Kenshin's Rice Rocket

Kenshin X

love what you've done with your stivo mate. your car is my inspiration to start modding asap :P

btw does thuoc bac pay for all your parts, cause thats whats gonna be paying for mine B)

love what you've done with your stivo mate. your car is my inspiration to start modding asap :P

btw does thuoc bac pay for all your parts, cause thats whats gonna be paying for mine B)

acupuncture is MUCH MORE profitable :P where do you study? RMIT bundoora?

acupuncture is MUCH MORE profitable :P where do you study? RMIT bundoora?

yeah, thats the plan, its more of a family business though past down from many gens...

anyways i'll stop spamming.

the rollas look great together with the wheels :lol:

OK! moving to the next stage of track preparation!

Stripped rear seats + tools + spare wheel + all the trims and carpet and plastics

DSC01522.jpg

FYI, seats and all these things off was total of 57.7kgs. My stivo weighs 1100kg so thats a 5.25% weight reduction. Yes it doesn't seem much but acceleration is somewhat quicker. This also made my rears slightly higher than the fronts. I want to purposely make my rear end slide out abit during cornering to fight understeer.

2011-03-22152828.jpg

going to keep the tyre pressures at 37psi fronts and 35psi rear (warm) and keep it this way for the rest of the track day.

While those back seats are out, i might as well clean them throughly eh?

DSC01524.jpg

Chucked Redline 5W40 Fully Synthetic Oil in after Amsoil Engine Flush...

DSC01517.jpg

and changed the fuel filter and fuel pump filter

DSC01520.jpg

and FML... limiter is still at 7.8k...Pif.gif

Duy why dont you flashtune your ECU? maybe will fix ur rev limiter? and it will make it go alot quicker apparently it helped with my freinds one he reacons goes so much quicker and his is completely stock.

Pauline Hanson voice "please explain?" Hmm.gif

where can i get it flashed? i kinda dont wanna touch my ecu... in case sh#t happens... Pif.gif

awesome pictures pete :P sorry i couldn't see you last night. was to damn late and i needed my sleep... but i woke up at 5.30am anyways FML... Pif.gif

OK another update

Yesterday got the rear skirt fitted on my car. First thing i looked at was the finish of the paint so i didn't really notice anything strange until i took a step back to look... the panel beater had used the wrong side of the mesh so the rear skirt had the silver mesh instead of the black mesh like the rest of the car! but ever fear... i brought it back to them and them just masked the mesh off and painted it matt black so it looks like the rest of the car now No1.gif

these guys are top blokes and i recommend them to anyone going through some insurance work to be done by them.

Sam @ MacIntyre Auto Repairs 198 MacIntyre Road North Sunshine 3020. Ph: 9367 8411 Mob: 0418 369 263

Sam is a painter by trade so the qucality of the work and the finish was absolutely superb No1.gif

Anyways on to the pictures now Ok.gif

DSC01536.jpg

2011-03-25142353.jpg

-hot neithertheless now my ONLY concern is that while the cut was excellent, the gases from the exhaust still hit the rear skirt. its not hot enough for me to go "OUCH!" and pull my hand away but quite warm to warm hopefully the rear skirt doesn't deform or warp because of the hot gases. This also brings a close to my exterior cosmetics of the car. Well and truly over. Ok.gif

Now there is only

one more modification that i'm saving up on and its the most expensive one Sigh.gif

and another thing...

2011-03-26064517.jpg

custom fabricated washers for the annoying engine mounts that keep popping out! Arrow Laser in Thomastown whipped these up for me. Great guys, allowed me to make them for 50 bucks (8 washers) when they were running a bigger job simultaneously. Top blokes they are. Speak to Daniel. About time too for track, these washers will do me very well. Getting these fitted today and i'll show pictures of how bad the mount inserts have squeezed out during only 3 weeks of driving later when the cars up in the hoist.

Dimensions of the washers are: 85 outer diameter, 13 inner diameter, Thickness 2mm, Stainless Steel finish

Afew pictures after the cars just been cleaned... mind you i detailed quite a few months ago. still happy with the shine my stivo is atm ;)

DSC01533.jpg

DSC01532.jpg

DSC01535.jpg

DSC01534.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

DSC01528.jpg

now to clean those wheels tomorrow to make it LOUD on track! :lol:

Another update

Got those washers in. Ben and Reade from Pedders Soutch Melbourne. Awesome guys and top blokes. They took out the engine mount and measured the hole to size with the ferret of the engine mount (the hole where the bolt goes into. So we used a dremmel to shave the 2 washers out to size and then he shaved the polymount inserts 2mm down so it fits in with the washers. The inner diameter of the washer actually needs to be 22.0mm to 22.5mm. the outer diameter of the poly mount inserts are 78mm. oh wells mine are 85mm. still fit so yeah... ;) here are some pictures...

rear mount inserts only after 5 weeks of driving (and this is not totally living in Lift)

2011-03-26085447.jpg

Ben (the taller guy at pedders) shaving off the polymount inserts

2011-03-26101922.jpg

Picture of the finished products

2011-03-26102657.jpg

Pictures of the ES engine mounts + bushings in

2011-03-26104118.jpg

2011-03-26105559.jpg

Now these bastards will NEVER squeeze out again... Ggg.gif

vibration in the chassis is alot better than before (possible because of the lubes and the washers keeping them in?) and lift is awesome as it kicks in. no engine movement at all. Also got my allignment and set my toe at -1.5mm on each side. Bring on winton bitches... Ggg.gif

Hey Xoom can i call these washers "rice patty filled washers"? LOL :lol: you have your own "garlic sauce filled washers" hehe :lol:

good stuff mate! funnily enough, my engine mounts havent popped out at all. but mine are actually black, so maybe being from a different batch theyre a slightly different compound to yours?

good stuff mate! funnily enough, my engine mounts havent popped out at all. but mine are actually black, so maybe being from a different batch theyre a slightly different compound to yours?

i actually heard about them being different... but i think andy (BKS) had black onesand they popped out as well... were they a bit flexible?

Looks good with the rear skirt on. :)

Really interested in what you think of the varex, how does it sound/feel with it closed/halfopen/open? Noticeable power difference?

Thanks!

Looks good with the rear skirt on. :)

Really interested in what you think of the varex, how does it sound/feel with it closed/halfopen/open? Noticeable power difference?

Thanks!

Any muffler will be a w@nk factor until u uprade the cat back. Muffler is good when u open it. Doesnt sound too droney. Quieter than stock when closed