Best RPG game ever played

Kenshin X

Hey guys, just wondering what's your favourite role playing game (RPG) ever and the reason?

I got a few, can't seem to pick a favourite...

Here we go...

Final Fantasy 6 = incredible storyline

Final Fantasy 7 = storyline characters (Cloud is awesome) :)

Chrono Cross (PSX) = confusing but deep and intriging storyline and nice soundtrack

The Legend of dragoon (PSX) = unique game play

Star Ocean (til the end of time) = storyline characters

:D

FF 7 for sure

FF 8 - All characters are awesome.. Usually with FF, there are 1 or 2 who look pretty F**ked

Xenogears - Songs, themes, characters, storyline. Evrythin is awesome

Suikoden 1 & 2 - Best storyline ever... Nothin beats that

FF 7 for sure

FF 8 - All characters are awesome.. Usually with FF, there are 1 or 2 who look pretty F**ked

Xenogears - Songs, themes, characters, storyline. Evrythin is awesome

Suikoden 1 & 2 - Best storyline ever... Nothin beats that

Agreed with FF 7 - playing it right now, awesome game (only wished disc's 2 and 3 weren't so much shorter than disc 1)

Does WOW count lol? retired mid 2009, played since 2005.

lol better stick with the single player rpgs :P though i would have put ragnarok (RO) up there too :)

too bad they weren't remaking ff7 i would have got a copy for sure! :D

Not sure if these count as RPG, but I used to like playing Diablo 2 LOD and Red Alert 2. I'm not much of a gamer.

hey SD, i think diablo was closer to the strategy game rather than RPG but u could level up on spells (i used magician :D ). red alert 2 was definitely a strategy game, that was cool too :)

It's too hard to choose, so some of the best ones i've played in no particular order:

Final Fantasy VII -- All time favorite :D , collectible now, some mint condition ones sell for more than $160+

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy X - PS2, great story + character buildup..

Final Fantasy X-2 - PS2, sequel to the previous one, finishes of the story.. :D

Final Fantasy XII - started playing this a month ago... just gettin into it.

i want XIII :whistling:

Golden Sun - DS, great story, and lengthy storyline, i like the long ones more...

Golden Sun 2 - DS

Golden Sun 3 is supposed to come out soon

and finally,

Chrono Trigger -- All time favorite :D. this was on SNES, they made a version for DS recently :yahoo:

Chrono.

Edited by Chrono Trigger

No 1 heard suikoden before? You guys haven't played the best game yet.. Quality and gameplay might not be the best.. but nothin beats the story line.. 108 characters, and possibly 109 with different endings.

No 1 heard suikoden before? You guys haven't played the best game yet.. Quality and gameplay might not be the best.. but nothin beats the story line.. 108 characters, and possibly 109 with different endings.

i've heard of it before... but i never got the chance to play it. but hey games those times, man i remembered saying "WHOA MAN, COOL GRAPHICS YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE THEIR "blocked" HANDS!", looks at ff7*** :D

Edited by Kenshin X

Not sure if these count as RPG, but I used to like playing Diablo 2 LOD and Red Alert 2. I'm not much of a gamer.

hey SD, i think diablo was closer to the strategy game rather than RPG but u could level up on spells (i used magician :D ). red alert 2 was definitely a strategy game, that was cool too :)

Diablo is an RPG with simplified character development and extra action. Red Alert is a real-time strategy game, not even close to an RPG :P

Most of the Final Fantasy games rock....but what got me hooked on RPG's back in the day was Zelda,what a great game.

also +1 on Fallout & Fallout 2,so much depth. :)

Best of all time:

Chrono Trigger (incredible story, music, graphics, everything.)

Runners-up:

Breath of Fire II

FF VIII (I played VIII before VII, which spoiled VII a bit for me because I found the graphics irritating by comparison)

Best of all time:

Chrono Trigger (incredible story, music, graphics, everything.)

Runners-up:

Breath of Fire II

FF VIII (I played VIII before VII, which spoiled VII a bit for me because I found the graphics irritating by comparison)

yay,one more person who liked Chrono Trigger too :yahoo:

yeh and as mentioned before, lookin back at the older titles... FF7 has blocky arms and everything...but it's got epic storylines!!

Chrono.

yay,one more person who liked Chrono Trigger too :yahoo:

yeh and as mentioned before, lookin back at the older titles... FF7 has blocky arms and everything...but it's got epic storylines!!

Chrono.

Yeah it definitely does. I haven't yet made it past the first CD (embarrassingly), but I reckon I'll give it another go tonight :)

I think AD 600 music was one of the most completely perfect tracks for that time and place in the Chrono Trigger story.

Edited by Keisari

on the topic of ff7. has anyone successfully dated barret or yuffie in golden saucer on 1st disc? i tried everything i could, attack aeris and tifa and left them dead and never put them in my team etc. argh! :D

Saints Row 2 - Being able to creat your own character, customise him and watch him in the mini movie clips. Awesome

Gears of War 2 - Just guntastically crazy!

Yep, im an xbox 360 boy

Saints Row 2 - Being able to creat your own character, customise him and watch him in the mini movie clips. Awesome

Gears of War 2 - Just guntastically crazy!

Yep, im an xbox 360 boy

Neither of which are RPGs by the way - GoW is a third-person shooter, Saints Row is a third-person action, ie a Grand Theft Auto clone.

Big gamer, but not that much into RPGs, mostly 2d ones from the super nintendo days

Anyways heres my line up in no particular order:

Grandia 2 (Awesome Awesome game)

FFVII

Legends of Zelda (pretty much all of them)

Diablo 1, 2 and expansion (waiting for D3 to come out)

Torchlight (Free RPG, much like Diablo 2 but its a little crap to be honest)

Suikoden 3

Neverwinter Nights

RPG's which I'm waiting to get my hands on:

Diablo 3

Final Fantasy XIII Verses

Final Fantasy XIII

Games I usually play that aren't RPG's:

Modern Warfare 2

World of Warcraft (I dont play it religiously though)

Super Street Fighter VI

King of Fighters (Any of them, this game is the best!)

Tekken 1,2,3,4,5, and 6 (Love the whole series, although 6 was rather disappointing)

Devil May Cry 1,2,3 and 4

Starcraft 1 and 2 (got my hands on beta)

DotA

HoN

LoL

Like I said I'm a big gamer :lol: