[VIC] Jan Monthly Meet 2011, 10:30AM 30/01/2011 @ Bundoora Park

dwee.

Hey guys,

What's planned for Jan monthly meet? It will be a BBQ at Bundoora Park. Some chatting, taking photos and the usual hoo ya! Details below. :)

What: VIC TOCAU Monthly Meet & BBQ.

When: 10:30AM, 30th January, 2011.

Where: Bundoora Park, asphalt car park along Red River Gum Ave (refer to map below!).

What to bring: Some coinage to help our fellow friends affected by the floods. If you want to bring stuff along, write what you're bringing in a post below.

Entrance to Bundoora Park is Red River Gum Ave and Plenty Road (near Plenty Rd and Main Drive) - approx. location is 1069 Plenty Road, Bundoora, VIC 3083. Follow the red arrows to the asphalt car park and this is where it will be. :)

TOCAU201101MeetLocation-1.jpg

Ok, you know the deal! Copy and add your name if you're attending! B)

1. TroysRollaSX + some mates (hamburgers and/or shishkebabs, BBQ gear, oil, paper towel)

2. Private Number

3. KenshinX (KRANSKYS)

4. shin0bi

5. Tash (bread loaves, crusty vienna, salad)

6. Barb (chicken skewers)

7. benji4138 + Snaz (snags and bread)

8. Tofuboi?

9. le.vinh.zr (esky, few snacks, ice, drinks/water)

10. dwee (esky, ice, drinks, snags, greek salad, plates/spoons/knives/forks/cups)

11. 1stKill

12. dorifto (extra coinage)

13. A Buff Hamster?

14. YinG + friend (snacks/chocolate mud cake, paper plates, tissues, spoons, knives, sunscreen, anti insect spray, THE WORKS)

15. Simon

16. Johnnieboi (gangsta chairs)

On a side note, to help our fellow friends facing a difficult time in QLD, any profits (if there is such payment for food etc) or if people feel like donating will be collected on the day and I will send it all on behalf of the TOCAU Community!! :)

Also I will have to add, there is to be NO hooning, reckless driving and revving! It is a family park; other people will be there, and like us, will want to enjoy their day! :)

Looking forward to this!! :D

Peter.

P.S. Tash will be organising the Feb monthly meet up her way (which we will all be going one way or another; we owe her! :P).

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

possibly tracking on australia day... if the weather isn't too hot...

Totally forgot to mention that! Haha Trung said he might have to pull out.

Keep the ideas coming (if you have any)! If Jan does not pull through, we can always use the idea for another Monthly meet. :D

Hahah, sounds awesome Mick :lol:

Yep - tentative date for the meet this way is Sunday the 27th of Feb. I'm up for whatever in Jan, the 23rd we are going on our recon run for that cruise so just don't make it then :lol: We are having our housewarming here Jan 29th (welcome to come if you fancy a drive!) so maybe don't make it Jan 30 cos I might be too hungover to drive rofl

Australia Day doesn't sound like a bad idea though seeings its a public holiday and all :D Altho oops just read that might be a track day... Hmm.. go with the 30th of Jan then and I'll make sure I stop drinking early enough to drive the next day heheh

It's such a pity The Garage Cafe isn't open on Sunday's, would have quite happily driven down to eat with you all there! What about another good pub/restaurant somewhere in Melb and we can go have another photoshoot under the bridge or something?? Just a catch-up meet and not actually drive anywhere too much.

Edited by Tash

Hahah, sounds awesome Mick :lol:

Yep - tentative date for the meet this way is Sunday the 27th of Feb. I'm up for whatever in Jan, the 23rd we are going on our recon run for that cruise so just don't make it then :lol: We are having our housewarming here Jan 29th (welcome to come if you fancy a drive!) so maybe don't make it Jan 30 cos I might be too hungover to drive rofl

Australia Day doesn't sound like a bad idea though seeings its a public holiday and all :D Altho oops just read that might be a track day... Hmm.. go with the 30th of Jan then and I'll make sure I stop drinking early enough to drive the next day heheh

It's such a pity The Garage Cafe isn't open on Sunday's, would have quite happily driven down to eat with you all there! What about another good pub/restaurant somewhere in Melb and we can go have another photoshoot under the bridge or something?? Just a catch-up meet and not actually drive anywhere too much.

27TH OF FEBURARY IS OUT OF THE QUESTION!

..... It's my birthday the day after. ;P (28th)

Well on the 26th I'm thinking of doing something so 27th ill prolly be a bit ehhhhhhh. We'll see!

Also recon run is still scheduled for that Jan date! :D

Sounds like a good option Mick (the only idea so far :lol:). Like the other time at Albert Park? I know you weren't there but it was more about the food and the chatting.. :)

Hahaha okay Tash. Let's see how this goes. I'm thinking it would better if it was either on the 23rd or 30th of Jan. Main reason being, parks would be more busy/packed on Australia Day and especially if it's a nice day.. :(

So long as I'm not working I'm in (for the first time). Looking forward to meeting all the VIC people so hopefully work wont be too cruel

Sounds good. Come and meet us. We don't bite haha.

Mmmmm BBQ and photo shoot sounds good to me! Maybe Bundoora Park?

That's a suggestion noted. Anyone know any other good parks that have a fair amount of car parking? :D

From the pinned weekly meet thread. :)

Happy New Year people! Just letting you guys and girls know something is happening towards the end of the month...

Stay Tuned! ;)

So what does Duy have in mind??

Okay - I'm proposing the following two dates then:

30th January: Whatever we are doing this month

20th February: Cruise/Pub lunch up this way :D

So what does Duy have in mind??

I have no idea, will speak with him later.

Okay - I'm proposing the following two dates then:

30th January: Whatever we are doing this month

20th February: Cruise/Pub lunch up this way :D

Sounds good, but that means you have to stop drinking a bit early for the 30th Jan?

Sounds good, but that means you have to stop drinking a bit early for the 30th Jan?

Heheh yep, we can do that :) Probably best I don't drink too much anyway if I'm meant to be hosting!

Locked, Loaded and Ready for this meet!

Awesome! Photoshoot soon! :D

Stop being cryptic you lot and lock in some details :lol: I want to know what we're doing! Heheheh

Yeh, what Lee said. I'm back from holidays and won't be doing the track day on the 26th. The 27th is fine provided it's during the day/afternoon.

Also boys; track day in March at Winton :) Insider news has it that it will be an organised private Winton day and I'm trying to secure some 10-15 spots for myself and crew in tow. Once it's confirmed then I will let you know for those interested.

Stop being cryptic you lot and lock in some details :lol: I want to know what we're doing! Heheheh

LOL I'm thinking the 30th? Lock it in? (Johnnie's coming back on the 20th)

As for what's planned, well that's still under works. :)

At present, these are the options/ideas (in no particular order or preference):

1. Steamboat in the city (Plenty of parking if it's on a Sunday). Eat & chat.

2. Pecking Duck in Hawthorn (Parking could be a problem). Eat & chat.

3. Picnic at either Fitzroy Gardens or Royal Botanic Gardens. Prepared food, eat, chat, shots of park & city in background.

4. BBQ at another park (quite possibly Yarra Blvd or Footscray Park). Eat, chat and take shots.

What do you guys think? :P

First post updated!

Yeh, what Lee said. I'm back from holidays and won't be doing the track day on the 26th. The 27th is fine provided it's during the day/afternoon.

Trung, what about the 30th?

If it's the 30th then count me in, day off from work, and will cruise on down :D

I'm seeing a mini convoy happening :D

Any of the options sound great Pete, count Barb and I in as well for the 30th :) Must admit the steamboat in the city sounds interesting. Not so keen on the Peking duck idea being a fussy eater, but guessing there are plenty of other menu choices?