Which car should I buy?

Croatian Princess

Which car should I buy  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

350z any day of the week.

FAR more excitement and thorough enjoyment over the period of time owning it.

Bugger badge snobbery, think about cruising down the local hot spot with a drop zed that when you plant the foot in it the car bucks like a horse. An IS250 offers you none of that.

Keep the Corolla, buy a house imo

When you turn 32, you'll see the wisdom of my words ;)

This is the best idea.

However, if you are set on a new car I would go the Lexus any day of the week.

Putting the money towards a house is a wise decision. I could certainly agree on that.

But if your mind is set on a car then that's the way it is. I could easily answer to say to go for the 350Z, but I like to be a bit more practical. Sure you may possibly have more fun in one, but is that all you want your car for? If I had to choose from the two, realistically I'd be getting the Lexus.

That all said, at that age if I wanted practicality, I'd get a Sportivo Aurion (and I did). Has space for most of your needs and a bit of enjoyment can be had at the same time to keep your sanity.

If you really are set on a vehicle, one question to ask is how long you plan to keep it for.

If it's a long term vehicle, I'd lean towards the IS250 as that is more practical for everyday purposes as well as a potential family vehicle whereas the 350Z is not very baby friendly. This is not taking into consideration ownership costs.

I'm going by the assumption that cost is not a factor atm, which then brings the question to which vehicle suits your lifestyle better and depending on how much joy either of these cars can give, ie. if you do regular track days then the 350Z would definitely be more fun than the IS250, but if you participate in business functions regularly, then the IS250 would probably be more suitable.

That all said, at that age if I wanted practicality, I'd get a Sportivo Aurion (and I did). Has space for most of your needs and a bit of enjoyment can be had at the same time to keep your sanity.

Exactly the reason I got one too :lol: Large enough for family as well as cheap enough to run for someone in early 20's

Edited by Morequick

Screw the house, your 22, enjoy your life, you got 25-30 years with a mortgage

I can tell you my 200sx when i was young, awesome, i have no chance now i have a house of getting a car like that again for many years.

so many old grandapas on here

whitestivo

Yes buying a house is good advce, but I'm not ready for that big a commitment! My only concern about the 350z is the soft top. Anyone have any experiences or things to say about soft tops? Noise safety repairs etc. With the is250 I feel like I'm just buying another Toyota, except a nicer body.

As far as practicality goes DJKOR, she did state that she would keep her Corolla if she bought a zeddy!!

I don't see paying rego/insurance on two cars for your own use as practical. Each to their own though.

you'll look much cooler in a 350z than a is250. trust me... ;)

Depends ;)

If we are anything alike (just sayin') this would be my rationale

P plater = nice practical care. Cheap to run, not a bomb, looks good. cheap on fuel. ei my camry or your rolla

Full licence when single = Sexy sports car. 2 doors. (2 or 4 seater). Head turner. plenty of power. single life woot woot. ei 350z

full licence with a family = sexy luxury car. 5 seater. enough room for the kids yet have enough power behind it to keep it entertaining ei lexus

Me being 19, id go for the 350z :)

Save your money, wait a couple years, get a new FT-86.

or

Get a hard top 350Z, unless your getting 6 figure supercars, loosing the roof almost always makes a car 'floppy' and a bit heavier due to underfloor bracing. That and I think they look better :)

All valid comments i think, especially choosing a car based on how you intend to use it. Sure the smarter move is save and buy a property but you're 22 and you're deciding which $38000 car you like the most! You've got a good income so I'd go for it & have some fun.

If I were you, get the lexus. IMO the simple answer is its just a better overall car. if those 2 links were examples of ones you're looking at there's no contest. The nissan looks poo in that colour, has done 60000km and has nowhere near the same kind of fruit as the lexus, for the same money.

Sell the rolla and get the Lexus if you want better quality and value for money. I wouldn't pay $38k for that 350z convertible. I just bought a TRD 3500SL with half those km's and I didnt pay anywhere near 38.

Maybe something else to consider......

trdaurionstripey004.jpg

All valid comments i think, especially choosing a car based on how you intend to use it. Sure the smarter move is save and buy a property but you're 22 and you're deciding which $38000 car you like the most! You've got a good income so I'd go for it & have some fun.

If I were you, get the lexus. IMO the simple answer is its just a better overall car. if those 2 links were examples of ones you're looking at there's no contest. The nissan looks poo in that colour, has done 60000km and has nowhere near the same kind of fruit as the lexus, for the same money.

Sell the rolla and get the Lexus if you want better quality and value for money. I wouldn't pay $38k for that 350z convertible. I just bought a TRD 3500SL with half those km's and I didnt pay anywhere near 38.

Maybe something else to consider......

<snip>

NICE. Now DJKOR has an evil twin brother :spiteful: