[VIC] Jan Monthly Meet 2011, 10:30AM 30/01/2011 @ Bundoora Park

dwee.

Awesome :) The only thing I don't think that's been mentioned is sauce if anyone wants it??

Probably won't bring my car down for this one and will just shotgun with Barb, seems a bit redundant to bring both our cars.

oh yeah lol there's no BBQ without sauces, like BBQ sauces and tomatos ones.. I'll see if I could take my bro nandos sauce. Which I recall it was spicy lol.

I think we have "nearly" everything for a great perfect BBQ. :)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome :) The only thing I don't think that's been mentioned is sauce if anyone wants it??

Probably won't bring my car down for this one and will just shotgun with Barb, seems a bit redundant to bring both our cars.

oh yeah lol there's no BBQ without sauces, like BBQ sauces and tomatos ones.. I'll see if I could take my bro nandos sauce. Which I recall it was spicy lol.

I think we have "nearly" everything for a great perfect BBQ. :)

Forgot about that! Can someone buy/bring them along? I just went today and bought forks/knives/plates/cups/drinks. Will buy stuff for greek salad the night before. :)

im in !

Added to the list! Can you ask if Jay is going? I FB'd him but he hasn't responded yet. Ta

Ladies and gents, unfortunately i cant come to this meet anymore. Something popped up :( But ill make sure i come to the next one! Hopefully my set up will be in by then! Have a fun time everyone and drive safely!

Bummer :( Well make sure you can come to the next one cos its the meet up our way! So you've all got to keep Sunday the 27th of Feb free!

Ladies and gents, unfortunately i cant come to this meet anymore. Something popped up :( But ill make sure i come to the next one! Hopefully my set up will be in by then! Have a fun time everyone and drive safely!

Bummer :( Well make sure you can come to the next one cos its the meet up our way! So you've all got to keep Sunday the 27th of Feb free!

Yep! Sunday the 27th! KEEP IT FREE!

Also watch these totally cool videos. They're from our recon run. :P

6 part series, only got 4 up at the moment. (they're 1.6GB each lol)

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

EDIT: Sorry to hijack, but im proud of my videos haha.

Unless things change a fair bit i think ill be a no show on sunday....one reason only

Sunday 30 January

SummaryMin 22Max 40Mostly sunny.

Metropolitan area

Mostly sunny. Winds north to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h then tending southwesterly up to 30 km/h by early evening.

Car got no AC and also dont want to risk any chance of car getting too hot.

hopefully cool change and ill be there

Oh nooo... Sunday it's going be over 40 degree... :( I think it's going be extreme hot for a BBQ, say we might not allow to start a BBQ? Fire ban? *confused* if in that case will this event be going ahead?

Oh nooo... Sunday it's going be over 40 degree... :( I think it's going be extreme hot for a BBQ, say we might not allow to start a BBQ? Fire ban? *confused* if in that case will this event be going ahead?

Wow, 40......If there was a Total Fire Ban then I reckon it will still be on just have salads and cold meat or something

Fire ban was a very good point :) But as Troy's already said anyway those type of park BBQ's are okay. Here's the info directly from cfa.vic.gov.au:

"Barbecues that are fixed appliances, fired by gas or electricity, and built into permanent structures of brick, stone or concrete provided that:

• The area 3 metres around the barbecue is cleared of flammable material
  • You have either a hose connected to water supply or a vessel with at least 10 litres of water
  • An adult is there at all times when the fire is alight.

For anyone interested the link is available here:

http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/restrictions/can.htm#cancant1

Just going to be bloody hot!! So thanks to those that are bringing water :)

Unless things change a fair bit i think ill be a no show on sunday....one reason only

Sunday 30 January

SummaryMin 22Max 40Mostly sunny.

Metropolitan area

Mostly sunny. Winds north to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h then tending southwesterly up to 30 km/h by early evening.

Car got no AC and also dont want to risk any chance of car getting too hot.

hopefully cool change and ill be there

this will be a worry for me too...

Argh... I will need lots of water intake, :D and also bring on the sunnies and of course the hat and sunscreen to. I'll see if I could grab a bag of ice at the service Station to.

Hopeful there's plenty of shades to.

Oh I just notice Private Number won't be going to this BBQ anymore, cam someone kindly grab rubbish bags instead, as I've and will bring lots already. Thanks :)

Edited by YinG

Argh... I will need lots of water intake, :D and also bring on the sunnies and of course the hat and sunscreen to. I'll see if I could grab a bag of ice at the service Station to.

Oh I just notice Private Number won't be going to this BBQ anymore, cam someone kindly grab rubbish bags instead, as I've and will bring lots already. Thanks :)

No dramas.

40 degrees or not, i will be there. I've worked in a roof thats hotter than 40degrees. Just gonna tank it. lol :P

A lot of planning/effort has gone into this, it would be great if people came. We braved the cold/rain for the Albert Park meet, but if your not comfortable in the heat then thats fine.

Im sure it will be a good day regardless, if anything bring a spare change of clothes, we may decide to hit st.kilda later in the arvo if you want to cool down and swim or whatever, or go eat icecream. B)

i used to push trolleys @ target in mildura years ago....thermometer held at shoulder height in carpark....above 55 degrees C.......

different is i have a choice now lol...back then i had to do it

ill see...might turn up

Stop being pansies and just come to the meet aircon or no aircon, we have Toyota's reliability on our side! And for the record.. no my aircon is not gassed nor do I use it.

My corolla's air conditioner always works (roll the windows down) ;)

i used to push trolleys @ target in mildura years ago....thermometer held at shoulder height in carpark....above 55 degrees C.......

different is i have a choice now lol...back then i had to do it

ill see...might turn up

remember that friday when the whole of western suburbs houses electricity went off with a bang? i was in my parents fish n chip shop when it was already 45 degrees outside and no wind. so what do people do? they can't be bothered to cook and we suffered. no fan going, 3 hot fryers + a hot plate. i reckon it'll be closer to 60 degrees + humidity -_-

mrs will have a day off tha day. but we will see. i have to bring those kransky's there! ;)

Awww... St kilda sound fun to.. That's if anyone agree to go swim or even have a tan ;) plus eat ice cream to.

I'll be there after 12ish since I've to do a few things. Ah this meet is going be fun :D

No dramas.

40 degrees or not, i will be there. I've worked in a roof thats hotter than 40degrees. Just gonna tank it. lol :P

A lot of planning/effort has gone into this, it would be great if people came. We braved the cold/rain for the Albert Park meet, but if your not comfortable in the heat then thats fine.

Im sure it will be a good day regardless, if anything bring a spare change of clothes, we may decide to hit st.kilda later in the arvo if you want to cool down and swim or whatever, or go eat icecream. B)

Yeah the heat don't bother me too much,i hate the cold.

Albert Park last year...great meet.

k0r328.jpg

ahhhh memories,rain or sunshine we still go full steam ahead.