Steve's Aurion ZR6

Steven

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What spark plugs did you use? Denso? NGK? Bosch?

spark plug replacement

Just thought I'd let you all know the price of these plugs appears to have jumped. Made several phone calls, both Toyota spares and other mobs and they all wanted in the vicinity of around $34 per plug!

I therefore suggest if you need them, the denso ones are easy to find on ebay (part number FK20HR11) and can be delivered from the states for around $100 total. Loving this exchange rate.

Got my set coming!

yep, as DJKOR posted I used the denso ones that Toyota offers. The ones that came out exactly matched the replacement ones.

Interesting to note the old ones looked to be in fairly good nick, not bad after 80,000km.

Fitted my home made lower grill today. Not overly happy with it up close, same with my upper grill the paint finish isn't my cup of tea, but will have to do until I get them professionally resprayed.

Sorry it's a bit hard to make out due to the lighting.

post-13080-0-76542900-1304567830_thumb.j

Looks great mate matches very nice. I know im abit behind the times but love the look of the blackened headlights as well.

With the new badge makes for a very complete and sexy look :clap:

I keep coming back to look at your y-pipe, and I keep getting ideas on picking one up from the wreckers and doing it myself.

If you can find one at a wrecker I'd certainly recommend it! Considering you've actually been down the 1/4 it would be nice to see what gains you make after.

Redid my upper front grill today, which involved fully dismantling it, sanding it back, respraying it and then remaking the mesh sections. I was entirely happy with the previous mesh as it was composed of 2 grills that I had butchered off another car at the wreckers, and as such it always looked a little bit off. Since then I've remade it from scratch out of MDF to match the lower grill.

Pic doesn't do it justice, and as per all other grill alterations previously made it isn't too obvious.

Also swapped the GPS antenna from my DVD player to a quality aftermarket version. Where the supplied antenna is pretty basic, I found a much better antenna and fitted it this afternoon. I'm now getting a much stronger signal, gone up from 3-4 satellites to around 9-10 almost instantly! Very wise investment for anyone with these units I suggest.

post-13080-0-22607100-1305262571_thumb.j

Looks great Mate!!!

Which gps unit are you using? also the company is in Brisbane to pick-up isnt it?

Looks great Mate!!!

Which gps unit are you using? also the company is in Brisbane to pick-up isnt it?

The unit I'm using is the older version of this unit. Only difference is a slightly different exterior and mine only has the single TV tuner.

Yeah he allows pickups, actually he prefers it that way

• 2 weeks later...

a few updates. Brakes are coming along nicely however whether they'll be ready by the Nationals is anybodies guess. It will mostly depend on how much work I get as opposed to free time.

Took her out to Willowbank tonight to finally figure out what she can do. First few runs had me almost in tears at around 15.28 average, with another higher than 18 due to excessive wheel spin. Finally managed a best of 14.867 with a max speed of 94.89mph (152.72km/h) . This was done without a spare, half a tank of 95ron, and my heavy **** (130kg) in the driver's seat. Not to mention my special, teflon-made tyres. Launch involved a lot of babying the throttle to prevent wheel spin so I'm confident with better tyres I could get about 14.7

Quickest way for me to run is in S-mode, manually shifting it (loving those paddles), with a stall speed of between 1200-1400rpm but feathering the throttle for about 20-30 meters, with plenty of time to cool down between runs. As they finished up a bit early I only got a chance to get 1 good run in, but now I know my recipe for success I'm set for next time.

This also provides a bit of insight into my exhaust, as Aurions are known to run 14.8 stock (in fact there was a facelift sportivo there that ran 14.8s all night long, completely stock) it would indicate my exhaust system isn't having much overall effect on the cars performance. Although my Y-pipe mod should free things up some, it could use some tweaking and after those factory headers I'm thinking the benefits are minimal.

Will post pics of the time sheets later

my twin forester spotted you today. did you see her? you were parked next to you

I miss NOTHING! (Why do you think I parked there?)

Installed my ghetto intake today, after much cheapness and corner cutting. But DAMN does it sound good, I never knew the standard intake (despite all I had done to make it louder) was muffling the engine. I've now got a damn sexy growl every time I plant my foot :yahoo:

Power increase? No idea as I'm well aware of the placebo effect and don't plan on claiming anything until I have the 1/4 mile times to prove it.

Also big thanks to DJKOR for helping me make this all happen. Mate I reckon there's a carton of cheap, ghetto beer out there somewhere with your name on it :lol:

post-13080-0-78094400-1306563948_thumb.j

post-13080-0-35922300-1306563974_thumb.j

Looks the goods Steven. If you were to add a layer of paint and slap on a sticker, it would look just like the K&N :lol:

The 2GR's sure do sound wicked under load with an intake like that.