[VIC] Jan Monthly Meet 2011, 10:30AM 30/01/2011 @ Bundoora Park

dwee.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahaha as Tash said, there are Tash, Barb and the boys' girlfriends that come along. Tash also made a good point below and you might find that we are an easy-going and friendly group; we don't bite! You can bring a friend or two, that's no problem - just let me know so I can organise food if need be. Location and time is still pending but date is locked for the 31st of January! Looking forward to meeting you. :)

31st is a Monday?

Hey, I resemble that remark! Hahaha. I may look like a bogan, but I'm as harmless as can be. Don't stress, the last meet I went to had a great bunch of friendly people there! B)

Thanks Troy! (one of the newer club members :))

Okay well seeings it was Peter doing the beginning organising I think he should have a say in what we end up doing. For what its worth because there will be 3 of us coming from Bendigo a day time meet would be great, say like midday for lunch, that way we could leave around 3 or 4pm and not get home too late. I don't mind the drive but if we're going to be in the city or out the other side its a 4 hour drive or more there and back.

I reckon a lunch somewhere we can catch up and chat would be awesome and maybe a short drive to a nice location for photos - there's still time to organise a BBQ but there's a bit of work to do that so there were a couple of restaurants suggested, lets pick one of those maybe?

Sorry to sound like the typical bossy woman (:lol:) but I'm really looking forward to catching up with you all again and there'll be a couple of new faces along, so something easy and low key would be great, and maybe we can combine the meet with JDMST another time.

Yeah that's fair enough, I was thinking more of a lunch thing. Really thinking of taking Troy's suggestion below of Bundoora Park. I think I'll take a look after work tmr since it's on the way home! Also, it will be similar to last time the boys from Sydney were down, everyone donates, we have bbq, chat, take photos, eat more, chat more, let Mick make out with his car lol. End of the day, money donated will be to Flood appeal on behalf of TOCAU. :)

:) ah that's alright, if we have a catch up lunch that would be great to, I though we could meet somewhere where it's easy to get to and also that parking won't be an issue, since if we meet in the CBD it would cost money to park plus hard to find parking where everyone could park near one another. Hmm I'm not really keen on driving to the city that's all.

I'll be avoiding the city. If you want, list your the suburb where you live, and people that live in the same area can drive to the location together so it want be boring and meet/know a few faces before meeting everyone else. :)

ill come for sure and donate some coin for the floods... not cool enough for JDMST as im a regular user on SADMST :lol:

HAHAHA!! And for sure, the current situation is just devastating! Everyone donate a bit to help, this is what Australians do best!

31st is a Monday?

Yeah, sorry, I meant the 30th. I got a tender due on the 31st..lol post above edited.

Bundoora Park is a nice one, easy enough to get to, and has a nice lookout with a reasonable size carpark we could all get some great photos at if the weather is good. Has BBQ facilities as well.

Thanks for the suggestion! Googled it and looks decent place to have bbq and take photos! I had a quick look and thinking about either River Red Gum Picnic Reserve or the Kite Run Reserve in the Bundoora Park. I'm leaning towards the Red Gum Picnic Reserve but will confirm tmr after work. Troy, what do you think? Have you been there before?

Yeah that's fair enough, I was thinking more of a lunch thing. Really thinking of taking Troy's suggestion below of Bundoora Park. I think I'll take a look after work tmr since it's on the way home! Also, it will be similar to last time the boys from Sydney were down, everyone donates, we have bbq, chat, take photos, eat more, chat more, let Mick make out with his car lol. End of the day, money donated will be to Flood appeal on behalf of TOCAU. :)

Excellent, I reckon that sounds like a really great idea and happy to donate to the flood appeal :) Although with all the troubles we're having up our way there will be a Victoria appeal soon too :unsure:

Okay so to make it simple its Sunday the 30th of January, BBQ lunch at TBC location, most likely Bundoora Park. That works really well for us Bendigonians too because Bundoora is not hard to get to :)

So, we're a bit tight on the cash so no chicken skewers from our end, what if we bring bread and salad? We are having our housewarming here the night before so if we've got anything good leftover to bring we'll bring that too ;)

Excellent, I reckon that sounds like a really great idea and happy to donate to the flood appeal :) Although with all the troubles we're having up our way there will be a Victoria appeal soon too :unsure:

Okay so to make it simple its Sunday the 30th of January, BBQ lunch at TBC location, most likely Bundoora Park. That works really well for us Bendigonians too because Bundoora is not hard to get to :)

So, we're a bit tight on the cash so no chicken skewers from our end, what if we bring bread and salad? We are having our housewarming here the night before so if we've got anything good leftover to bring we'll bring that too ;)

I believe I saw the an Victorian Flood Appeal in the paper? Not sure :unsure:

That is fine, RE: bread, salad and leftovers. Let me know how much the things you buy. :)

1. TroysRollaSX

2. Private Number

3. KenshinX

4. eviltwin (maybe)

5. Tash

6. Barb

7. benji4138

8. Tofuboi?

9. le.vinh.zr

10. dwee

11. 1stKill

12. dorifto

13. A Buff Hamster?

14. YinG

Bundoora Park is a nice one, easy enough to get to, and has a nice lookout with a reasonable size carpark we could all get some great photos at if the weather is good. Has BBQ facilities as well.

Thanks for the suggestion! Googled it and looks decent place to have bbq and take photos! I had a quick look and thinking about either River Red Gum Picnic Reserve or the Kite Run Reserve in the Bundoora Park. I'm leaning towards the Red Gum Picnic Reserve but will confirm tmr after work. Troy, what do you think? Have you been there before?

I've been there lots of times, and I'd suggest River Red Gum Picnic Reserve, trust me, the map on the web site makes it look MUCH smaller then it really is. I think those of you who are into photography will love the lookout, a great place to get photos of the cars with the city centre in the background.

I've been there lots of times, and I'd suggest River Red Gum Picnic Reserve, trust me, the map on the web site makes it look MUCH smaller then it really is. I think those of you who are into photography will love the lookout, a great place to get photos of the cars with the city centre in the background.

Sounds good mate. Will scope it out! Lookout sounds good too, I guess I should pack my SLR for tmr hehe anyone want to join? :P

First post edited.

Sound great :) Is it alright we all bring something to share over this BBQ to :) I'm hoping the weather is good with sunshine. hmm which park we going? Double checking :) thanks

I mean no offence and will say this openly: whoever organises the sausages, please, Please bring enough to cater for EVERYONE. Last time, I paid 10 bucks for 2!? Had I known, I'd probably would have bought a 2 dozen pack down for everyone. Hey, that's just me... :)

Who wants sausages?

haha bundoora park, i love that place, i did cross country there back in high school and live 5 minutes away from there. sorry but i cant make it for this one, i wont be in melbourne that weekend.

I'll give my view on bundoora park. It is a great family park and has many good BBQ locations. You'll need to get in early though because it gets really busy on the weekends. Im unsure of how the parking spaces are now, but i know the parking for the River Red Gum picnic reserve is gravel. If you guys want to park together so you can shoot photos then people will need to come on time or find another location for a photoshoot. There's not much else to the place, just alot of grass.

I've got a good friend who is really into car photography who took a pic up there last year, I've just asked him if it's ok if I share that pic with you all...

Yeah, swung by for a bit and saw the lookout place. Good spot but won't fit everyone at once. :)

photo.jpg

Sound great :) Is it alright we all bring something to share over this BBQ to :) I'm hoping the weather is good with sunshine. hmm which park we going? Double checking :) thanks

You can bring stuff to the BBQ. I'm thinking, if you buy anything, let me know how much you bought it for and I'll work out how much I need to refund you (to make it fair). Bundoora Park looks like a winner! :D

I mean no offence and will say this openly: whoever organises the sausages, please, Please bring enough to cater for EVERYONE. Last time, I paid 10 bucks for 2!? Had I known, I'd probably would have bought a 2 dozen pack down for everyone. Hey, that's just me... :)

Who wants sausages?

Have you seen me eat a BBQ? Nah I know, important people confirm that they are going, and I'll try to organise right amount of food. Thinking of making it simple as possible, it will be sausages, bread, onions, pasta/potato salads, greek salad (maybe), anything else?

haha bundoora park, i love that place, i did cross country there back in high school and live 5 minutes away from there. sorry but i cant make it for this one, i wont be in melbourne that weekend.

I'll give my view on bundoora park. It is a great family park and has many good BBQ locations. You'll need to get in early though because it gets really busy on the weekends. Im unsure of how the parking spaces are now, but i know the parking for the River Red Gum picnic reserve is gravel. If you guys want to park together so you can shoot photos then people will need to come on time or find another location for a photoshoot. There's not much else to the place, just alot of grass.

Damn man, that sucks. I wanted photoshoot lol. Went before, one of the car park in River Red Gum is gravel (road is asphalt), which leads to a full asphalt car park - this is where I'm planning for us to meet up! :)

I've got a good friend who is really into car photography who took a pic up there last year, I've just asked him if it's ok if I share that pic with you all...

Yeah, swung by for a bit and saw the lookout place. Good spot but won't fit everyone at once. :)

photo.jpg

Ahh, yes, I didn't think of that. Here's a photo from a meet I went to with a different car club a few years ago there - a couple more cars could have fitted, but not many more:

post-21132-0-27134300-1295453602_thumb.j

And the same lookout from google earth:

post-21132-0-14736400-1295453603_thumb.j

You can bring stuff to the BBQ. I'm thinking, if you buy anything, let me know how much you bought it for and I'll work out how much I need to refund you (to make it fair). Bundoora Park looks like a winner! :D

Cool, I'll probably bring some things along then, because I might also have a few mates tag along on the day too, but I won't know until the day, so it's just easier if I bring food too. B)

Who wants sausages?

Have you seen me eat a BBQ? Nah I know, important people confirm that they are going, and I'll try to organise right amount of food. Thinking of making it simple as possible, it will be sausages, bread, onions, pasta/potato salads, greek salad (maybe), anything else?

I can't think of anything else really, asides from maybe some hamburgers and/or shishkebabs (not sure if I've got that right, the meat, onion, whatever else on a skewer), that's what I'll probably bring, so if that sounds good to anyone else, say so and I'll make sure I bring plenty :spiteful:

Damn man, that sucks. I wanted photoshoot lol. Went before, one of the car park in River Red Gum is gravel (road is asphalt), which leads to a full asphalt car park - this is where I'm planning for us to meet up! :)

Probably a wise choice, biggest car park there and as long as people don't go flying in (which I hope nobody is silly enough to do) then the gravel will not be an issue.

Hahaha I did cross country there too back in the day - I went to 2 schools not too far away, both of which are now closed, Preston East Primary and "Preston Secondary College" (Better known as Preston Tech). So yeah, I know this area pretty well too. This is a park I like to take my son to, he loves running around there! And spot on with how busy it gets.

Is the Asphalt car big? Would accomodate the lot of us ok? What time you thinking. Hell I'd probably be able to kill two stones with one bird and do JDMST and Toyota meet. Yeh, I typed the last bit wrong.. lol

Here's a pic of the gravel car park from google earth:

post-21132-0-30595600-1295453347_thumb.j

Most of the asphalt car parks are a bit on the small side, they're all smaller then that one.

Edited by TroysRollaSX

Type "Bramham Drive, Bundoora, VIC" into www.nearmap.com, they are more regularly updated. :)

It is now asphalt, and yep, is definitely large enough for us. However, being a park (for families and kids), it is definitely going to be packed.

Screenshot2011-01-20at55526AM.png

Regarding time, I'll probably have to go early and shotgun the BBQ (anyone want to join? :P). Everyone aim for 10:30AM? Have a bit of a catch up, photos before cooking?

Peter.

Sweet, its all coming together nicely then :yahoo: 10:30am sounds alright too, I reckon we'll meet up in Bendigo then about 9 and head on down, doesn't take too long to get to Bundoora from memory. Google Maps reckons its two hours but I don't think its quite that long.

Damn Mick :( You better be coming next time though hahah

Aww that time it's good :) I just need to find the place aswell, including traveling from my end.

I'll grab some snacks along the way, does any one like chocolate mud cakes? Or anyone perfer cup cakes, I'm juggling with both lol :)

Plus will there be any signs telling me which ppl are part of the meet, as I'm scare there could be lots of BBQ happening and I'm not sure which one is ours. Thanks :)

Type "Bramham Drive, Bundoora, VIC" into www.nearmap.com, they are more regularly updated. :)

It is now asphalt, and yep, is definitely large enough for us. However, being a park (for families and kids), it is definitely going to be packed.

Screenshot2011-01-20at55526AM.png

Regarding time, I'll probably have to go early and shotgun the BBQ (anyone want to join? :P). Everyone aim for 10:30AM? Have a bit of a catch up, photos before cooking?

Peter.

Awesome, I didn't know about nearmap.com, thanks!

I'll arrive early too to help shotgun the BBQ, seeing as this place was my idea, it only seems fair, what time you planning on being there?

10:30am sounds like a great time to plan for everyone to arrive, get some photos and so on before we cook up some grub to me.

Troy.

Aww that time it's good :) I just need to find the place aswell, including traveling from my end.

I'll grab some snacks along the way, does any one like chocolate mud cakes? Or anyone perfer cup cakes, I'm juggling with both lol :)

Plus will there be any signs telling me which ppl are part of the meet, as I'm scare there could be lots of BBQ happening and I'm not sure which one is ours. Thanks :)

Yum! Chocolate mud cake :D Although cup cakes would be just as good too! Don't worry about the signs Ying, just look for our cars, they're pretty identifiable :lol: My gold Camry will be there, plus a heap of Corollas in various colours (though white and black mostly!), a silver Aurion, a dark grey old school Corolla, the list goes on! I will PM you my mobile number :)

Ok so do we have final numbers???

i remember the chicken skewers were a big hit :toast: , so i'll make more but i think i'll make a lot more this time :clap: ... lol

see you all there!!!

Lol!! I thought we were doing breads and salads?? Well I'll do that part then and if you want to be chicken skewer making factory go for it hahahah We are gunna need a bucket tonne of chicken rofl

Edited by Tash

hell yeah to the chocolate mudcake YinG... :clap:

If you spot my car (the one in my avatar and sig, pretty easy to spot a gunmetal grey early 90s SECA SX with dark tint) then I and the rest of us won't be far away, and I'm sure one of the organisers wouldn't mind PMing you their mobile number so you can call if need be?

I'm diabetic, so that's why I'll be bringing along some food myself, as much as I love chocolate in all it's forms, I'll have to pass on that, but I'm sure nobody else will complain!

At this rate it sounds like we'll need 2 of the BBQs just to have enough room to cook all the food, hahaha :)