whitezr6's aurion

whitezr6

That's actually more clearence than I was thinking there would be :) I think the 235's would easily fit up, 245's might even also clear (just might have issues with scrubbing the guards which you probably would have anyway running 9.5s on the front)

You have to remember that once the wheels are bolted to the hub, the clearance between the wheel/tyre and the strut wont change, if at all it will just be tyre flex when you pushing through corners. But with stretched tyres theres very little of that anyway

When i was installing the coilovers in my car, i was playing around with the alignment of the wheels. Loosening the 2 bolts that hold the coilover to the hub, u cant push the top of the hub in and pull the bottom of the hub out to get some negative camber. Or you cud pull the top of the hub out and push the bottom of the hub in to make it postive, in your case to get more clearance. However u mite require another wheel alignment after wards.

Hey guys

That's actually more clearence than I was thinking there would be :) I think the 235's would easily fit up, 245's might even also clear (just might have issues with scrubbing the guards which you probably would have anyway running 9.5s on the front)

You have to remember that once the wheels are bolted to the hub, the clearance between the wheel/tyre and the strut wont change, if at all it will just be tyre flex when you pushing through corners. But with stretched tyres theres very little of that anyway

I was surprised too, that's a little more than 2 mm clearance surely. This Saturday, booked in to do a test fit on 235/35r19's, fingers crossed it turns out well. Been yes and no and yes and no regarding fitment, this will bring closure and help me decide what to do next with the rims. Rims stick out of the guard by like <10mm, and that's not compressed or any camber.

When i was installing the coilovers in my car, i was playing around with the alignment of the wheels. Loosening the 2 bolts that hold the coilover to the hub, u cant push the top of the hub in and pull the bottom of the hub out to get some negative camber. Or you cud pull the top of the hub out and push the bottom of the hub in to make it postive, in your case to get more clearance. However u mite require another wheel alignment after wards.

If Saturday goes well, will be asking pedders to do fronts -1 or -2, and get some rear camber bolts -1.5 camber, got quoted $170

Not game enough to do it myself lol... but thanks for the info

finally got around to getting these installed :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/q90/s720x720/1150809_10200809132644809_975430294_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q81/s720x720/1005668_10200809132204798_1823401838_n.jpg

Quick question for those who have had these installed, Auto-electrician didn't seal up holes where wires were coming out, did anyone else leave these as is or did you seal them up with say cut up foam or some other waterproof material?

Also, lo-beam pattern, its not the same as stock, I'll assume its an attribute of the design of the lights, definitely need to adjust them.

In other news

19x9.5 +42mm rims w/ 235/35 tyres fit :)

Wheels rotate, but the rim is really close to the struts, but they fit

Hopefully on the car by the weekend, just waiting on tyres from east, need 93 load rating :)

Edited by whitezr6

Looking good Juan, Really like the way she sits, perfect

They were the "Mars" ones? or the aftermarket copy of the Mars? The easiest way to tell is the copies have a "celis" rod type angel eye.... (basically a tube of Perspex with an LED shoved into each end)

They both suffer from alotta probs. ( I really need to do a proper write up on these) after opening a bunch of em now, the most noticeable prob is what you just mentioned.

Really crappy Projectors, (cloudy swirly lens's) Very poor build on the frame and high beam gate..... and the biggest let down is the supplied ballest and bulb.

You can see a 40-80% improvement just by replacing these alone to quality Morito or phillps and It dosn't hurt to goto 50W+ power this helps get the beam through the crappy lens's.

Your lights might also be balanced for LHD as well.

Looking good Juan, Really like the way she sits, perfect

They were the "Mars" ones? or the aftermarket copy of the Mars? The easiest way to tell is the copies have a "celis" rod type angel eye.... (basically a tube of Perspex with an LED shoved into each end)

They both suffer from alotta probs. ( I really need to do a proper write up on these) after opening a bunch of em now, the most noticeable prob is what you just mentioned.

Really crappy Projectors, (cloudy swirly lens's) Very poor build on the frame and high beam gate..... and the biggest let down is the supplied ballest and bulb.

You can see a 40-80% improvement just by replacing these alone to quality Morito or phillps and It dosn't hurt to goto 50W+ power this helps get the beam through the crappy lens's.

Your lights might also be balanced for LHD as well.

Crazy the God ones,

Yep, that's what I already miss from the factory headlights, being able to see at night more than 4 or so metres lol

I opted out from their HID kit

problem was bought a new D4S HID Conversion kit, bulbs F****D up on me after 2 start ups

Had to remove bumper to change the bulbs, I actually broke one into 2 pieces

I had to modify my old H11 HID bulbs to fit, as I use the car nightly going home

I like them, just very very very poorly designed

Yeah, was thinking today time to get a decent HID kit from Phillips whatever the cost, I don't really wanna going through the process of removing my bumper every time a crappy bulb burns out...

I should put up a photo of the headlights at night, because I asked for RHD, must be just a thing they mention to get you to think they have some made for AUS when really its not the case...

Appreciate the info as always :)

Niceeeee finally got em!

Did you send up selling your old set? Saw them on Gumtree haha

These are the same set, I went and did a test fitment with tyres and hoped for the best and accepted the tiny coil-rim clearance

Saw that wheel rotate and a big sigh of relief

So I removed the ad and put them on the car lol

Damn....the fitment on them look awesome! So wat r u gonna do with the 20s?

Need to raise her up to legal height, as I do not want a yellow sticker lol

Sell them on gumtree and give the $$$ to bro so he can buy some rims for his 86 lol

Is he on the forum too? Seen so many 86's getting out of control lol

That fitment looks perfect, shame you have to heighten up a bit! Yellow stickers make the car look nicer I'd say ;)

• Like 1

Is he on the forum too? Seen so many 86's getting out of control lol

That fitment looks perfect, shame you have to heighten up a bit! Yellow stickers make the car look nicer I'd say ;)

Thanks :) Wanna raise it as I sold my stock rims, don't really want to spend money getting some to pass the pits lol as the wheels I have been told won't pass, so don't wanna get yellow stickered for anything to say the least lol, he reads but hasn't posted anything as its still stock :)

shud try loading the backseats maybe see if theres any rubbing. some reason i passed the pits with lowered springs on my car, it was about 8cm clearance :clap:

A guy reckons guards will scrub, but not the tyre to the coils. I've got 85-90mm ground clearance, damn exhaust, body kit has like 110-120mm

It looks like you're missing centre caps?

But dayum. I knew they would fit and I knew they would look tough. Wasn't wrong :)

Yeah they don't fit lol, any idea where I could get some deeper black centre caps lol.

Thanks mate you gave me hope and everyone who commented, I just had to make it happen by testing fitting it with tyres, I'm happy with the results

Edited by whitezr6
  • Like 1

Me and me mate used zio ties to hold the exhaust higher up. We took off all the rubber hangers.

But cops hardly check for ride height unless its RIDICULOUSLY low.i

Pedder's wanted $200 inc wheel alignment, will give it a go myself tomorrow night and get a wheel alignment elsewhere Toyota charges $75, so might get it done on my next service :)

That look sexy as hell man, that third pic is the money shot!

Thanks mate :), if only the forged concave's with lip were around the $2k mark

many likes