[VIC] Jan Monthly Meet 2011, 10:30AM 30/01/2011 @ Bundoora Park

dwee.

If it's the 30th then count me in, day off from work, and will cruise on down :D

I'm seeing a mini convoy happening :D

Any of the options sound great Pete, count Barb and I in as well for the 30th :) Must admit the steamboat in the city sounds interesting. Not so keen on the Peking duck idea being a fussy eater, but guessing there are plenty of other menu choices?

Well if you's go down we may as well meet up somewhere and form a "convoy" :D

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it's the 30th then count me in, day off from work, and will cruise on down :D

Any of the options sound great Pete, count Barb and I in as well for the 30th :) Must admit the steamboat in the city sounds interesting. Not so keen on the Peking duck idea being a fussy eater, but guessing there are plenty of other menu choices?

Done! Given you're out in Maiden Gully pick somewhere out your way to meet up and we can head out via the Calder Alternate ;)

Done! Given you're out in Maiden Gully pick somewhere out your way to meet up and we can head out via the Calder Alternate ;)

Sounds good, I'd probably say the Marong golf club if it's on the way, otherwise there is an IGA in Maiden Gully

Sounds good, I'd probably say the Marong golf club if it's on the way, otherwise there is an IGA in Maiden Gully

Cool, I know the IGA but not sure about the golf club, but I'm sure I could find it! :)

Ill just throw it out there, maybe a cruise and lunch at one of melbournes water damns?

cardinia?

Hey Reece, will definitely consider it! Could you please pm me of what you have in mind or fb pm me? Thanks.

Awesome! Looking forward to meeting you! :)

Duy, Any date is fine provided it's during the day :D

Wicked!

Barb will be driving? :P Still don't know what to do, have to decide soon.. Lol

Ok, you know the deal! Copy and add your name if you're attending! B)

1. TroysRollaSX

2. Private Number

3. KenshinX

4. eviltwin (maybe)

5. Tash

6. Barb

7. benji4138

8. Tofuboi?

9. le.vinh.zr

10. dwee

11. 1stKill

12. dorifto

On a side note, to help our fellow friends facing a difficult time in QLD, any profits (if there is such payment for food etc) or if people feel like donating will be collected on the day and I will send it all on behalf of the TOCAU Community!! :)

Ill just throw it out there, maybe a cruise and lunch at one of melbournes water damns?

cardinia?

Hey Reece, will definitely consider it! Could you please pm me of what you have in mind or fb pm me? Thanks.

Wicked!

Yes i'll be there... looking forward to my first official meet... and to introduce Luna...

cardinia?

Wicked!

Yes i'll be there... looking forward to my first official meet... and to introduce Luna...

Congrats on the first post Babs! :P

We need to get you a photo to put on your profile by the way.

Now let's get down to the nitty gritty. I'm gonna be a maybe for this, for a couple of reasons. 1. Currently living off $95 a week... Yep $95 a week, and $80 of that has to go to fuel alone. So you see where that is going. - 2. Work. As most of you know I work for a Telco, with the QLD floods and what not our work queues have gone up expidentially so work is pretty much wanting everyone on deck 24/7 until we can get that work done. So if work wants me on that particular day then i'll pretty much have to take it.

But i'm not saying I'm not going yet, just saying I'm a maybe.

Congrats on the first post Babs! :P

We need to get you a photo to put on your profile by the way.

Now let's get down to the nitty gritty. I'm gonna be a maybe for this, for a couple of reasons. 1. Currently living off $95 a week... Yep $95 a week, and $80 of that has to go to fuel alone. So you see where that is going. - 2. Work. As most of you know I work for a Telco, with the QLD floods and what not our work queues have gone up expidentially so work is pretty much wanting everyone on deck 24/7 until we can get that work done. So if work wants me on that particular day then i'll pretty much have to take it.

But i'm not saying I'm not going yet, just saying I'm a maybe.

Hahah well the profile pic is the problem - if she tries to edit anything on her profile it tells her that she's not authorised to do so. So we need to e-mail Steve and find out.

No worries on the maybe, as long as you come to the cruise up our way its all good lol

Ah cool.. I like to come to this meet up, only fear I have is will there b any girls *shy* lol I'm a girl that's y hehe :)

please let me know what the finally out come is, plus date and time be great to. Looking fwd to this :) cheers

don't be scared about being shy, just be scared from the all the guys - especially Peter, guys a monster (I love you bro lol).

Hows this, how about we do a meet with the JDMST crew? They are having an end of month meet at the Pier in Docklands on Lorimer street. Right now I'm split between the two so we could just make it a joint thing. I can ask the organiser (I know the dude so should be sweet). Plus it's pretty central!

Who's in? Me. lol.

Ah cool.. I like to come to this meet up, only fear I have is will there b any girls *shy* lol I'm a girl that's y hehe :)

please let me know what the finally out come is, plus date and time be great to. Looking fwd to this :) cheers

Well both myself and Barb are female and we'll have our cars, plus quite a few of the guys bring their girlfriends along. Plus all the boys are pussycats :lol:

don't be scared about being shy, just be scared from the all the guys - especially Peter, guys a monster (I love you bro lol).

Hows this, how about we do a meet with the JDMST crew? They are having an end of month meet at the Pier in Docklands on Lorimer street. Right now I'm split between the two so we could just make it a joint thing. I can ask the organiser (I know the dude so should be sweet). Plus it's pretty central!

Who's in? Me. lol.

I don't really mind combining but the one JDMST meet I went to was pretty segregated even though there were a few of us there, didn't really feel that friendly like our meets.

Who's in? Me. lol.

den den wouldnt mind! He actually told me to bring people along.

Ill most likely be going with a couple of mates of mine. If you guys wanna tag along thats cool too. Let me know!

Well both myself and Barb are female and we'll have our cars, plus quite a few of the guys bring their girlfriends along. Plus all the boys are pussycats :lol:

Hey, I resemble that remark! Hahaha. I may look like a bogan, but I'm as harmless as can be. Don't stress, the last meet I went to had a great bunch of friendly people there! B)

Who's in? Me. lol.

I don't know of what this JDMST crew you speak of is, but if the same people as the last meet I went will be there, count me in! :)

Okay well seeings it was Peter doing the beginning organising I think he should have a say in what we end up doing. For what its worth because there will be 3 of us coming from Bendigo a day time meet would be great, say like midday for lunch, that way we could leave around 3 or 4pm and not get home too late. I don't mind the drive but if we're going to be in the city or out the other side its a 4 hour drive or more there and back.

Is the JDMST meet taking place during the day or night? Because if its late arvo/night then its definitely out for me, especially on a Sunday. Personally I'd rather do our own thing because like I said a fair few of the JDMST weren't really that welcoming and were only interested in the cars that had owners who had invested a lot of money. Don't get me wrong there were a lot of nice guys too but they didn't really introduce themselves or chat much like we do with each other.

I reckon a lunch somewhere we can catch up and chat would be awesome and maybe a short drive to a nice location for photos - there's still time to organise a BBQ but there's a bit of work to do that so there were a couple of restaurants suggested, lets pick one of those maybe?

Sorry to sound like the typical bossy woman (:lol:) but I'm really looking forward to catching up with you all again and there'll be a couple of new faces along, so something easy and low key would be great, and maybe we can combine the meet with JDMST another time.

Cool, I know the IGA but not sure about the golf club, but I'm sure I could find it! :)

Righto, may as meet at the IGA then. We can then go via Edwards road to the Calder Alternate which has a couple of twists as opposed to the straight highway to Marong :)

Okay well seeings it was Peter doing the beginning organising I think he should have a say in what we end up doing. For what its worth because there will be 3 of us coming from Bendigo a day time meet would be great, say like midday for lunch, that way we could leave around 3 or 4pm and not get home too late. I don't mind the drive but if we're going to be in the city or out the other side its a 4 hour drive or more there and back.

Is the JDMST meet taking place during the day or night? Because if its late arvo/night then its definitely out for me, especially on a Sunday. Personally I'd rather do our own thing because like I said a fair few of the JDMST weren't really that welcoming and were only interested in the cars that had owners who had invested a lot of money. Don't get me wrong there were a lot of nice guys too but they didn't really introduce themselves or chat much like we do with each other.

I reckon a lunch somewhere we can catch up and chat would be awesome and maybe a short drive to a nice location for photos - there's still time to organise a BBQ but there's a bit of work to do that so there were a couple of restaurants suggested, lets pick one of those maybe?

Sorry to sound like the typical bossy woman (:lol:) but I'm really looking forward to catching up with you all again and there'll be a couple of new faces along, so something easy and low key would be great, and maybe we can combine the meet with JDMST another time.

+1

JDMST meet is at 2pm Tash :)

Hmm... Probably a bit late for me, wouldn't really be down there for long before turning around to head back home again so it wouldn't be worth the trip.

:) ah that's alright, if we have a catch up lunch that would be great to, I though we could meet somewhere where it's easy to get to and also that parking won't be an issue, since if we meet in the CBD it would cost money to park plus hard to find parking where everyone could park near one another. Hmm I'm not really keen on driving to the city that's all.

:) ah that's alright, if we have a catch up lunch that would be great to, I though we could meet somewhere where it's easy to get to and also that parking won't be an issue, since if we meet in the CBD it would cost money to park plus hard to find parking where everyone could park near one another. Hmm I'm not really keen on driving to the city that's all.

That's fair enough - one of the suggestions on the first page was to do a picnic in the park type thing :) But you guys know Melbourne so I'll leave it to people that'd know a nice park to go to.

That's fair enough - one of the suggestions on the first page was to do a picnic in the park type thing :) But you guys know Melbourne so I'll leave it to people that'd know a nice park to go to.

Bundoora Park is a nice one, easy enough to get to, and has a nice lookout with a reasonable size carpark we could all get some great photos at if the weather is good. Has BBQ facilities as well.

Bundoora Park is a nice one, easy enough to get to, and has a nice lookout with a reasonable size carpark we could all get some great photos at if the weather is good. Has BBQ facilities as well.

Sounds good to me!!

Awesome! :)

Nathan: No pressure mate! If you can come, you can come! If not, don't stress about it! :)

Hahaha as Tash said, there are Tash, Barb and the boys' girlfriends that come along. Tash also made a good point below and you might find that we are an easy-going and friendly group; we don't bite! You can bring a friend or two, that's no problem - just let me know so I can organise food if need be. Location and time is still pending but date is locked for the Sunday 30th of January! Looking forward to meeting you. :)

Who's in? Me. lol.

Geez thanks mate, don't start giving me a bad rep! Haha like we discussed on the phone earlier, JDMST meet is a possibility but depending on what we do. I also want to do a charity/fundraiser kind of thing for the QLD floods (initially), but due to recent events of flooding in Victoria as well, not sure how I will go about this. 50-50?