walled tip? if so how did u go with fitment? since the out let is in the middle of the varex.. wheras on the stock exhaust the out let in on the side of the exhaust..

also.. did you do from the cats back?

if so... what size in pipe did you increase to?

cheers

yeah i looked into them on pricing, cos i wanted to tint them but if i got defected i wanted to know how much for a new pair..

prices were..

$250 each for the brake lights on the boot

$350 each for the brake lights on the body..

but is still kinda pricey for brake lights ay..

i got a quote from toyota... $998 +postage for all 4 lights...

not toooooo bad i thought, considering they're genuine toyota parts... but still a bit exxy... :)

also mate.. just wondering with your exhausts... did u get the oval varex with the 4 " double walled tip? if so how did u go with fitment? since the out let is in the middle of the varex.. wheras on the stock exhaust the out let in on the side of the exhaust..

also.. did you do from the cats back?

if so... what size in pipe did you increase to?

Yeah mate. I have the oval Varex with 2.5 inch inlet and the 4 inch double-walled tip. Fitting it was a piece of cake for the right exhaust shop. Details on this experience can be found by reading onwards from here:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=306577

I have only changed the rear mufflers. New piping was used from the flanges after the rear y-pipe, but apart from that, all pipe diameters remain the same.

2nd - window tinting by Performance Tinting (chrome to black fade) since i live in SA ther aren't any laws against window tinting now.. now we can tint as dark as we want.. dont kno if this is applicable for the rest of the states..?

Hot car man, someones rich :(

Anyway, don't go jumping the gun with tinting. In SA its 35% all round, not anything you want.

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/person...tor_Vehicle.pdf

The old laws were 75% front and 35% back, now it can be 35% front and 35% back just like the rest of Aussie states. I believe that it should be 35% front and 20% backs, I wish!!!

Hot car man, someones rich :(

Anyway, don't go jumping the gun with tinting. In SA its 35% all round, not anything you want.

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/person...tor_Vehicle.pdf

The old laws were 75% front and 35% back, now it can be 35% front and 35% back just like the rest of Aussie states. I believe that it should be 35% front and 20% backs, I wish!!!

na never rich.. haha.. :lol:

yeah ur right bout th tint.. kinda devo now :(

ah well.. i spose i can just get them to tint it a little darker than 35%...

im in a town wher theres only one aurion ZR6 and its mine... :yahoo: every one else here are holden or ford ppl.. poor things.. :whistling:

thers nothing a few dollars cant buy ya from th tinters.. haha

Congrats Yale,

I didn't realize that they removed the side bumpers (or what ever the proper name is). Looks better but the side "bumpers" have saved a few dings for me.

I like the new positioning of the AURION badge, on the upper front quarter panel.

Congrats on the car. It looks great.

However, along with the Caribbean blue, the black must be the worst of the colours to keep looking clean and the sight of a swirl will disappoint f'sure.

A paint protection strategy is a must.

Congrats Yale,

I didn't realize that they removed the side bumpers (or what ever the proper name is). Looks better but the side "bumpers" have saved a few dings for me.

I like the new positioning of the AURION badge, on the upper front quarter panel.

Was thinking the same thing, those side bumpers are a must for every car. They help from dings a lot.

Future Mods:

1st - would be the wheels upgraded to 20's

Nice man! Welcome!

It will look much nicer once the wheels are changed. I suggest something clean and simple, nothing with fake rivets, nothing all chrome. (just my opinion)

I'm a little worried about the chrome to black fade, I don't think it will look nice at all. (just my opinion)

Congrats on the purchase yale, cant wait too see what you got up your sleeve.

I agree with Daryl here, it just looks out of place. definietly smoke them

Congrats Yale,

Think theyre called side mouldings? Practicallity wise, theyre good. IMO without them it just looks plain without any skirts. But i guess im just to use to seeing them on nearly every car

Edited by private number

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys, thanks for all the comments.. :D

just bought some spray so i can smoke the tailights also thinking about doing the blinkers in the door rear view mirrors..

i seen a while ago that someone tinted ther tail lights with some kinda special tint.. but just cant seem to find it.. ah well.. :( will post up some picks when i get a chance..