Steve's Aurion ZR6

Steven

got them from ebay user nabobery. I actually disassembled the fog lights when I got them to give them a coat of paint and I saw plenty of room below the lens for a longer bulb if desired. I think for the time being I'll keep mine non-HID as for their intended purpose I find the halogen H3's would be bested suited.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Been back on the road for nearly 2 weeks now. Fixed the Traction control mod problem. Very glad to be back on the road again. I've been trying to organise a photo shoot to finally get some decent current shots of my car up however the weather on my days off has not been very kind as of late.

Also just found out my front brake pads need replacing badly, and the front rotors machined. About 2000km ago when it was serviced at Toyota they reckoned everything was fine up until the next service :angry:

As they say, need something done right/stuffed up, do it yourself :P

Looking forward to some good photos when you do get the chance. Saw your car parked out the front of your work the other day (remember, I walked in and said "Hi Steve, car looks good" and you shot me that who the hell are you and how do you know me look...)

Front grill looked sweet. So did the blacked out headlights.

Looking forward to some good photos when you do get the chance. Saw your car parked out the front of your work the other day (remember, I walked in and said "Hi Steve, car looks good" and you shot me that who the hell are you and how do you know me look...)

Front grill looked sweet. So did the blacked out headlights.

LOL actually I get that a lot at work - there are a lot of people who are members here but don't post much but see me at work. But at that time of morning I am literally brain dead so don't take it personally :)

cheers for the comments guys. Am thinking of getting the car out later today and doing a mini shoot with my own, dodgy Nikon camera. Just gotta stay awake long enough, hope the weather stays dry and be able to think of a suitable location.

I forgot to mention the other night Steve, but because of your dedication with getting those plates, I will give you free TOC Supporter membership for as long as you are around.

Also, the interior of this car has to be seen in person. Photos just don't do it justice. It has such a luxury feel to it now.

Woah! Very nice man. Didn't know you had the same colour as me :) You put so much work into it, congrats. I don't have time now but when I do I will read all 10 pages before I ask any questions.

Nice headlights steve.. Is it not a defective mod in Brissy?

cheers. As I haven't changed their effectiveness at all (left the reflectors etc untouched) then I believe it's perfectly legal.

back on the road and loving every minute of it.

Haven't been able to figure out the varex yet, the exhaust system isn't loud enough in its "open" state that I've been able to tell the difference from inside the car revving the engine. I have considered unbolting the varex so I can actually see what state its in unless I'm able to figure it out with DJKOR's help at this weeks meet. Google doesn't help either as apparently there are a few different remotes being used by Varex.

Definite WIN on the plates!! :clap: I know I've said it before on this thread but I'll say it again, the black headlight surround is hot! :yahoo: So dw, the 'dodgy Nikon' pics came out just fine :lol:

well *****. Got the curve for the lower bumper incorrect, and when rending the MDF further to the correct amount it snapped :angry:

Have to start over, this time using 12mm or even 10mm MDF once bunnings is open again.

Changed the spark plugs over today. Biggest PITA of a job I've done on the Aurion ever. Whoever designed this method for changing plugs should be taken out and beaten by those who are faced with this task. Finally got them in though with little more than a broken intake manifold stud, however due to some cleverness on my behalf it wasn't an issue.

Also got 6L of Castrol Edge Sport 5W-30 to do an oil change, however looking at the color of the oil on the dipstick I think I'll leave it for a week or 2. At least until my nerves return to normal again.

I am absolutely loving your car Steven. I got a gold Aurion myself and I wish I had the kind of ideas and skills you have at modifying it. It looks really nice. :)