New iLoad Van

Defyant

Before yas flame me for not gettin a Hilux understand i did test drive a lotta vans.. price power and comfort the iload won hands down for me.

Anyways i paid cash outright so i own it like my Sportivo it's a nice feeling to actually own both my drives for the first time in my life tongue.gif

It's a Turbo Diesel tons of grunt smoooth to drive, Will be perfect for the business.

She's only got 200k on the clock so far but im keen to start putting my mark on her. I found this piccy on the net by TBG88 and it's got the loins stirrin!

Prolly wont lower it that far! but just got the windows fully tinted to the darkest on sides and back shopping for a nice mags and then will see about dropping it a few inches. ok maybe more then a few biggrin.gif

As time goes by i'd like to see if chip mods and turbo mods can be done it's got a pretty sexy exhaust system thanx to the turbo.

Hell yeah, Hyundai has come leaps and bounds... considering the i45 is outselling the Aurion on a national scale should have Toyota shaking in their jocks. Cant wait to see the arrival of their two FR sports cars that have been in the US for the last year or two.

Looks like some DIY fiberglass or plexi eyelids are first on the cards! should make an easy and impressive first mod :spiteful:

Nothing wrong with the newer Hyundais man... especially these things ive only ever heard good things and so well priced!

Cheers mate :D

Hell yeah, Hyundai has come leaps and bounds... considering the i45 is outselling the Aurion on a national scale should have Toyota shaking in their jocks. Cant wait to see the arrival of their two FR sports cars that have been in the US for the last year or two.

Looks like some DIY fiberglass or plexi eyelids are first on the cards! should make an easy and impressive first mod :spiteful:

Jeesus! for real? i can see why they would be outselling.

I had a real good look and sit in an i45 too while i was there and was very impressed. It's very hard to fault it anywhere for the price.

They had this amazing green 2 door sports car there in the showroom at the time. Left hand drive but sexy as hell!

I love the idea of some eyelids! i'm onto it :D

Hows your angeleyes commin along? Ive got a set of CCF's sitting hear from carmate. Was temped to to fit em up for a look. They seem better in direct sunlight then the LED's. This KIT is quoted as being for a Beemer.... but fits the Aurion 99% perfect.

Hyundai has come a long way... but remember, although they make reliable and reasonably good looking cars - bang for buck and decent power, they haven't made anything astonishingly power and practical since they 97 - 00 excel, and the Getz with the 1.6L engine...

They have the looks and the style down pat - they need to start focussing on making a powerful motor to match up into a kick ***** sports car...

IMO anyway :P

They have the looks and the style down pat - they need to start focussing on making a powerful motor to match up into a kick ***** sports car...

IMO anyway :P

They've done that already, they just don't sell it here yet. Go look up the Genesis, and be amazed at how much Hyundai have advanced.

Still don't like the iSore though....

They had this amazing green 2 door sports car there in the showroom at the time. Left hand drive but sexy as hell!

Was this at Ryde.. or that area? Lane cover road? I always see that green genesis in there if thats the one your talking about

Was this at Ryde.. or that area? Lane cover road? I always see that green genesis in there if thats the one your talking about

Yer i recon its one in the same mate, they just move it around from dealer to dealer.

God its sexy! theres prolly only one in the country and its LHD. Wonder if its the 500Hp v8 ver!

That one in the clip dutchie posted has got some bloody grunt.

Re Eyelids, i saw one of your vans last night, seems the parker is up the top of that light, so you may have to relocate it or replace with LED and use ali tape under the eyelids to reflect the LED light down to the front edge of the lid... maybe?

Re Eyelids, i saw one of your vans last night, seems the parker is up the top of that light, so you may have to relocate it or replace with LED and use ali tape under the eyelids to reflect the LED light down to the front edge of the lid... maybe?

Your right mate

looks s**t tbh when its on :P spoils the look with 2 diff col lights, i'd be happy to just cover it :D

I have a pet peev, and thats when you see oncomming cars @ night with 2 different coloured lights.. It always looks odd to me.

But i recon your right with some reflective tape under it would just deflect the parkers down and still light up.

• 5 months later...

Inspired by dutchies ps piccy i'm on my journy for the sexiest iLoad in syd!

Mags first up, not quiet what i had in mind @ the start but being a courier i decied to keep tyre and load rating before all out sex.

1-4.jpg

2-6.jpg

Also dumped a wad for a full custom stainless steel X-force free flow system! makes a huge difference power and acceleration wise.

4-3.jpg

3-5.jpg

This Tuesday she goes in for a performance piggy back ecu upgrade week after suspension.

Last but not least, i'm enquiring OS about these 2 body kits.

This Valance one i can get shipped from korea for around 1800

5-3.jpg

Still trying to find a supplier for this one, really like the Sportivo lookin rear!

7-3.jpg

6-3.jpg

• 1 year later...

It looks alot better than the wheels that were there before

Cheers Ron, It's a work Van and sorta takes second priority to the sportivo. But I do own them both outright and have prolly bigger plans for the van eventually :)

However! I did say I was going install a DPchip and I did! The boost in torque is more than noticeable. Still playing around with settings. 1-10

Coupled with the custom free flow X-force SS exhaust it's easily 20% faster than my mates exact van. First gear is much of a muchness, prolly due to i'm wheel spinning most of it, but once we hit second im pulling away fast.

So the torque is turning straight into hp @ the wheels. For such a small addon and a pretty simplistist fueler idea it adds easy-to-get power.

I do a lotta hway runs and the extra grunt is very nice to have.

IMG_1073.jpg

Also currently working on some custom DIY DRLS. Using Cree Superflux's.

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Cam

The iloads really do rock hard. looking hard for a decent body kit and a Grand Starex interior.

just in the middle of upgrading the Dash instrument lights.

The army green is such a cheap turnoff so doing a led swap to blue.

I'll try this for a month or so then maybe try orange :D

Pulled the dash down to the bare PCB green LEDS standard.

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

I'm cheaping out and using LED's off this real.

IMG_1181.jpg

Halfway done the blue lookin way better

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

Cheers mate, I might go back now and have a re-think about re-doing my aurion dash as well.

This mod is finished :) Very happy with the results.

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg