knocking noise when engaging clutch

update: i rang the repairers and asked what's the go with my car.

basically said that they think its coming from the diff so they rang up the place that checks the gearboxes. aami gave the OK to check it so off it goes to the place to check it.

when they drove it around for the last time before taking it into the place to crack the box open, they drove around for 20 minutes and COULD NOT reproduce the sound anymore :blink: he even sent the person who was going to drive it to the other place to see if the noise would come back. throughout the whole trip there, it didn't make even one noise. :blink: -_- even when driving it the way i did before i gave the car in.

he now thinks the noise is coming from one of the engine mounts on the right side of the engine bay.

i asked him if he removed the rear mounts or any mounts before taking it to the gearbox place and he said no. i was thinking that the washers that were put in by pedders to hold the mount inserts in have moved and now the inner part of the washer are now knocking against the bolt. he said he didn't touch those. so they are still in the progress of ruling out stuff to pinpoint where the noise is coming from.

he said to ring back at 3.30pm today and he will give me an update and hopefully an answer to this issue.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive told you a million times it's those homo mount inserts , remove those and you will not have a noise anymore...

i geard u first time LOL :P but they ruled that one out yesterday... oh wells see if he got an answer for me tomorrow :)

A long shot, but have you checked to see if your cai pipe is rubbing against chassis when the engine moves

its covered by a silicon hose, so its not knocking against it :)

I wasn't aware you had mount inserts with washers, my bet is these are the cause of the knocking. It wont be the diff or CV's.

would this be the cause of the same noise when I'm shifting into gears too?

Gahhhh... you know how to fix it but you won't and you ask and ask and ask as if you want it to be somethign else .. just rip em out it's got nothing to do with your stack or the damage done and repaied.. tis mounts mounts mounts inserts inserts inserts...

if it is related to the inserts, try using them without the washers, just as a trial. i know they may pop out after a while, but do this as a process of elimination.

i'm using the same mount inserts without any washers and mines dead quiet (ie. no knocking). they aren't popping out, either.

Gahhhh... you know how to fix it but you won't and you ask and ask and ask as if you want it to be somethign else .. just rip em out it's got nothing to do with your stack or the damage done and repaied.. tis mounts mounts mounts inserts inserts inserts...

u free on the weekend? i'll take my tyres to u and we can take them out at the same time

if it is related to the inserts, try using them without the washers, just as a trial. i know they may pop out after a while, but do this as a process of elimination.

i'm using the same mount inserts without any washers and mines dead quiet (ie. no knocking). they aren't popping out, either.

i envy u... and i envy u ALOT -_- red and black. it CANT be any different... i know someone else had black ones and they still popped out... maybe its a facelift thing? i dunno if these are the cause of it i'm just gonna shelf em.