toyota or lexus badges

wilbur94

Ever seen Holden guys with their Chevy badges would I be a idiot if I was to put the Lexus badge on the Aurion well let’s face it has a Lexus engine right

thanks

Ever seen Holden guys with their Chevy badges would I be a idiot if I was to put the Lexus badge on the Aurion well let’s face it has a Lexus engine right

thanks

No it doesn't have a Lexus engine, it has a Toyota engine. A Lexus is a Toyota. You could argue that it has a Hilux engine too, or a Kluger or a Rav4 engine.

Anyway, badges on a car which don't actually represent the car underneath are a total ****. Chevy bow-ties look like **** on a Commodore, and Lexus badges on a Camry/Aurion will just make you look like a *****. The only time that it might be applicable is if you have a Soarer/Aristo etc (ie a Toyota vehicle that was also badged as a Lexus in certain markets).

thanks

No it doesn't have a Lexus engine, it has a Toyota engine. A Lexus is a Toyota. You could argue that it has a Hilux engine too, or a Kluger or a Rav4 engine.

Anyway, badges on a car which don't actually represent the car underneath are a total ****. Chevy bow-ties look like **** on a Commodore, and Lexus badges on a Camry/Aurion will just make you look like a *****. The only time that it might be applicable is if you have a Soarer/Aristo etc (ie a Toyota vehicle that was also badged as a Lexus in certain markets).

It's acceptable IMO, but I don't think people on the street all over australia will accept it. In Indo, they all change it to Lexus emblem and it looks good. With the correct MODS, the image of Aurion with Lexus badge will not look ridiculous at all in my view..

Really the aurion dosent have a Lexus engine that's what made me buy the aurion because the guys at my dealership said it had the rx engine and gearbox

and the other was my Benz nut son was impressed with the aurion engine and how responsive it is over his E350 he said put a Lexus badge on it with a haha your an idiot smile on his face

Toyota make lexus and all the lexuses are way heavy then the Aurion....... The only good Lexus to get would be the IS 350 But i got told you cant import them here. Same motor as the Aurion but RWD!!

There's no point importing an IS350 because Lexus Australia are putting them on sale here later in the year...

Toyota make lexus and all the lexuses are way heavy then the Aurion....... The only good Lexus to get would be the IS 350 But i got told you cant import them here. Same motor as the Aurion but RWD!!

There's no point importing an IS350 because Lexus Australia are putting them on sale here later in the year...

But if you had the money to blow, how cool would it be to have one FIRST!

But if you had the money to blow, how cool would it be to have one FIRST!

And have all the problems that will occur because you bought a grey import? Anyone who bought a grey Prius before they were officially sold here can attest to the headache it can create, especially with things like repairs and warranty (basically, you're up a particular brown creek without a oar-like device)

I agree 100% with steven:

don't

i've made fun of MANY idiots, one of whom is a mate of mine who soon got rid of his badge with all the flack he got over it!

so to sum up, DON'T DO IT!!! ;)

i wish mine was a RWD... :(

i might be able to do a burnout!!!

Edited by yoz-r6

lol today we had our local car show which the company i work for is the naming rights sponsor and i was standing at the dyno area talking to a guy who’s SSV Sportwagon was about to be run and i mentioned to him that "you" Holden guys loves your chev grills and he looked at me with great offence (just like i had punched his nanna in the face or something) and said we put them on because we don’t like the dinner plate size Lion emblem... But as for the Lexus badges on Toyota's there is a hilux getting around town here with Lexus emblems on and you do think it is pretty lame on a lux but on a Aurion or Grande kluger that both share the power train with Lexus you could get away with it, hell may even fool a few Lexus owners but just remember to get rid of any TRD stickers or badges you may have put on because that would look sort of dero!

Yes. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

You'll get that "there goes a t0$$er" look from some, those in the know.

Maybe an Audi is in your future?

Edited by boxerboy

I once saw a Datsun 200B with a Ferrari sticker on it.

Maybe it helped him go a bit faster , but it did make him look like a tool.

Haha...I see that more as a self deprecating humour. Worth a laugh it's so obvious.

The Aurion/Lexus badge substitution scam isn't about humour though.

I once saw a Datsun 200B with a Ferrari sticker on it.

Maybe it helped him go a bit faster , but it did make him look like a tool.

Guy down the road from me had a Lamborghini badge on his Astra wagon (on Ps too), that didn't last long though.