HOLDEN!

e240

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trlht.jpg

if you aren't being a troll;

its not a choice i would make, but that said if you want to go fast your options are certainly better with a SSV

I want to trade my Aurion in for a Holden SS-V

The car looks pretty cool and i can be a V8 Bogan (Asian bogan i guess)

thoughts?

do what ever you want.

the only asian i've ever seen driving a commodore was a japanese pro drifter in a pontiac on tv.

I'll admit, I have yet to see an Asian with a rats tail and/or a mullet

Only clean cut here...

Asian will pop the bonnet and go WTF this is to easy to work on ... im buying an EVO

man...easy is good - I doubt I'd even pop the bonnet. I'm not willing to fork out for an Evo X and since my mom will be driving the car most days, I need to get a Auto anyway...

thoughts?

Go for it.

I wouldn't say they look cool, but they sure as hell sound nice.

And say goodbye to good fuel economy.

Yeah, have arranged a test drive this weekend. My only issue is I need a car that can tow a car trailer and I hate 4WDs or SUVs.

I'd consider a TRD, but then...its essentially the same car as the Aurion...

I'm also thinking that with depreciation, it might actually be worth my while to swap cars now..had the Aurtion for 3 years now..

I'd like a C63 but I'm can't figure forking out more than 50K for a car...

Edited by e240

Go a TRD Hilux, blow the equivalent Aurions into the weeds :D

i could get a hilex and join John Boston in Hilux heroes..LOL probably crash into him...

no 4wd or SUV - need a Sedan :-D

If you're after a sedan, I'd suggest the FG Ford XR8.

If you want a car that will spend more time driving than being repaired... I'd go for the Holden. :lol:

If you want a car that will spend more time driving than being repaired... I'd go for the Holden. :lol:

Depending on your budget ofcourse but there is only one I would buy, Senator in silver ;) No bodykit,its all class.

Personally, I think they look better exterior and interior wise and are less common than the SS'.

No way!!!! if you wanted a fast Ford you'd be a total tool to over look the XR6 Turbo/F6 and buy the asthmatic Boss V8, there a waste of space! If you want a V8 then it's got to be the GEN4 powered Holden and a SSV isn’t a bad choice but like DJKOR said just forget about good insurance, fuel economy or rego costs. Also don’t expect the same service from your dealer or the manufacturer. Other things to remember is too that Holden is set to update the look of the VE later this year so if you don’t mind having the older looking car or the Pontiac look then you might be able to pick up a great bargain!

Or alternatively if you did want the falcon V8 sound then the Boss engine is on the way out soon to be replaced by the S/C Coyote V8 so another chance to pick up a bargain! Good luck either way!

Other things to remember is too that Holden is set to update the look of the VE later this year so if you don’t mind having the older looking car or the Pontiac look then you might be able to pick up a great bargain!

Or alternatively if you did want the falcon V8 sound then the Boss engine is on the way out soon to be replaced by the S/C Coyote V8 so another chance to pick up a bargain! Good luck either way!

Very good points there...

I want to trade my Aurion in for a Holden SS-V

The car looks pretty cool and i can be a V8 Bogan (Asian bogan i guess)

thoughts?

Ok...for a V8 in the SS-V, I am guessing that engine will have AFM which means when not under load, the engine will shut down 4 cyclinders to save fuel economy. If anyone heard this before, Honda Accord V6 had this 1st with its VCM which shuts down 3 cyclinders when not under load before the Holden did. I recently trolled the Holden commodore thread (I am not a member there) and someone actually said it is possible to make more power with tuning on the AFM V8 engine. That was months ago so I don't know if that was true or not.

Also...as anyone said, build quality between Holden Commodores and Toyota Aurion is planets apart (think earth as aurion and mars as commodore). Fuel economy wise, a V8 drinks more than Aurion V6 by maybe 5-8 litres more even if it has AFM. Space wise, the Commodore has it. Exterior is already dated and interior as well on all Commodores. Like someone else said, an update is on the way, possibly VF so if I were you, I'd wait for it. Keep the Aurion a bit longer since your mum needs it right?

Originally the Commodore was on my list of the cars to buy but my cousin dumped his VE Commodore SV6 sedan because he is moving to Kalgoorlie as part of his new job meaning he gets a new car of his choice while in Kalgoorlie. He says the Commodore has too many parts falling apart so I hope it is not the same story for the SS-V (since the finish would be grades better)

When people compare build quality between the Commie and Aurion, what are you comparing it to? Interior, exterior, engine build quality, etc.

Also don't forget, Aurions copped a lot of crap from people as well saying the insides rattle, creak, its all cheap hard plastics etc. I doubt the holden is worse. Probably on par with Aurion build quality(Parts wise). The engine and components I guess that is a whole different story as I only ever hear good things about the Aurions tranny and engine.

If you want brute power buy the SSV,and yeah i agree with a few of the lads those F6 Turbos are an absolute weapon and can't be overlooked.

one thing that the VE has is the most spastic handbrake i've ever seen/used,but at least it's a handbrake. :P

Good luck with what ever you get mate. :)

on a side note... was next to one of these this morning on the trip home and on the other side of that a BF and to be completly honest id rather root a bloke than drive either ... ugly looking bits of crap to me... Have CHA5A build you a TT cressi

I was under the impression that only the autos have AFM.

Can't understand how they can make more power, the afm is there to deactivate cylinders, nothing more.

Some people don't understand how it works, so they pass opinion on it which is misinformed.

I personally do not like it. The idea of turning the flames off in the same 4 cylinders doesn't sit well, I believe the materials aren't up to that stage yet.

Unless they have software built in to activate said cylinders once every few cycles to keep temps up.

Either way, if you're going for power and bang for buck, go the FG turbo 6

Edited by Jap

JAP: as far as i understand, its not the same 4cyl that get shut down all the time... they rotate which cyl gets shut down...

i could be completely wrong, but i remember reading something about it a while back... it might not have been the holden though...

the only time i'd buy an XR6T over the SSV would be if i was planning on modding the car (ie, everytime! :lol:)

std car vs std car, the SSV is a much nicer car to drive, imo...

R8 vs F6 is a WHOLLLLEEEEEE other ball game... ;)

I did some looking into the AFM system on the LS engines, they have double skinned lifters on 4 of the 8 cylinders, the other 4 run normal hydraulic rollers.

They have a valve body on the oil gallery that diverts oil pressure to channels in the lifter bores that throw a pin and disconnect the cam lobe from the pushrod to deactivate valve action.

But back to the choice of vehicle, you can certainly do worse than an SS-V, at the end of the day, its up to the individual.

EDIT: F**ked spelling lol

Edited by Jap