HOLDEN!

e240

I really like FWDs :-D

I (heart) FWD's too!

Shut the door and it feels the outside has been muted instantly. The door shuts with a nice “woommff” unlike my Kluger’s that goes “bengggg”. I am not good emulating sound but you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean. All Commodores sound like that when you close the doors. It has that more solid sound to it when it latches.

Every time someone posts in this thread a baby kitten dies.

Well, there goes another.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly what you mean. All Commodores sound like that when you close the doors. It has that more solid sound to it when it latches.

That was specifically focused on in their new range, even on their cars coming out of Korea. Holden have used that as marketing spin and it was worked quite well. Holden had and still have a reputation for flimsy cheap quality body and structure work (just like every other middle tier car manufacturing company), so in their wisdom they decided to improve door thud and spin it off as a test for make quality. Holden done something right :clap: .

Honda back in the 80's did the same thing with the doors and carried on till this day.. My accord euro's doors shut nicely too

That aside.. the instruments, dials, knobs on the commodore i drove felt quality. Its probably just little under the accord euro's but definitely better than the kluger's. I am quite dissapointed by my kluger's interior... not what a made-in-japan should feel like. They've really gone down hill

If you're after a sedan, I'd suggest the FG Ford XR8.

Personally, I think they look better exterior and interior wise and are less common than the SS'.

lol @ anything ford

Guys FWD's can be fast good handlers too you just have to know how to get the best out of them, Once you’ve changed your style driving to extract the best out of them your right. Perhaps this is why Aurion cops a caning from Motor/Wheels. There so used to a million billion kw rwd v8 that they don’t have a clue how to drive a fwd quickly lol

Maybe all Asian ladies don’t like falcodores hence the Asian men don’t get to buy them?

totally wrong assumption there.

I would LOVE to drive and own an XR6T in firey burning RED.

I would cream at the chance of owning one.

And if i roll up at the lights next to another asian (so yes, just confirming i'm also asian) in his over-rated and over-priced german machine, and he decides to give me all he's got - the XR6T may loose...or it may have the very real possibility of smashing the ego-istic, face-seeking, status-poof**** desiring dude in his not so dream machine anymore.

lol.

the safe assumption would be - most asians who purchased a Commolcon (not very good @ thinking differently to falcodores), purchased them as stock standard models and expected them to last a lifetime - i.e. up to 250,000kms. however while trying, they experienced all the things that wouldnt go wrong in a jap car, to go wrong. and not only that, they expected fuel consumption to hover around 9-10L/100km. so its that multiplied by 1,000,000 asians and you can see why bad word of mouth suddenly jumps from 1,000,000 to 1 Billion.

silly to expect fuel consumption to hover around 10L/100km? Yes

silly to expect non-jap making cars to be as reliable as jap cars? Yes (because no culture can compare to the japs)

And the most important assumption of them all is, those who purchase stock standard Commolcons are tight-a$$ in terms of $$$. So, they will regret the fuel cost.

Having said that, i currently dont care to bits what my camry does, because i know it will never reach beyond 10L/100km - no matter how hard i try to burn the tiny heavy donkey camry. but if i owned an XR6T i would be cautious.

So, in my opinion, i would only ever own an XR6T/Commolcons if it were through company novated leases - because its just soooooooo much cheaper than actually owning one outright.

I did actually consider getting a SSV instead of the TRD when it came to getting a replacement car. I think the only thing that stopped me was the fuel bill I would experience. Apart from that, I actually wanted one.

All that said, funnily enough I had a dream last night where I sold my TRD and got an SSV. In said dream, the SSV was an uncomfortable car to drive and everything all 'felt' wrong (like way out of proportion) and I actually felt extremely bad that I got rid of my TRD. Then I woke up and realised that the TRD is still in my garage.

A sign maybe?

I did actually consider getting a SSV instead of the TRD when it came to getting a replacement car. I think the only thing that stopped me was the fuel bill I would experience. Apart from that, I actually wanted one.

All that said, funnily enough I had a dream last night where I sold my TRD and got an SSV. In said dream, the SSV was an uncomfortable car to drive and everything all 'felt' wrong (like way out of proportion) and I actually felt extremely bad that I got rid of my TRD. Then I woke up and realised that the TRD is still in my garage.

A sign maybe?

There there Darryl, it was only a dream.

I would love to have a SSV, but for what I have paid and for what I get out of my povo-pack Aurion I love it.

I had a dream that i signed a contract on a new fpv f6..... Then i woke up and realised that i should make it true. :lol:

When you mentioned you were selling the TRD i had this very slight feeling you were going into something like a FPV F6 FG sedan in white or something similar,if your dream becomes reality all i can say is WOW what a weapon,i wouldn't turn down any of the the new 2010 or the upcoming 2011 FPV's.

demqzd.jpg

and the horsepower upgrades available for these are freakin insane...i read somehere one of these was running 600-700rwhp and was a daily. :blink:

Indeed, an XR6T or an F6 are absolute weapons. Just like the original VL Turbos, these have developed an almost cult following of their own.

If you get one, can you take me for a drive whilst I grip the jesus handles and shriek like a school girl?

I think the F6 are overpriced for what you get, but I do believe the XRT6 are fantastic value for money. It all depends what you want in the long run though. Whilst they may go like a shower of ****, they're fairly commonplace and don't hold value well either. Plus I'm not as fond of their interior quality but it's not that bad really.

If I were to spend that much money on a ford I'd get something better like a beamer/merc etc.

unreliably overpriced, plus, at that price, you cant get a good beamer/merc.

the most value for money way purchase australian muscle cars are through company leases. makes car loans redundant

Plus I'm not as fond of their interior quality but it's not that bad really

well we can have it both ways can we? its either average quality interior and the ability to give an m3/amg a run for their money, or it'll be just another locally made and failed luxury sedan by ford.

but I do believe the XRT6 are fantastic value for money

yes indeed. u might roll up at the lights next to a nice option-ed up 2.0T audi, but meh, your xr6t was spare change compared to the audi, and u can smoke them at green.

Edited by Wixy

I think the F6 are overpriced for what you get, but I do believe the XRT6 are fantastic value for money. It all depends what you want in the long run though. Whilst they may go like a shower of ****, they're fairly commonplace and don't hold value well either. Plus I'm not as fond of their interior quality but it's not that bad really.

agreed... after driving the FPV F6 and the XR6T over the weekend, i'm finding it hard to talk myself into the extra $$$ for the FPV over the XR6T... :huh:

we will see what happens this week... :)

might not even bother with anything... :)

This thread is a carrier of HIV.

Every time someone posts, Toyota sells a Prius.

Every time someone buys a Holden I die a little inside.